in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Are you a webcomic artist?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Are you a webcomic artist?  (Read 7944 times)

Janus Wolf

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Are you a webcomic artist?
« on: November 06, 2011, 01:46:23 AM »

Are you a webcomic artist? If so let me know, I may have an interesting project for you to consider.

Janus
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
Re: Are you a webcomic artist?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 05:09:41 PM »

Does it involve cash?  I've been looking for a job for 8 months and it's getting more desperate by the week...

I've done a lot of art over the years, but none specifically for the internet.  What have you got in mind?
ip icon Logged

WileyJ

message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 12:54:47 PM »

i maybe interested
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2012, 08:49:43 AM »

I do the webcomic The KAMics http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/The_KAMics
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 01:11:12 PM by SuperScrounge »
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2012, 11:37:38 AM »

I find it interesting that doing your strip as a webcomic allows you to change the format as needed for the gag, from single-panel to two-panel to multi-panel.

I'm curious as to how long you've been doing this and is there anyway of making money from a webcomic?

Joe
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 09:20:27 AM »

As a webcomic since 2004.

Comics in general since 1982 (cartoons for my club newsletter).

I was almost a published comic book scripter in 1983, but the comic went out of business before that issue was published.

I've heard the rumor that some webcartoonists allegedly make money from their webcomics, but I haven't made any from mine, unfortunately.
ip icon Logged

Florian R. Guillon

message icon
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 05:25:02 PM »

I think if you've got enough followers, you may make money by printing the comics in a paperback, maybe adding some bonus features. You could try with Lulu or The Book Edition if you don't want to invest money.
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 08:19:23 AM »

Yeah, I've looked into the book publishing options, I also planned to produce a dvd of my comics, but then some computer crashes trapped all my originals on an old Mac with no way to move them over to the newer Mac.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2012, 12:49:51 PM »

Can you access the files on the old Mac at all? If they are accessible they can be put up on dropbox and picked up on the other. Or there are services that will get old files.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

thundergirls

message icon
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 05:51:29 PM »

If it's the OS that's "crashed" and the hard drive is still readable, you may be able to remove it and either install in as a second drive in another computer (I know you can do that with PC, not sure about Mac) or you can find USB shells for hard drives at office supply stores.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2012, 06:59:44 PM »

I have a shell for desktoop hard drives and one for an old laptop hard drive.
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 11:00:27 AM »

The OS is fine, the problem is transferring files.

All my art & writing programs are on an old Power Macintosh 9500/120 running system 7.5.2

I used to transfer the files from that to the more advanced Mac (Mac Mini using OS 10.5.8 ) with Zip discs, but my zip drive died and none of the replacements work with such an old computer.

I've tried connecting to the newer Mac with network cables, but either I'm using the wrong cables or the computer systems are too far apart to communicate with each other.

All of the computers that were midway in age are completely dead.

The old computer can hook up to the internet, but I can't go to any but the most simple sites. I can't even sign into email with it.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 11:27:57 AM »

Sounds like boycott mac would have been your best bet. But since you are already in the predicament, you may want to take the hd to someone to get the valuable stuff off before it is lost forever. I don't know anything about macs but putting the old hd in a shell with a usb to the newer machine would be easy on a pc
ip icon Logged

moondood

message icon
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 04:18:00 AM »

I'm not a webcomic artist, per se, but I've lettered a few webcomics, including 2 that I wrote.  Been in the publishing end for over 20 years--DC, Marvel, Dark Horse, Image, etc.

If you need a skilled letterer, give me a holler!

Kurt Hathaway
khathawayart@gmail.com
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 08:02:54 AM »

What webcomics?
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 09:28:35 AM »

The old computer can hook up to the internet, but I can't go to any but the most simple sites. I can't even sign into email with it.

If you have a browser and the internet then you can email them to yourself. I am not sure what you are referring to about not being able to sign into email. I am guess that is an application.

Set up a hotmail account or summat similar and although it will all look pretty ugly you should be able to send attachments
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 08:11:39 AM »

Well, I'd click the little mail logo in Communicator and the pop-up mail thingy didn't work. I tried my accounts on Yahoo & Gmail, couldn't sign in. Tried to create new mail accounts on different providers & only Hushmail allowed me to create an account, but it wouldn't let me sign in to actually use it. *rolls eyes*

However your post did jog my memory that the ISP had switched from the pop-up mail thingy to one like yahoo/gmail/etc. Didn't expect it to work after so much failure, but hey, I got in and was able to send my yahoo account stuff.

Thanks!
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 12:00:58 PM »

Cool!

Just need to make sure you have got it all off the machine as it is rather ancient and has done very well to last this long
ip icon Logged

RickDeckard525

message icon
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2013, 11:38:08 PM »

I have a bad habit of replying to old posts so I am sorry, but what was the job to consider? Did you just do a secret email thing? I don't like secrets! ::)
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.