in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Still some bugs in the system.

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Still some bugs in the system.  (Read 2241 times)

shadejford

message icon
Still some bugs in the system.
« on: November 03, 2008, 05:48:11 AM »

This site has made some great improvements, especially in the "Golden Age Comics Downloads" section. But, there are still a few bugs in the system--I had to log in twice tonight to the aforementioned download section before my password was accepted.
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
Re: Still some bugs in the system.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 07:41:15 AM »

Its a free site run by people in spare time so this is what you get :)

We are running a site with over 140GB of comics for download for free which is a lot more than any other free websites out there.

We are sorry about the bugs but in our spare time we do work hard to fix these bugs but new ones do crop up. If I worked on the site full time then they would be fixed sooner. I do test the site out but these new bugs do not crop up until the upgrades go live and we get reports from the users. With latest upgrade it was a few days after going live.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 05:19:19 PM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
Re: Still some bugs in the system.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 01:24:56 PM »

And heck, I have to work with some paid commercial sites (I'm looking at you, Microsoft!) that have bigger hiccups than this.

Speaking of which, I've always wanted to ask what the underlying software is.  I don't recognize it (other than Simple Machines for the forum, obviously).  Any chance you'd be willing to fill us in?
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.