in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,819 books
 New: 188 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

(1st Dec 06) Uploads Disabled on Script

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: (1st Dec 06) Uploads Disabled on Script  (Read 6228 times)

Serj

• VIP
message icon
(1st Dec 06) Uploads Disabled on Script
« on: December 01, 2006, 03:20:55 AM »

Uploading files via the Golden Age Comics website has currently been disabled for normal users so if you wish to upload via the site please contact me or aussie and ask for FTP details.

I have taken steps to disable upload via the script due to an increased bandwidth usage. We used a rather large ammount of bandwidth in November and to try and keep the bandwidth usage down we have disabled this feature. The possible cause might have been that the upload process via the site only tells you of a bad upload once it has fully uploaded. So you might try to upload a 100MB file and relise after uploading 100MB its been rejected, now if 10 people do this 1GB of bandwidth has been wasted where we could have used this for people downloading.

So please ask for an FTP account for uploading as its a better way to upload.

We can't afford currently to go over our bandwidth so please don't moan about this disabling process or asking for us to open up the site anymore as we are unable to currently with bandwidth usage and the server package we can afford.
ip icon Logged

cimmerian32

• VIP
message icon
Re: (1st Dec 06) Uploads Disabled on Script
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 04:34:44 AM »

No problem, man, and sorry for my contribution to this :(  I will post to the FTP from now on...

Cimm
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 06:29:57 AM »

Nah np.

The problem might be that we have just tooo many files and tooo many users downloading them meaning we might have to save up and expand if get the chance etc.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 06:36:14 AM »

The resume feature on FTPs should save the site and uploaders a lot of bother as well.
It's a win-win for everyone even with the learning curve involved.

Good luck with this Serj,
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

7francis

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 11:41:18 AM »

Please explain how I get a FTP account.

Thank you,
7francis
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

Aratak

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 12:48:34 PM »

Yeah,
I'm afraid that I'm gonna need details on FTP as well, since I intend to keep contributing. If anyone knows of a good freeware program to use for this, please let me know.
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 12:50:40 PM »

Yeah,
I'm afraid that I'm gonna need details on FTP as well, since I intend to keep contributing. If anyone knows of a good freeware program to use for this, please let me know.

VIP users should still be able to upload via the script but as many VIP uploads have been using the script for a while they know mostly how it works and when it refuses files.

If you require an FTP account then let me or Aussie know via PM and we can give you one.

If you have never used FTP before then ill try to find a good tutorial on how to upload via FTP.
ip icon Logged

Aratak

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 01:10:00 PM »

AAaaaahhhhh. Thank you, O venerable leader. I shall continue my work, then.

;) Aside to Self: Hmmmm. Can't remember how old Serj is? Is he venerable, indeed? Hm? Wot, Ho!
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 02:38:02 PM »

Perhaps Serj is a bit young to be considered venerable, but certainly wise beyond his years

PS
l can give ftp details but not very good instructions on usage, it is always a miracle when l manage to get the ftp to work  ::)   l use filezilla which is available here http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006, 02:42:42 PM by aussie500 »
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 03:31:25 PM »

Last time I checked I was 21 years old, well thats what my mother has always told me, but did she lie I will never know.
ip icon Logged

Aratak

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 03:34:25 PM »

:) Why, you could be my long lost son, Serj!  We'll have to change "venerable" to "eerily precocious"!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.