in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Still can't download

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Still can't download  (Read 3456 times)

jfm

• Past Member
message icon
Still can't download
« on: July 12, 2008, 04:59:46 PM »

I (re-?)registered, downloaded some files, and reached the bw limit. Said something about 0days 23hours, etc., so I waited 4 days and came back. Downloaded one 15mb file and got the error msg again. Read the FAQ, logged out, logged back in, went to User Panel, tried again. No luck.

I had tried this about a year ago but seem to remember having the same problem then, and that's why I gave up then.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just hopeless?

And, regardless of whether I can download any more or not, thanks for what you are doing.

Jere
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Still can't download
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 05:34:11 PM »

I (re-?)registered, downloaded some files, and reached the bw limit. Said something about 0days 23hours, etc., so I waited 4 days and came back. Downloaded one 15mb file and got the error msg again. Read the FAQ, logged out, logged back in, went to User Panel, tried again. No luck.

I had tried this about a year ago but seem to remember having the same problem then, and that's why I gave up then.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just hopeless?

And, regardless of whether I can download any more or not, thanks for what you are doing.

Jere

Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble  :(

At this point I think you should pm Serj as it sounds like a technical issue that only he can address.

B.
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 05:09:52 AM »

l see you had no trouble downloading on the 13th, your user limit will renew every day at midnight UK time. All you need do is get past the problem of the user CP not updating, it should not be necessary to log out and log back in all you need is to check your stats in your user CP and the site should recognise you and reset the limit. Since not everyone experiences the problem it is possibly something to do with either you browser or security settings, unfortunately l am not that good solving technical problems. Sorry.
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 01:04:18 PM »

Actually, isn't that how it's supposed to work?

You have a quota.  When your next download would exceed the quota, you have to wait for the following day.  The quota resets, and you can go back to downloading.  Does that describe your situation?
ip icon Logged

escorpion13

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: escorpion13
message icon
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 10:59:23 AM »

I`m a new member
and from the first time it said that I reached the limit
can you help me please?
thank you
Escorpion13
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 01:00:10 PM »

I`m a new member
and from the first time it said that I reached the limit
can you help me please?
thank you
Escorpion13

Check out the faqs in my siggy...if you still cannot download, come back and we'll try some life support.

B.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.