in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

KID MONTANA

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: KID MONTANA  (Read 5709 times)

WileyJ

message icon
KID MONTANA
« on: June 12, 2012, 06:08:00 PM »

at least the morisi drawn issues.......wander by aparo........charlton premier featuring spookman.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: KID MONTANA
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 11:14:43 AM »

Kid M will be coming but we already have Charlton P
https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=11503
ip icon Logged

WileyJ

message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 08:00:57 PM »

cool
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 12:52:29 PM »

A couple issues are now available in SA Charlton
ip icon Logged

WileyJ

message icon
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 04:35:06 PM »

great!!!! ive always wanted morisis complete run ever since i discovered his work in those old gunfighter reprints
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 10:11:07 PM »

I have not noted it but there is quite a bit of Morisi's work in the various Charlton westerns that I have been putting up
ip icon Logged

WileyJ

message icon
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 06:37:48 AM »

great......someday soon i hope somebody will publish a johnny dynamite collection
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 12:11:25 AM »

If you like Morisi you should check out Superior Stories #4 which Narf just uploaded.  It's cover to cover Morisi.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 11:47:37 PM »

It may not be Kid Montana but Masked Raider has a couple PAM stories
ip icon Logged

WileyJ

message icon
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2012, 04:28:08 AM »

i wonder why marvel dc never used morisi or boyette....i would have like to seen morisi on ironman boyette on son of satan or ghost rider..... i always  thought russ manning would have been perfect on spidey...heck i i do this all day...swan on fantastic 4,newton on daredevil,aparo on daredevil,sal buscema on batman,garcia lopez on the avengers........... :-X
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 11:52:31 AM »

When Dick Giordano came over to DC in the late 1960s as an editor he did give work to Pat Boyette.  Boyette drew the last few issues of Blackhawk before that title was cancelled as well as various stories for the mystery mags.
Morisi was working full-time as a policeman at this time and trying to keep a low profile with his comic work (which he why he used the PAM moniker during this period) as the city frowned on its officers moonlighting.
I suspect he worked primarily for the more low profile Charlton for much the same reason. Still I remember of, at least, one mystery story Pete did for DC in the early 1970s.  I also figure he could have gotten some work from Marvel if he had pursued it as Stan Lee had given Morisi a good number of assignments in the 1950s (in his pre-law enforcement days).

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 03:50:35 PM »

Morisi and Boyette had unique looks that I do not think fit superheroes well. I guess if I was at DC or Marvel I would have kept Morisi on westerns and Boyette on horror/mystery. Now Russ Manning is a favorite of mine. I think he would have done a great Spidey. I do not think he would be suited for team books but I think Manning would have done a great Batman. It would have also been interesting to see what he could have done on something different like the Hulk or Hawkman. Makes me wish he was around to see what those would have looked like.
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2012, 12:24:53 AM »

I thought Morisi did fine with the superhero series Thunderbolt at Charlton but tend to agree that he may not have been suited for a number of other super-hero titles.

Agree that Boyette's style worked best with mystery/horror.  He did some fine work in that genre for Charlton and Warren.

I think Manning would have been great on any super-hero comic that had sci-fi trappings such as Green Lantern, Captain Marvel (Marvel's version) and the Legion of Super-Heroes (a team book that I think he could have handled well).

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2012, 12:28:43 AM »

Thunderbot was not typical. Manning on LSH one can only imagine. He was one of my all time favorites.
ip icon Logged

WileyJ

message icon
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2012, 03:09:15 AM »

i could see morisi working well on nick fury and ironman, reason i say ironman there was a story he drew for one of charltons horror titles that had a armorized alien or sumthin in it and i remember thinking how cool his iron man might have looked.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 03:13:30 AM »

I would be interested in seeing it if you can point in that direction.
ip icon Logged

WileyJ

message icon
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 04:43:48 AM »

oh man i dont have a clue i used to own around 5o charlton horror comics and it was in one of them probably dr graves or haunted libary from mid 70's ill check gcdb and see if any of the story titles rings a bell
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.