in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,816 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How to save to cd or dvd.

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: How to save to cd or dvd.  (Read 4862 times)

hunterguy

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: hunterguy
message icon
How to save to cd or dvd.
« on: October 10, 2008, 03:53:03 AM »

I have been downloading the comic files to a folder on my desktop. 
I would like to have a disk copy.  What would you suggest.  Burn to a CD or DVD.  Mine are in RAR (I guess everyones are) files.  I downloaded that free program CDDisplay that lets me see the comics.  I guess if I play the disk onto another computer I will need this cddisplay program on that computer?
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: How to save to cd or dvd.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2008, 04:47:15 AM »

Whatever format you use most I guess Hunter.  If you want to look at them on another PC you'll want to burn them on whatever format drive (cd or DVD) that PC uses.

And yes, you'll need CDisplay loaded on whichever machine you decide to read them on.

Please be sure to read the FAQ link below this message in my signature, thanks,
-Yoc
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 03:27:16 PM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 02:40:36 PM »

Once again, I'll remind that you don't need to use CDisplay or anything like that.  Change the name of the file to from *.cbr to *.rar or *.cbz to *.zip and unrar or unzip the file to create the individual jpgs.  Then you can view them with any image program.  Of course if you prefer to use CDisplay, then of course you need it on the computer you use.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2008, 03:26:59 PM »

Jon is correct.  Any image viewing app like Irfanview will also let you read the scans.
But I get a impression HunterGuy here is a newbie to such things and CDisplay is likely the easiest solution for him atm. 

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2008, 05:59:40 PM »

Plus, since you can skip to a specific page, change the brightness, and fit the page to the screen width (convenient now that people are scanning at very different resolutions) with a single keystroke, CDisplay is a really nice solution, even for those of us who do have a million different ways to pick the files apart.

As for the storage media, DVDs hold more data and I'm guessing that, unless your computer is more than a few years old, it can read them as well as CDs.  But if you only have a pile of blank CDs handy from those crazy pre-iPod days, there's certainly no problem in using them instead.
ip icon Logged

hunterguy

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2008, 08:00:52 PM »

yes I am a noob here.  Great site you guys have going.  So I will save them to a CD.  I just hope years from now there will be a way for me to open them!
ip icon Logged

hunterguy

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2008, 09:06:29 PM »

Oh by the way.... about how many books will fit on a CD?  And a DVD?
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 04:53:38 AM »

Hunter, if you can open them NOW with CDisplay there likely shouldn't be any reason you can't open them in the future.  But don't burn them to no-name cheapie disks.  Use a name brand blank like Verbatim.
And a cd holds approx 700-800mb.  A DVD holds about 4400mb.  So a DVD will hold a LOT more scans.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2008, 12:23:04 PM »

Oh by the way.... about how many books will fit on a CD?  And a DVD?

You cannot say as it depends on the size of the scans, just keep dragging them into your burning program till the disc is almost full.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2008, 12:30:00 PM »

Just a note to let all know Staples has a 500Gig hd on sell for like $80
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.