in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Question about VIP status

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Question about VIP status  (Read 3876 times)

dombo

message icon
Question about VIP status
« on: July 07, 2008, 05:43:01 PM »

I want to become a VIP member, when i donate 10 euro with Paypal will i become automatically a VIP member then ?
What are the advantages of a VIP member ?

Thanks in advance
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Question about VIP status
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 07:11:55 PM »

I want to become a VIP member, when i donate 10 euro with Paypal will i become automatically a VIP member then ?
What are the advantages of a VIP member ?

Thanks in advance

Advantages?
1- You have bragging rights about supporting one of the most vital sites for Golden Age fans,
2- No daily download limits (to date as far as I know).
3- You get access to the original books as they appeared, not "reconstructions" presented as original works (think certain overpriced "reprint" hardcovers on the market),
4- Potential friendships, connections, associations, etc.
5- For a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a fraction, you have access to comic books that otherwise would cost you a ton of cash in some cases.

B.  ;D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2008, 07:17:54 PM by boox909 »
ip icon Logged

dombo

message icon
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 08:35:01 PM »

Oke thank you for the answer, that is more then one reason to donate as soon as possible, only by donate i see USD is 10 euro enough to cover 10 USD ? I believe 10 USD is good for 1 month membership ?

regards

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 09:09:14 PM »

10 Euro is close to 20 USD

Welcome Dombo please enjoy the books here.  Many of the oddball comics come from me narfstar I like the old weird stuff  ::)
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 09:23:42 PM »

Oke thank you for the answer, that is more then one reason to donate as soon as possible, only by donate i see USD is 10 euro enough to cover 10 USD ? I believe 10 USD is good for 1 month membership ?

regards

As it works now (as I understand it to date) once you make a donation you have permanent VIP status.

As for the details of Euro to USD, Zog, Aussie, or Serj should be able to help you out soon.

B.  :)
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 12:44:59 PM »

Just a note--last I checked, it wasn't "automatic" in the computer sense.  It's automatic in the sense that, after you donate, whoever gets the notification (probably Serj) flips the switch.

There might be actual PayPal integration, but that's probably too fiddly to easily handle.

In other words, be patient if things don't happen immediately.
ip icon Logged

dombo

message icon
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 09:36:30 AM »

Thanks for the information. I donated 10 USD, now i am going to wait patiently as suggested.

With regards
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 04:46:28 PM »

If it auto all depends how you donate. If you follow instructions here:
http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,123.0.html

Once paypal has confirmed your donation your account will auto get VIP status.

If you donate via the front page you will need to be manually verified s best to send me a PM or email so I can chase it up.

I recommend all those who wish to donate use the link above and donate via your profile so you get it all set up asap and no waiting :)
ip icon Logged

dombo

message icon
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 06:18:27 PM »

Oke, thank you very much, i just saw in my profile that i am a vip now, never thought i would make it to a vip somewehere.
I've also send a message to the moderator because i have some missing numbers from issues that i would like to upload also, but i believe that i need a sort of ftp account for that because i have read that somewehere in a thread.

regards
« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 06:23:53 PM by dombo »
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 06:51:24 PM »

I've sent you a PM message with the info dombo.

Looking forward to seeing what scans you've found we are missing.
:D
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.