in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Why I joined this site.

Pages: 1 [2]

topic icon Author Topic: Why I joined this site.  (Read 12775 times)

toonfan30

message icon
Re: Why I joined this site.
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2019, 12:05:24 PM »

My name is Andrew Lewis. But you can call me Drew for short. The reason I join is because I read and learn about the public domain comics of the 1930s-1960s. The type of comics I enjoy include funny\cartoon animals, Sci-Fi, and adventure. I'm a cartoonist and book illustrator myself. I hope to be a successful book illustrator and writer one day.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2019, 12:23:21 PM »

Welcome to CB+, Drew.  You'll find lots to read and enjoy.  It's a laudable aim to be an illustrator and writer, and I wish you every success.
ip icon Logged

Andrew999

message icon
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2019, 06:01:30 PM »

Hi Drew

Welcome!

From another Drew, as it happens!
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2019, 10:19:40 PM »

My name is Andrew Lewis. But you can call me Drew for short. The reason I join is because I read and learn about the public domain comics of the 1930s-1960s. The type of comics I enjoy include funny\cartoon animals, Sci-Fi, and adventure. I'm a cartoonist and book illustrator myself. I hope to be a successful book illustrator and writer one day.

Welcome Andrew.  As a fellow cartoonist of the "Funny Animal" and "cartoony Human comedy" variety, I'm curious to see some of your cartooning and book illustration work.  Do you have a personal website, or web storage site where your work can be seen?  You can post links to them on our "Shameless Self-Promotion" thread (section).  I'd also like to find out what comic books you like.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2019, 10:39:27 PM »

Yeah, G'day Andrew! I also like to greet those who are just discovering this site and make them welcome. You will find much here to keep you interested.
I also second Robb_K's request. It would be really good to see some of your work. I find I think I know more about a creative person If I can see how they express themselves visually. And we aren't critical here. 8)
Cheers!   
ip icon Logged

david hatch

message icon
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2020, 01:43:23 AM »

hi"  i finally joined after a long while to be a part of this community and make some new friends    i'm a 62 year old creative jack of all trades  [ cartooning / voice characters / singing / writing etc ]   i never got out in the world much with it...... til now    long story,,,,   modern tech is something i'm still learning   i've been collecting and enjoying comics of all genres for a long time and i really do enjoy this website thanks     david hatch
ip icon Logged

Andrew999

message icon
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2020, 06:40:19 AM »

Welcome, David - it's great to have you here!
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2020, 09:42:31 AM »

Welcome David, sounds like you will fit right in!

Cheers!
ip icon Logged

david hatch

message icon
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2020, 11:42:20 PM »

thank you for the kind replies
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2020, 10:45:25 AM »

Hello David.  Welcome to CB+.  Dig in.  Lots of comics and much more to discover and, hopefully, enjoy.  Keep posting.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 [2]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.