in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Genre browsing?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Genre browsing?  (Read 3283 times)

FlyingSquid

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: FlyingSquid
message icon
Genre browsing?
« on: August 27, 2008, 12:34:38 AM »

Sometimes I just want to find a good sci-fi title (or whatever). It would be nice if it were possible to browse the site by genre instead of publisher. :)
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
Re: Genre browsing?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 12:01:07 PM »

I don't know the software that Serj set up, but I'm guessing it's not designed for anything like that.

However, there's nothing stopping anybody from indexing the site externally.  It's a safe bet that, if someone got the ball rolling (maybe set up a wiki with raw links), the contributions would start slowly rolling in.  The advantage, there, is that people can organize it however they like (genre, title, artist, writer, or whatever).
ip icon Logged

FlyingSquid

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 04:03:35 PM »

Good call. Maybe when I have some free time, I'll look into it. The real problem will be adding new issues to the wiki since there also doesn't seem to be a way to browse by date added.
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 05:29:06 AM »

You will see the last 27 odd scans on this list. http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/stats2.php Unless one of us upload a lot of scans you will usually get all the new ones by checking the list each day.
ip icon Logged

FlyingSquid

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 05:31:37 AM »

Nice. I had no idea.
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 05:34:10 AM »

Something Serj set up for us.  ;D
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 08:42:59 PM »

Something Serj set up for us.  ;D

See i am nice sometimes lol

Genre would be cool but right now software isn't set up for this and we are limited by software because when purchased it it was ideal for job but it was encoded so I don't get to see most of the php code which few years later is a mistake as I would love to be able to edit the software myself to add more major updates.

There would be a possible solution to create a small section coded running off database entries but not connected to script php script. It would then require adding a custom field to downoad script so people could edit the genres etc. Script isnt that difficult to code once I get some free time. We will see :)
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.