in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

NARFSTAR's offerings

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 46

topic icon Author Topic: NARFSTAR's offerings  (Read 320882 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: NARFSTAR's offerings
« Reply #675 on: March 29, 2010, 09:39:20 AM »

There can only be one first and it was not me. I wish I had Known I would have scanned a different issue
ip icon Logged

eubiecat

message icon
« Reply #676 on: March 30, 2010, 01:51:00 AM »

Actually, your scans are better than mine. The scanner I used, at a friend's house, simply wasn't very good.

Do you have other issues of HENRY BREWSTER? I've only ever seen this second issue. It's a pretty cool teen comic--very out there in its techniques!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #677 on: March 30, 2010, 02:24:30 AM »

I am proud to say I have all seven issues
ip icon Logged

eubiecat

message icon
« Reply #678 on: March 30, 2010, 04:05:01 PM »

That's impressive! The only one I ever see is that darned issue #2... never any of the others!

You have yourself a major piece of cult comix there...
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #679 on: March 30, 2010, 08:12:13 PM »

Henry Brewster is now onsite. I have the rest if people want more
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
New Adv of Pinocchio 1
« Reply #680 on: March 31, 2010, 01:05:47 AM »

The first issue of Dell's New Adventures of Pinocchio no in the Silver Age
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
Re: New Adv of Pinocchio 1
« Reply #681 on: March 31, 2010, 01:20:23 AM »

The first issue of Dell's New Adventures of Pinocchio no in the Silver Age

Nice scan - and it's a lot of fun.

I believe this was the first comic based on a Rankin/Bass program.

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
FATMAN #1
« Reply #682 on: April 02, 2010, 04:08:40 AM »

I loved these books and still do. Fatman is in the Silver Age Sidestreet
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Fatman complete
« Reply #683 on: April 03, 2010, 01:51:01 AM »

Fatman 1-3 are all available
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #684 on: May 03, 2010, 03:10:53 AM »

I upped a couple on behalf of narfstar...Quality's G.I. Combat #'s 4 & 20.  #4 is already up, and I just resent #20 (must have blown it on the first go...couldn't find it anywhere  ???)

Narf has been kind to let me share in some editing...his books and his scans.  His copies were coverless, and I couldn't find any HQ scans on the web, so if any of you come across some and would like to share, I will upgrade the files.

- builderboy (for narfstar)
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #685 on: May 03, 2010, 03:25:41 AM »

I upped a couple on behalf of narfstar...Quality's G.I. Combat #'s 4 & 20.  #4 is already up, and I just resent #20 (must have blown it on the first go...couldn't find it anywhere  ???)

Narf has been kind to let me share in some editing...his books and his scans.  His copies were coverless, and I couldn't find any HQ scans on the web, so if any of you come across some and would like to share, I will upgrade the files.

- builderboy (for narfstar)

Thanks much!  ;D
ip icon Logged

Captain Audio

• VIP
message icon
Re: Choice 2 missing pages
« Reply #686 on: May 03, 2010, 04:40:10 AM »

Fixed issue coming but here are the two pages for those who just want to add them.

Gee Narfstar couldn't you have waited till after you scanned the page before working the crossword puzzle? ;)
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #687 on: May 03, 2010, 08:17:45 AM »

Your wish is my command, Captain Audio.

(|:{>
ip icon Logged

Geo (R.I.P.)

message icon
« Reply #688 on: May 04, 2010, 03:02:55 AM »

Here's the other page cleaned up a bit for you too:

Click it, then hit "zoom" for a full size version and then remove the "a" I added to the file name
or just use this link below (click on the picture for a "full" size version and remove the "a" from it):
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/8198/2choice053a.jpg.

Geo
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #689 on: May 04, 2010, 02:38:20 PM »

Gee, Geo,
you took out my little penciled ID of Alex Blum. I thought that added a rather personal touch...

sigh...

edit: Here, I put it back and did some edits myself, just to show that I'm not JUST a pretty collection...

(|:{>

« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 03:23:42 PM by JVJ »
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #690 on: May 06, 2010, 02:00:35 PM »

More from narfstar, who has found the joys of a document feeder on his scanner...I will never keep up with him now!

First up, and already on the site is Superior's US Fighting Air Force #23.  Hot on it's heels will be a second coverless, and hence unidentifiable issue number of the same run of Fighting Air Force.

That, and many others...soon to come!
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #691 on: May 06, 2010, 02:05:39 PM »

More from narfstar, who has found the joys of a document feeder on his scanner...I will never keep up with him now!

First up, and already on the site is Superior's US Fighting Air Force #23.  Hot on it's heels will be a second coverless, and hence unidentifiable issue number of the same run of Fighting Air Force.

That, and many others...soon to come!

Builderboy I can hardly keep up! Our scanners are so good to us that I need to sort through the mountain of goods recently uploaded and announce them. On to that!  ;D ;D ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #692 on: May 08, 2010, 09:54:32 PM »

Another narfstar offering...Merry-Go-Round #02 by Better Publications of Canada, cover-to-cover 52 pager, from April 1948.  Funny animals for your reading enjoyment!  It's be under misc. Canadian publishers, as that is my best guess for filing.

- builderboy
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #693 on: May 08, 2010, 11:36:28 PM »

Another narfstar offering...Merry-Go-Round #02 by Better Publications of Canada, cover-to-cover 52 pager, from April 1948.  Funny animals for your reading enjoyment!  It's be under misc. Canadian publishers, as that is my best guess for filing.

- builderboy

Thanks Builderboy! Thanks Narf!  ;D ;D ;D
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #694 on: May 08, 2010, 11:39:14 PM »

boox909, could you do me a favor?  In my haste to post, I failed to change the default in the 'author' field from my name to narfstar...could you edit that for me?

I don't want to grandstand the Big Guy...wouldn't do   :-[
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #695 on: May 08, 2010, 11:57:29 PM »

boox909, could you do me a favor?  In my haste to post, I failed to change the default in the 'author' field from my name to narfstar...could you edit that for me?

I don't want to grandstand the Big Guy...wouldn't do   :-[

The only way I know to successfully do this is to delete and reup the file...leave if for Narf to check out -- you did credit him properly and if he wants he'll make edits.

Don't worry about it, its all good.

B.  ;D
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

message icon
« Reply #696 on: May 09, 2010, 02:23:52 AM »

The only way I know to successfully do this is to delete and reup the file...leave if for Narf to check out -- you did credit him properly and if he wants he'll make edits.

B.  ;D

You can do this if you're logged on as a moderator.  Go to the page where you would download the file.  In the upper right click on "edit." when the editing page comes up, make the changes you want.  Click on "preview" and be sure to click on "confirm."

I've just made the requested change to narfstar.

Jon
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #697 on: May 09, 2010, 02:48:16 AM »

B.  ;D

You can do this if you're logged on as a moderator.  Go to the page where you would download the file.  In the upper right click on "edit." when the editing page comes up, make the changes you want.  Click on "preview" and be sure to click on "confirm."

I've just made the requested change to narfstar.

Jon

Ah...thanks for that info Jon.  ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #698 on: May 09, 2010, 04:14:50 PM »

There are a lot of little things you can do as mod boox. Even without being logged in on the admin CP you have that edit function for regular filels.
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #699 on: May 10, 2010, 02:20:00 AM »

one more from the weekend: narfstar's scan of Prize's Cool Cat 003 (v9 02)...some hipster way-cool Daddy-O reading.  BB edits.   8)
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 46

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.