in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

NARFSTAR's offerings

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 46

topic icon Author Topic: NARFSTAR's offerings  (Read 320800 times)

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: NARFSTAR's offerings
« Reply #700 on: May 10, 2010, 02:20:35 AM »

one more from the weekend: narfstar's scan of Prize's Cool Cat 003 (v9 02)...some hipster way-cool Daddy-O reading.  BB edits.   8)

I love these odd funny animal characters! Thanks you two!  ;D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Amazing Man
« Reply #701 on: May 19, 2010, 01:11:58 AM »

Coming soon! I almost have AM17 and 20 scanned so the fiche can be released soon in favor of paper scans
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #702 on: May 19, 2010, 01:46:07 PM »

Yikes! I went on an editing break as my daughter's graduation approaches...I have a lot of narf's scans awaiting editing, and it sounds like I need to jump back in with both feet!
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #703 on: May 19, 2010, 01:50:27 PM »

Yikes! I went on an editing break as my daughter's graduation approaches...I have a lot of narf's scans awaiting editing, and it sounds like I need to jump back in with both feet!

Congrats to your daughter!  ;D ;D ;D We can wait, enjoy this period in your child's life.

B.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #704 on: May 19, 2010, 09:59:38 PM »

family first
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #705 on: May 25, 2010, 04:11:01 PM »

Not in the order promised, but some of narfstar's scanning goodness coming later tonight: Amazing Man #9, a paper scan of 62 of 68 pages (AM #'s 17 & 20 still forthcoming!), to compliment the fiche copy already on site.  This is one sweet looking book with early work by Everett and Burgos.

Also coming from narf: Comic Page v3 #6.  Hold onto your hats!
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #706 on: May 26, 2010, 04:06:15 AM »

Not in the order promised, but some of narfstar's scanning goodness coming later tonight: Amazing Man #9, a paper scan of 62 of 68 pages (AM #'s 17 & 20 still forthcoming!), to compliment the fiche copy already on site.  This is one sweet looking book with early work by Everett and Burgos.

Thanks for bringing this live! This looks fantastic!!! Everyone -- go download it now!!!  ;D ;D ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

dhfh

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #707 on: May 26, 2010, 01:22:58 PM »

Thanks for bringing this live! This looks fantastic!!! Everyone -- go download it now!!!  ;D ;D ;D

B.

Yep, they DO look good...but I'm afraid I feel it important to point out this is actually not Amazing Man #9, but #6--of which we already had an uncleaned-up paper copy on site.

So yes, grab it because the images have been very nicely edited, but not because you want to replace a fiche copy.

Also, the cover thumbnail image on the dowload page should be changed to reflect it being a new copy of #6 instead of #9.

Cheers!

DHFH

ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #708 on: May 26, 2010, 01:32:59 PM »

Yep, they DO look good...but I'm afraid I feel it important to point out this is actually not Amazing Man #9, but #6--of which we already had an uncleaned-up paper copy on site.

So yes, grab it because the images have been very nicely edited, but not because you want to replace a fiche copy.

Also, the cover thumbnail image on the dowload page should be changed to reflect it being a new copy of #6 instead of #9.

Cheers!

DHFH

Dang.  :-\  Jon or Narf will fix it shortly I'm sure.  ;D But they do look good!!!

B.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #709 on: May 26, 2010, 02:08:44 PM »

Gotta let JVJ know about this
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #710 on: May 26, 2010, 05:14:39 PM »

Dang! What happened? Did I attach the wrong file? I knew that I was short some pages, so I had downloaded Darkmark's fiche version of #09 and done a page-by-page comparison to find the missing pages.

I am at work now, but will investigate later.

btw, thanks all for the gracious comments on the editing.  I am pleased that you are pleased, and happy to contribute.  I WILL staighten this out.

-bb
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #711 on: May 26, 2010, 05:27:50 PM »

I just DLed the Amazing Man #6 and #9 scans on site.  They are clearly different comics.  The fiche CF addition to the #9 scan clearly belongs in this comic as well based on the story.  I can't guaranteed that both scans are absolutely correct, but they clearly aren't wrong in the manner indicated.  Can you please recheck and if you think there is a problem be more specific.

Thanks,

Jon
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

dhfh

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #712 on: May 27, 2010, 12:34:39 AM »

I just DLed the Amazing Man #6 and #9 scans on site.  They are clearly different comics.  The fiche CF addition to the #9 scan clearly belongs in this comic as well based on the story.  I can't guaranteed that both scans are absolutely correct, but they clearly aren't wrong in the manner indicated.  Can you please recheck and if you think there is a problem be more specific.

Thanks,

Jon

Yep,

Everything's right.  Something went screwy when I went to look at them this morning.

Sorry about the false alarm!

DHFH

ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #713 on: May 27, 2010, 02:22:08 AM »

Whew!   ;)

Alrighty, then!  On to the next one:  up for your viewing pleasure, narfstar's scan of JVJ's Comic Pages v3 #6.  Narf was VERY excited about this one in his PM's to me before I got the scans, and I see why.

A beautiful book in great condition, narf did it great justice scanning it, and the editing was a pure pleasure. Hope you like it.  JVJ, thanks again for sharing. narf, thanks for letting me in on the delivery.

Soon more Amazing Man paper scans. The parade of Centaurs continues... ;D
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #714 on: May 27, 2010, 02:28:49 AM »

Whew!   ;)

Alrighty, then!  On to the next one:  up for your viewing pleasure, narfstar's scan of JVJ's Comic Pages v3 #6.  Narf was VERY excited about this one in his PM's to me before I got the scans, and I see why.

A beautiful book in great condition, narf did it great justice scanning it, and the editing was a pure pleasure. Hope you like it.  JVJ, thanks again for sharing. narf, thanks for letting me in on the delivery.

Soon more Amazing Man paper scans. The parade of Centaurs continues... ;D

I can't get the smile off of my face over this one!!! Centaurs are always welcomed!!!  ;D ;D ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #715 on: May 27, 2010, 03:12:33 AM »

And how much would all love to see an actual parade of Centaurs?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Draftie Better Little Book
« Reply #716 on: May 27, 2010, 06:23:24 PM »

An all picture version from Whitman the parent company of Dell. Enjoy gang it was a pain to scan
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Draftie Better Little Book
« Reply #717 on: May 27, 2010, 07:59:29 PM »

An all picture version from Whitman the parent company of Dell. Enjoy gang it was a pain to scan

Nice -- you did a lot of work on this one!  ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #718 on: May 28, 2010, 05:15:26 PM »

Where did this one land, narf?  I can't seem to find it on the site...is it FTP only?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #719 on: May 28, 2010, 09:21:34 PM »

It is in the small unsorted category
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Ringmaster's Guide
« Reply #720 on: May 29, 2010, 07:32:42 PM »

You never know what to expect from narf  ;D  Now available in Lev Gleason
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
4 fer
« Reply #721 on: May 30, 2010, 10:32:27 PM »

In the small press section we now have Jo-Joy and a Present for Santa and Clear the Track. Parents Magazine brought us Special Agent issue 8 missing the first two pages. Better/Pines now contains Supermouse 39. These are all my raw scans PLEASE feel free to edit and replace them. I use my time for scanning since I have the books. I pass them on if you do not like the raws please FIX EM. More editors needed if any newbies want upgrades to VIP.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Captain Marvel 2
« Reply #722 on: May 31, 2010, 04:53:52 AM »

No not Fawcett or even Marvel but MF Enterprises. One of my very favorites books when I was ten. I liked this guy better than Thor, Batman or Superman. I thought he was great and still think these books are a lot of fun or I would not have gone through all the trouble of scanning a square bound book. I never realized that for more than twice the price you did not get more than twice the book. To me they always seemed bigger than two regular 36 page comics. But they are only 52 pages. They really were a big rip-off. I still love and hope you enjoy my efforts to preserve these SA gems.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #723 on: May 31, 2010, 05:47:14 AM »

Thanks for this Narf! Awesome stuff to see!  ;D
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #724 on: May 31, 2010, 10:07:56 PM »

More narfstar action: Amazing Man #17

This one is from the legendary box of Centaurs loaned by JVJ to narfstar to scan. As it was coverless and missing the cf, the project has other sources: Heritage for the fc and bc, and Darkmark's fiche edition of the same book for the ifc, ibc, and centerfold pages.

Thanks to all for making the c2c edition possible.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 46

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.