in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,816 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Sexton Blake Library scans with wrong extension

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Sexton Blake Library scans with wrong extension  (Read 1909 times)

CosmicJukebox

• VIP
message icon
Sexton Blake Library scans with wrong extension
« on: April 30, 2013, 11:22:57 AM »

Replying to a problem with Sexton Blake Library scans reported by 3thinker in his greetings thread, I found that several of the scans on the Sexton Blake Library page have .cbz extensions. Most of them are my scans & I never make cbz files. I downloaded the one 3thinker mentioned as an example (a Bogof39 scan) & found (by running a par2 check) that it is, in fact, exactly the same file as I have, but my copy is .cbr. I then downloaded one of my own scans & saw that had had the extension changed too. I checked another, but that was fine. The 2 minute rule has prevented me from checking them all, but every file in this section should be .cbr as far as I'm aware. The misnamed ones will work fine in some readers, but throw errors in others.

Dave (CJ)
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Sexton Blake Library scans with wrong extension
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 12:20:22 PM »

Hi Dave,

I have made any scan with your name in it .cbr ... I checked a few .cbz's and they were indeed cbrs

So that is done ... there were about 40 of them ... but it does mean if any were conversions of your original scans I have now mislabeled them (doubtful).

Best regards and thanks,

Mark
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.