in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

NARFSTAR's offerings

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 46

topic icon Author Topic: NARFSTAR's offerings  (Read 320806 times)

rez

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Night before Christmas
« Reply #400 on: December 25, 2008, 04:56:02 AM »

narf-
yer a Champ! ;D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 07:17:36 AM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: NARFSTAR's offerings
« Reply #401 on: December 25, 2008, 05:14:45 AM »

The file name is #2 but the comic is #3 check the cover and indicia. I accidently had #2 on the file after doing red cirlce #2. I will delete and redo it

Thank you sir! ;D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Lucky Day with Lucky Comics
« Reply #402 on: December 25, 2008, 05:52:33 PM »

Uploaded more presents for today. Lucky Comics 2-5 finishes the series and Spook Comics #1 as the last of my JVJ comics except 8 issues of Camera Comics in a few days. Lucky 2 and Spook look pretty good already. Lucky 3-5 tiffs are available in the need edited ftp.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 09:03:46 PM by narfstar »
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #403 on: December 26, 2008, 05:14:53 AM »

Nice work Narf!
:)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #404 on: December 29, 2008, 02:38:28 AM »

I uploaded Black CAt 29 that I picked up elsewhere for everyone's enjoyment.
BTW Yoc we are visiting my wife's family in Charleston, SC and went with her cousin to see the Stingray's play and win last night. My wif'es first hocky game and she really liked it. My dad took me to some Johnstown Jets(now Chiefs) games when I was a kid. I have been to some of my 15 year old nephew's games. He is the star player on his team and makes the traveling team. You may get to see him play some day if he makes the big time.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #405 on: December 29, 2008, 07:53:00 AM »

Thanks for the upload DM.  And it's nice to hear you and your wife enjoyed the local hockey games.  It's not a sport for everyone and I certainly don't claim the NHL couldn't be run better but as a life long player I've made some of my best friendships participating in it learning many life lessons - perhaps the most important being team-work and appreciating your own strengths and weaknesses without taking it personally.  I'd always rather play the game than watch it but that's just me.

Good luck to your nephew!  Take care,
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #406 on: December 29, 2008, 07:53:08 AM »

Attaway, Narfstar!  Now that's the last chronological issue of Black Cat, and we only have 2 to go!  (#2 and 26, that is.)  Need I say it's one of my favorite GA titles?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Gabby Hayes Western 42
« Reply #407 on: December 31, 2008, 04:01:36 AM »

From a coverless copy so missing ifc, ibc and bc now available.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #408 on: December 31, 2008, 11:04:10 PM »

Hi, narf,
just inquiring as to the progress you're making with scanning my books and when you might expect to be finished? Please don't think of this as pressure, just curious...

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #409 on: January 01, 2009, 04:41:09 AM »

I only have Camera Comics to go Jim and have two of those scanned and starting the third.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Camera Comics 1 c2c
« Reply #410 on: January 01, 2009, 07:55:49 AM »

From the JVJ collection and as a bonus Rod Cameron Western #18 unfortunatly missing the ifc,ibc,bc and first outwrap.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #411 on: January 01, 2009, 08:29:14 AM »

Thanks Narf.  I slightly renamed your Rod Cameron Western #18 listing to reflect the missing pages better.

Thanks to you and Jim for all the great scans!
:)
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #412 on: January 02, 2009, 04:51:27 AM »

Camera comics 2,3 and 4 now up. 5-8 are scanned and I am editing them. That completes my JVJ collection and I hope to get them in the mail tomorrow. BTW I have the tifs if anyone thinks that they need further editing. BTW Yoc the Rod Cameron was mine using my auto feed scanner. I will be starting back to school Monday so will be taking a scan break after 40 from JVJ plus several more of my own that I have done since Thanksgiving. I will be looking for some crappy books to cut off the spine and autofeed. I have already done an issue of Cowboy Love that was missing the centerfold. Hope to get it up plus the other Camera Comics tonight.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #413 on: January 02, 2009, 07:09:58 AM »

Thanks Narf.
I could use that autofeed feature.  I just found some 70s sci-fi fanzine type mags of my dad's that likely haven't been scanned that would be perfect for the feeder!

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #414 on: January 02, 2009, 07:45:11 AM »

Well if you do not mind the damage cut out the spine or individual pages and send them to me. I will scan them and send you the scans for editing. They will need to be straightened and cropped at least. The auto feed is a snap. With the crap I have scanned I sure wish I had thought of it a long time ago. BTW Yoc I have the remaining issues of Camera Comics uploading now. I am going to bed so if you want them onsite be my guest.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 07:47:06 AM by narfstar »
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #415 on: January 02, 2009, 07:48:02 AM »

Hey, thanks for the offer Narf but considering their magazinr size and the cost to mail them from Canada to the USA, it's not really worth it.  I'll just add them to my immense 'to do' pile.

But thanks anyways,  :)
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #416 on: January 02, 2009, 01:51:40 PM »

It would probably be cheaper to buy a scanner with auto feed. Which if you do not have a lazer printer it would be a good upgdrade. I have had my scanner for awhile now and am still on the half toner cartridge that came with it as opposed to a dozen inkjet cartrdidges. They pay for themselves.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #417 on: January 02, 2009, 09:43:20 PM »

I'm confused, Narf.
What does a toner cartridge have to do with a scanner, or is your scanner part of a multi-purpose device? I can figure out how toner or ink cartridges relate to printing and copying, but not to scanning.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #418 on: January 02, 2009, 09:46:04 PM »

I just found some 70s sci-fi fanzine type mags of my dad's that likely haven't been scanned that would be perfect for the feeder!

-Yoc

Now you're making me feel OLD, Yoc. I was creating fanzines in the 60s! Yikes! Happy New Year(s)...

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #419 on: January 02, 2009, 11:03:43 PM »

I'm confused, Narf.
What does a toner cartridge have to do with a scanner, or is your scanner part of a multi-purpose device? I can figure out how toner or ink cartridges relate to printing and copying, but not to scanning.

Yes it is an all in one.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #420 on: January 02, 2009, 11:46:17 PM »

Thanks to Bill K for offering Speed Comics 34 and making it available to any and all.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #421 on: January 03, 2009, 12:18:31 AM »

Thank you Bill K!  ;D You are helping to make many people happy with these.

B. ;D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Cowboy Love 10
« Reply #422 on: January 03, 2009, 11:07:09 PM »

A Fawcette Western Romance but unfortunately it is from a coverless missing the center fold.
ip icon Logged

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #423 on: January 04, 2009, 12:08:47 AM »

Thanks to Bill K for offering Speed Comics 34 and making it available to any and all.

Thanks Narf and Bill K. Always great to see more Speed Comics show up on the site.  ;D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Black Fury #5
« Reply #424 on: January 04, 2009, 02:56:08 PM »

The Wonder Horse is uploading now. You get this thanks to auto feed. I had decided to take a break from scanning after the JVJ books but auto feed has set me free. My scanner is working dilegently without my assistance on several SA Charlton's to be posted elsewhere. For here I have a book I may never have gotten to. A 100 page Charlton Giant #3 already scanned waiting for some cropping. For books that you do not really care about condition this is GREAT.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 46

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.