in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Thanks to the Scanners

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Thanks to the Scanners  (Read 2670 times)

rez

• Past Member
message icon
Thanks to the Scanners
« on: April 26, 2008, 04:06:34 PM »

Greetings.
Just a question from a newbie.

I see words similiar to 'Thanks to the Scanners' when someone is announcing the placement of their new downloads to the site.

Who are the scanners being referenced? Are there folks dedicated to scanning and then funnelling the scans to someone who is then placing it on the site for them?

be a deer staring into the headlights.
Cheers
ip icon Logged

cimmerian32

• VIP
message icon
Re: Thanks to the Scanners
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 02:51:10 AM »

Some scanners release their books here, others don't...  some scans are new, others are old, but just recently rediscovered...  The scanner's name is not always known, or remembered, but the scan itself is always appreciated...  Therefore, it is nice, when releasing a scan where the scanner is unknown (or wishes to remain anonymous), to just thank the scanners in general...

Hope that clears it up for ya ;D

Cimm
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2008, 04:05:07 AM »

I see.
I just scanned my first book.
Makes me all the more appreciative of the good folk that expend their efforts in providing the scans.

Yep, Thanks to the scanners.
ip icon Logged

octal

message icon
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2008, 08:38:03 AM »

Yes!!! Thanks to all the scanners!

octal
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.