in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Thanks for the site

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Thanks for the site  (Read 1509 times)

brandibanks1959

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: brandibanks1959
message icon
Thanks for the site
« on: July 21, 2008, 07:09:29 PM »

Great site and all but I really hate the bandwidth limit. But still a great site.
ip icon Logged

phabox

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Thanks for the site
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 07:18:06 PM »

Well one way to beat the bandwidth limit is by becoming a V.I.P member.

There are a couple of ways of doing this, the hard way used by myself and others is to spend LOADSAMONEY buying Golden Age Comics then knock $$$$ of them by scanning them for the site.

Then theres the EASY way, just send the site a few bucks once a month, the choice is yours.

-Phabox
ip icon Logged

cimmerian32

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 07:58:48 PM »

Geez, Nigel...   don't make "Option A" sound so attractive...  we wouldn't want just ANYONE scanning rare books! :P  But seriously...  if done carefully, scanning books is not necessarily detrimental to grade or value (although scanning will help you find the brittle books in your collection with a quickness :'( )...  Out of my 200+ scans to date, I think I have probably only harmed a dozen or so books... 

Cimm
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 08:26:52 PM »

Great site and all but I really hate the bandwidth limit. But still a great site.

Donate as little as $10 to the site and you will not only become a VIP member (sans bandwidth limits) but you also make a statement about preserving an important era of comic book heritage.

B.  :)
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 05:08:10 AM »

Well ya, just supporting with some green sure would be the easy way.
I'm doing a JackArmstrong11 with a 3inch tear midway down the book going thru all the pages c2c. Whatta challenge.

But to help pave the way for the generations yet to come scanning is a labor of love.

Sometimes :-X

Another hearty salute to the scanners! Without which many books would fall unseen by the wayside.

Well one way to beat the bandwidth limit is by becoming a V.I.P member.

There are a couple of ways of doing this, the hard way used by myself and others is to spend LOADSAMONEY buying Golden Age Comics then knock $$$$ of them by scanning them for the site.

Then theres the EASY way, just send the site a few bucks once a month, the choice is yours.

-Phabox
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.