in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Plastic News.

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Plastic News.  (Read 7961 times)

phabox

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Plastic News.
« on: May 24, 2008, 09:10:44 AM »

Good to see that the Police Comics collection continues to grow with recent additions from Darkmark and your truely (034, 035, 058, and 069).

Not sure if we had them before the 'crash' but Police issues # 041 and 086 are both accounted for so with any luck might show up here soon.

A Paper copy of # 035 is on Ebay at the moment and I have my eye on it but sadly I think it might escape me due to its price.

So whats still needed ? well in an ideal world paper replacements for all the fisch copies would be nice as would the missing pages of issue # 045 but the bottom line is that we now only need another FIVE issues to fill all the 'Pre-Crime' series gaps ( i'm letting Jon the Scanner look after the later numbers):

032, 060, 085, 098, and 102 which was the last 'Plastic Man' issue so if anyone out there thinks that they have any of these issues then BRING THEM ON !!!!

In related news Plastic Man issues # 039 and #050 have both now been released fom the 'Phabox Vault' and should be making there way over here before long so STAY TUNED.

-Nigel
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

message icon
Re: Plastic News.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2008, 08:23:08 PM »

Unless there's been an update I'm not aware of the version of Police 87 we have is the Canadian edition which is missing 16 pages (I think 16)

As for the crime issues (103-127), 108 111 122 have been posted.  I have paper versions of 104 106 112-5 117-9 121 123-4 126 which I will scan someday before I die.  Trying to do Supersnipe now.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 01:47:32 AM »

Phabox's scans of Plastic Man issues # 039 and #050 are now both on the site.
Thanks to Loftypilot for uploading them as well!
;D
ip icon Logged

phabox

message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 10:14:35 AM »

So whats still needed ? the bottom line is that we now only need another FIVE issues to fill all the 'Pre-Crime' series gaps

032, 060, 085, 098, and 102 which was the last 'Plastic Man' issue so if anyone out there thinks that they have any of these issues then BRING THEM ON !!!!

LOOKIN' GOOD, only THREE gaps left to plug now, The 'Plastic Man' Police Issue's which we STILL need to find in ANY shape or form are :

Be GREAT if we could finish this series before 2009 rolls around  ;D !!

-Nigel
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 02:19:02 PM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 11:49:22 PM »

Very glad I was able to help with the 85; Police is one of the titles I've downloaded everything available on.  I'm just amazed that my 'vast' collection of 2 issues had one of the 5 or so left to scan!
ip icon Logged

phabox

message icon
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 11:53:07 PM »

A BIG 'Thank You' from all of us for taking us a step closer to getting the full set. ;D

-Nigel
ip icon Logged

phabox

message icon
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2008, 06:09:42 AM »

Good to see that Snard's scans of Police Comics_041 have now joined Eric's Police_085 scans on the site so can issue # 032 be far behind 'cos its out there somewhere ?

GOOD NEWS, i've just WON Police Comics_035 so all being well PAPER SCANS of this book will be available in due course.

the downside is while looking through Ebay I came across Police Comics_098 which is on our MISSING list and had # 35 fallen through I planned on having at go on that instead.

Sadly at this point funds do not permit me getting them both so I guess I wil have to settle for # 35 and just hope that # 98 falls into the right hands, I.E. Someone with a scanner that their not afraid to use !!!

-Nigel
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2008, 03:12:07 PM »

That's great new Nigel.
Good on you!
:D
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2008, 05:01:03 PM »

Good to see that Snard's scans of Police Comics_041 have now joined Eric's Police_085 scans on the site so can issue # 032 be far behind 'cos its out there somewhere ?

-Nigel

The uploaded Police #32 is actually Police #23.  http://goldenagecomics.co.uk//index.php?dlid=5523

I spoke to Yoc about the #23 and he's on it.

B.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

phabox

message icon
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2008, 05:35:36 PM »

Sad to say that IS Police_023 rather than # 32 in the files  :(

However Scans of Police_032 ARE around  :) athough sadly its a rather small fiche  :'( but will have to do untill we can find something better.

-Nigel
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2008, 08:02:27 PM »

:-\
Sorry about the mix-up gang.  I'm adding the smallish Police32 as well as a corrected 25.
Nothing is new or different about 25 - just the file name will be corrected for those downloading it.  The current one is screwy.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

phabox

message icon
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 10:45:08 AM »

GOOD NEWS  ;D, my copy of Police Comics_035 bought of Ebay landed on my door mat this morning so PAPER scans of this book ARE coming.

Unfortunitly just now i'm very tied up as my other half has just been in hospital undergoing a serious operation, thankfully all went well and she should be back home this evening but will have a great many 'after care' needs so I won't have as much free time as i've been used to.

I want to give this book the best treatment when I DO get around to scanning it so will have to put it on the 'back burner' untill things have settled down a bit.

Rest assured it will take first place on my scanning pile and I will get to it just as soon as I can.

-Nigel
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2008, 12:02:57 PM »

Always take care of self and family first remember this is just a hobby for fun. Pray that all continues to to well.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 03:02:22 PM »

My best wishes to your 'better half' for a speedy healing and further stable health.

B.
ip icon Logged

phabox

message icon
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 03:53:59 PM »

Thanks guys, with any luck she's now over the worst of it but sadly in life you can never take anything for granted

Nice to know that you are all rooting for her.

-Nigel
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2008, 05:21:37 PM »

:-\
Take care Nigel. 
Fingers crossed everything goes well.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 12:20:10 AM »

So, are we still looking for 60, 98, and 102?  I may just talk myself into something if we are, but I don't want to promise anything yet.
ip icon Logged

phabox

message icon
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 07:48:26 AM »

Hi OtherEric, AFAIK those three 'Plastic' Police issues are STILL very much on the wanted list.

Short while back a copy of # 098 showed up on Ebay as a 'buy it now' but IMO it was 'silly money' well over 100 bucks.

I did make the guy a few offers but to no avail,  :( at the same time I was working on a deal for Police # 35 a much older AND bigger issue also going for around the same price.

I Managed to get # 35 but this left me 'spent out' so I gave up chasing # 98 but it could still be out there somewhere.

-Nigel
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 08:50:38 AM »

Another copy of 98 popped up on eBay for $100; I was seriously considering it since it was described as VG/FN by a seller with a good feedback record.  I wouldn't mind paying a bit over guide for something like that; and the FN price is $96.  But a closer look showed a pretty ugly store stamp on the cover (which the seller had noted); which to my mind would make it more of a VG-.  (A discreet stamp or mark, sure.  A 2x3 inch stamp with at least 5 lines of text dead center in the cover?  I don't care HOW nice the book is otherwise; that's just ugly.)

So I decided against it; but I'll keep my eyes open.  And thanks for getting back to me so quick.
ip icon Logged

phabox

message icon
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 09:55:23 PM »

Great to see that Yoc has just added the COMPLETE Police Comics_087 to the site, previously we only had the truncated Canadian Vesion.

I Note that this is the work of 'Quietriot', can't say I know this gentleman or any of his previous scanning work but take it from me that he is now 'my new best friend'  ;)

Even more so if he has any of the other still unaccounted for issues waiting their turn in his 'scanning pile'.

-Nigel
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.