in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hello, All

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hello, All  (Read 1456 times)

VorpalYataghan

message icon
Hello, All
« on: March 02, 2007, 02:28:31 PM »

Downloaded some nifty stuff yesterday, I'll get to reading over my spring break from college.

I got into comics via www.superdickery.com and hanging out at the forums there. Before that I was not interested in comics hardly at all and only had 3 or 4 issues of G.I. Joe to my name.

Have a nice day.

-VY
ip icon Logged

Aratak

• VIP
message icon
Re: Hello, All
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 09:59:24 PM »

gotta love the SuperDickery. Really a great sense of humor about Silver Age DC's, and I'm so into that. I used to love Fred Hembeck's work when he freelanced and mixed all the various heroes, and his pictorial essays on Jimmy Olsen and Lois Lane comics added to my appreciation and indirectly to my collections of those series, which are about 85% complete in paper.

Welcome aboard! Check out the Fiction House and Quality titles. Plastic Man rocks in any age!
ip icon Logged

VorpalYataghan

message icon
Re: Hello, All
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 05:29:18 AM »

The modern Plastic Man has a sense of humor vs. the other, more serious Justice Leaguers, so I like him.

Ibis the Invincible is interesting, as is The Clock and Alias The Spider.

I think the pulpy heroes that just have masks and wear suits are pretty badass. It's a different, more realistic feel.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.