in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Anyone have a paper scan of ANIMAL COMICS #10?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Anyone have a paper scan of ANIMAL COMICS #10?  (Read 3186 times)

eubiecat

message icon
Anyone have a paper scan of ANIMAL COMICS #10?
« on: November 02, 2008, 06:26:02 PM »

If anyone has this issue of ANIMAL COMICS, I'd be everlastingly grateful if you could post it. I'm a scholar/researcher of John Stanley, and I've tried to find this particular issue for a few years--with no luck.

Visit my John Stanley blog at:
http://stanleystories.blogspot.com/

Thanks!
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Anyone have a paper scan of ANIMAL COMICS #10?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 12:44:07 AM »

We don't have a paper scan YET.  But I just put a money order in the mail to get myself a copy, so if all goes well there should be a copy posted by the end of the month if not sooner.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 03:30:47 AM »

;D ;D ;D
Now that's more great news!!
:D
ip icon Logged

eubiecat

message icon
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2008, 03:34:53 PM »

Thanks so much! I can't tell you how long I've searched for this darned comic! I am grateful for your sharing this with others.
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2008, 07:16:08 PM »

Which issues of Animal have Stanley artwork, and on which features, anyway?  The only stories I've seen credited to him are the Jigger stories in 24-30.  (We still need a scan of 29 here, for that matter.)
ip icon Logged

eubiecat

message icon
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2008, 01:10:50 AM »

Stanley wrote some of the Famous Studios-licensed features from issues 9 to 13 (assuming his work is in issue 10). Stanley wrote and laid out these stories. Rube Grossman, a Fleischer/Famous animator, drew some of the stories.

Stanley returned, late in ANIMAL COMICS' run, to write and draw the "Jigger and Mooch" feature. It ran in (IIRC) issues 24-30.

That's all for Stanley's work in ANIMAL COMICS!
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 01:59:55 AM »

And it's finally here; it took so long for my copy Jon had his scanned and was editing before I could get to mine.  Enjoy, either way!
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 03:07:15 AM »

Thanks Eric!
Say, did anyone else besides me find this Albert story to feel un-Kelly like? 
Something about it felt 'off'.  Still a fun story but I've got a feeling he either had help or someone else did the artwork.

Anyone?
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 03:31:14 AM »

Not really, I recognize some of the gags he recycled for the newspaper.  And Albert is looking closer and closer to his ultimate version.  But the early stories are all a bit odd.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 03:55:42 AM »

Yes, I'm familiar with the early style too thanks to you guys, but this one just feels wrong.
I guess it's just me.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.