in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

NARFSTAR's offerings

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46

topic icon Author Topic: NARFSTAR's offerings  (Read 320804 times)

doccomix

message icon
Re: NARFSTAR's offerings
« Reply #825 on: January 19, 2011, 12:00:47 PM »

That coverless Uncle Charlie's Fables is quite a mystery, Narfstar. I hadn't read your post, but tried to compare it to my five issues, and found out it was none of those. Overstreet and GCD only list five. I can only speculate that there was a sixth no one knew about till now. Quite a find!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #826 on: January 19, 2011, 03:08:04 PM »

Hey Doc. My book was identified. It is actually Adv in Wonderland #1 Which must have used left over material. No great find :)
ip icon Logged

doccomix

message icon
« Reply #827 on: January 19, 2011, 07:02:42 PM »

Well, I was referring to the coverless Uncle Charlie which was uploaded at the same time. Alice is fun too, though!
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #828 on: January 20, 2011, 02:02:33 AM »

Well, I was referring to the coverless Uncle Charlie which was uploaded at the same time. Alice is fun too, though!

No, doccomix, it is what narfstar said it is, Adventures in Wonderland #1. Contents of that issue are identical to the strips in Uncle Charlie and probably were initially intended for an Uncle Charlie #6 that was shelved when the title was canceled. I own all of the UCs and the AiWs, so there's no need to speculate. Narf knows whereof he speaks.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Captain Hobby
« Reply #829 on: January 20, 2011, 04:02:40 AM »

Check the Canadian section for Captain Hobby with Lofypilot edits from a narfstar book and scan
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Captain Hobby
« Reply #830 on: January 20, 2011, 05:35:37 AM »

Check the Canadian section for Captain Hobby with Lofypilot edits from a narfstar book and scan

Awesome! Thanks guys!  ;D ;D ;D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Tom Mix 44
« Reply #831 on: February 10, 2011, 12:43:51 AM »

Thanks to edits by Loftypilot another western is available. Tom Mix 44 in Fawcett
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #832 on: February 13, 2011, 03:57:39 AM »

Ajax-Farrell
The Rider #5

A nice gem from the generosity of Narfstar and the editing polish of Loftypilot!

Thanks guys!!!  ;D ;D ;D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Spunky the Jr Cowboy 4
« Reply #833 on: February 18, 2011, 11:12:50 AM »

A Standard Publications humor/western now available with narfstar scans and edits in the Better Section.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Tony Trent 4
« Reply #834 on: February 23, 2011, 04:03:08 AM »

Once again because loftypilot was willing to do the edits you get to download Tony Trent 4 with great Mart Bailey art. The spine did not lay well so lofty did a good job making it look good for all. I think Mart liked the Plurtotles story as I think he put more love in it.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Tony Trent 4
« Reply #835 on: February 23, 2011, 04:32:38 AM »

Once again because loftypilot was willing to do the edits you get to download Tony Trent 4 with great Mart Bailey art. The spine did not lay well so lofty did a good job making it look good for all. I think Mart liked the Plurtotles story as I think he put more love in it.

Nice!!! Thanks guys!  ;D ;D ;D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Master Comics 77
« Reply #836 on: February 27, 2011, 11:54:19 PM »

cover to cover thanks to Mannysquirt posting it elsewhere
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Master Comics 77
« Reply #837 on: February 27, 2011, 11:58:07 PM »

cover to cover thanks to Mannysquirt posting it elsewhere

Thanks Narf! My hope is to one day be able to paste all of the Nyoka's together for a mass reading.  ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Lil Genius 27 and Fightin Navy 108
« Reply #838 on: March 10, 2011, 01:49:30 AM »

Now available in the Silver Age side street narfstar all the way
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Teenage Hotrod Romance
« Reply #839 on: March 11, 2011, 12:16:37 PM »

No not one book but two SA Charltons now up. Teenage Hotrodders 8 and Teen-Age Confidential Confessions 9
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Battle Heroes 1 in Key
« Reply #840 on: March 18, 2011, 02:50:27 AM »

Stanley was the man behind the various Key comics. He also published many black and white reprints of horror stories. With the comic boon brought on by the Batman TV he tried his luck in the field with two giant size reprints of war stories in Battle Heroes. For those who may have downloaded and read some of them you may be able to identify where these stories came from Battle Heroes 1 is now available and 2 eventually.
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #841 on: March 18, 2011, 03:49:54 PM »

Narf,

Should Battle Heroes maybe more properly go in the Silver Age Sidestreet category since it is a 1960s title (even if made up of 1950s reprints)?

Curious

Joe
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #842 on: March 18, 2011, 04:42:05 PM »

I consider it in the category of IW/Super. No copyright and GA material
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Billy The Kid 48
« Reply #843 on: March 20, 2011, 03:41:42 AM »

In the Silver Age Side street narfstar scan and edit enjoy
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Lil Pan 007
« Reply #844 on: March 21, 2011, 04:09:48 PM »

Here is a comic I had never seen a copy of before. Hope you enjoy this with narfstar scans and edits.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Don Winslow 54
« Reply #845 on: March 23, 2011, 10:06:42 PM »

Now available in Fawcett with thanks to lofypilot for great edits as usual
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
PS Magazine
« Reply #846 on: April 11, 2011, 11:22:55 PM »

First two issues with Eisner art now available in Government Pamphlets. Monte Hale86 in Charlton for good measures.
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
Re: PS Magazine
« Reply #847 on: April 12, 2011, 02:38:21 PM »

First two issues with Eisner art now available in Government Pamphlets.

Great job Narf.  The first two issues!  IIRC, these were produced concurrently with the last year of the original run of The Spirit.  I consider Eisner's work on these P.S. Magazines to be his "lost years" as they have been seen by only a small segment of the public over the years. Very nice that we can host them here on the site.
If they keep rolling in we may have to create our first separate file in the Government Pamphlets category.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #848 on: April 12, 2011, 03:36:30 PM »

Lots more available I just have not gotten around to them yet so the category is needed
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #849 on: April 12, 2011, 04:29:04 PM »

File created and ready to load up. 

BTW, if you run across any issues of Army Motors you might snag them too as this is the precursor to PS Magazine which Eisner worked on during WWII while he was in the service.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.