in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 43,470 books
 New: 224 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Edison

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Edison  (Read 2931 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Edison
« on: June 02, 2008, 09:34:48 PM »

In Narfstar's ftp these are scans not pics C2C except blank pages
I guess it should go in the newspaper section since that was the original source
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Edison
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 04:25:27 PM »

narf- Is that Edison book one of your own?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 05:13:03 PM »

yes
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2008, 03:20:43 AM »

Thanks for the scan narfstar.
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 05:47:31 AM »

You seem to have quite an extensive collection taking in a wide variety of books.
How long have you been collecting?

yes
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 11:58:53 AM »

I have been collecting since around 1964.  I have "discarded" in one form or another my collections several times over the years from going in the Army, getting out of the Army, moving etc.  Have had a stable collection for awhile now rebuilt through ebay.
Most of my gold has been acquired since ebay.  I am an ecclectic collector.  I have a lot because I am not picky.  I pick up low grade  stuff that no one else has ever heard of so i do not pay much for anything.
These are the kind of deals i get
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180241091604&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=008
I plan on taking picks of them to upload as time allows.
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 06:08:54 PM »

This I understand. Never could get into highgrade sealed in plastic so you can't read them investment grade books and pay premium for the privilege.
I worked at a large used book store that handled comics also for a while and would take part of my pay out in trade so got a number from that time as well as those that have survived over the years from youth.

Everyone has the horror story of the time the relinguished part or all of their collections sometime in their history and regretted ever doing it. Part of what makes comic collecting fun but online auction houses like ebay sure have changed the face of collecting.

I have been collecting since around 1964.  I have "discarded" in one form or another my collections several times over the years from going in the Army, getting out of the Army, moving etc.  Have had a stable collection for awhile now rebuilt through ebay.
Most of my gold has been acquired since ebay.  I am an ecclectic collector.  I have a lot because I am not picky.  I pick up low grade  stuff that no one else has ever heard of so i do not pay much for anything.
These are the kind of deals i get
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180241091604&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=008
I plan on taking picks of them to upload as time allows.

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.