in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Confused by the counter

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Confused by the counter  (Read 1922 times)

tbax

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: tbax
message icon
Confused by the counter
« on: April 12, 2008, 12:58:11 AM »

Can someone help me figure this out? I log in to the download site and it says I have 1GB of bandwidth and over 900 files remaining. I download 4 or 5 files (at most) with the largest being around 50MB and the site says I have around 7 or 8 MB left. It also says I have downloaded 310 files total. I have actually downloaded by actual count 37 files. Even counting the three times the download failed, there is no way I downloaded 310 files since I registered. So, what am I missing? Where is my math off? By what factor is my actual activity multiplied to get the totals in my UserCP? Any help would be appreciated.

This is a great site, but I'm perplexed.
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
Re: Confused by the counter
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 04:04:53 AM »

l have no idea how the count works, but since your usage is based on how many MB you download l do not really see it as important. Probably it is based on some average size for a download, which might not actually have anything to do with how many actual comics you downloaded, or what the average size of a comic on the site actually is. Only Serj would have an idea and he is usually busy.

From looking at your stats, which show 310 downloads l would say you are using some sort of download manager. The site will count it as a full download everytime your program connects, using a download manager which downloads multiple pieces of the file at the same time is not recommended. You download one file at a time, via the usual method, or you make sure your program is not making multiple connections for the same download.
ip icon Logged

tbax

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: tbax
message icon
Re: Confused by the counter
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 04:39:48 AM »

Thanks for the reply. That make sense about the download manager. I'll try the regular way to download next time I'm on the site.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.