in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,819 books
 New: 188 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

All New!! A GAC Exclusive!!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: All New!! A GAC Exclusive!!  (Read 3337 times)

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
All New!! A GAC Exclusive!!
« on: December 04, 2011, 08:18:51 PM »

Blimey!

I am not very good at public speaking (mumble mumble looking at notes) but I really ought to announce that I am the new custodian of GAC .... (wait for a slight ripple of polite applause)

So, I just wanted to say "HI" to everyone and to let you know a few things.

Firstly, a huge admission, I really don't know anything about comic books. A couple of years back I was looking for some images to use and I found GAC and its huge wealth of public domain material and just had to do something with it.

So I created FuryComics.com from scans that I downloaded from GAC and also later from DCM. What I also found was a VERY friendly and supportive community.

My vision for the site, now I am the new custodian, is for me to be a safe pair of hands and to move it forward slowly in the direction that people want, with a tweak here and there. Evolution not revolution. I also have absolutely NO intention WHATSOEVER of merging FuryComics and GAC. It would be VERY wrong of me to do so!

So I guess what I am saying is: it's "business as usual" and I will do EVERYTHING I can to make sure I safeguard everyone's hard work during my watch. At the moment, to be honest, it is more than a tad daunting so I would really appreciate all the support and forgiveness (if and when things go wrong) that you have it in your heart to give me.

Very best regards,

Mark
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: All New!! A GAC Exclusive!!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 08:21:18 AM »

Good luck.  I'm firmly over on the DCM staff right now; but I do see value in having both sites, and I wish you the absolute best of luck back here.  Here's hoping everything goes well.
ip icon Logged

Richard

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 10:38:01 AM »

Best of luck, Mark! I hope that you'll enjoy your time as the new custodian and maybe even get to discover what all the fun is about!

Richard
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »

Glad to hear you're now "the Man", Mark. 

Looking forward to having you at the helm.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

CaptainDJ

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 06:05:41 PM »

Congrats Mark!

Glad to see this site still alive and going forward now.
ip icon Logged

enjoywonslofs

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: enjoywonslofs
message icon
hi
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 11:56:55 AM »

i have a problem sending pm is it my post count?
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 07:24:47 PM »

This is just a filler as the news and announcements do not seem to be showing ... hopefully this post will correct it
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 05:47:46 PM »

Okey dokey, I've missed something here but then again I'm notorious for not keeping up.  Not quite sure what's been going on or why but I visit Fury Comics and enjoy the site so I think I'm quite happy.  I can't help much, apart from encouraging you to get stuck in and enjoy the experience. 
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.