in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 193 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Mighty Comic Annual GG Swan

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Mighty Comic Annual GG Swan  (Read 2340 times)

oldtimer

message icon
Mighty Comic Annual GG Swan
« on: July 25, 2013, 02:55:55 PM »

Would like to see more GG Swan material and in particular the Mighty Comic Annual 196 pages, have seen adverts in old albums but never seen a copy, has anyone?

Would also like to see copies of New Funnies, Topical Funnies, War Comics, Thrill Comics any other GG Swan comics.

Oldtimer
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Mighty Comic Annual GG Swan
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 05:11:18 PM »

That would be brilliant but these are so difficult to find.  I notice they don't turn up in Scanarama, either.
I've seen the ads also but just can't turn up the books.  Keep searching.
Just to add that I might actually have found a copy of Slick Fun Album 1956 but I don't want to build up your hopes as getting it in my sticky digits will involve a bit of diplomacy and, perhaps, a wee bribe.
ip icon Logged

oldtimer

message icon
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 06:52:18 PM »

I'll keep my fingers crossed for that one paw broon.

I keep searching the car boots wherever I go and have had soon success one of the Cute fun Albums I uploaded came from one. They can be a source of good old material and found a Tip Top annual 1952 on one. Will be scanning and uploading this soon.

I miss the old second hand comic stalls that you could find on most markets at one time, these were a great source for good old comics.

oldtimer

ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 04:55:05 PM »

Well, that took less time than I thought but the book was in really bad condition and it took a while to scan it as it kept falling to bits.  Lots of tape as well but I hope it doesn't spoil your enjoyment too much. 
None of the ones you mention, oldtimer but at least it's another Swan.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 07:04:40 PM »

If they are in bad shape I just take them completely apart and feed them through my document feeder.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 08:05:16 PM »

Document feeder?  who dat?  I position each page on the platten as best I can, close it, click scan and hope for the best.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2013, 02:40:41 AM »

I can put about 50 pages at a time in the document feeder on my scanner. It will pull through and scan one page at a time. I put it through in one direction then the other. That is how I do so many of my SA low grade Charltons.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.