in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

hey

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: hey  (Read 3645 times)

rez

• Past Member
message icon
hey
« on: November 05, 2008, 05:39:50 AM »

'Hey rez!
'ya.
'What are you doing?
'Working on corrections to a 3D MightyMouse appearance.
   There's some rips and chunks and stuff out of it.

"Oh.    Ahh, how come yer doing that?
'Well, the mountains there.
'Hmm, it's not PD ya know?
'Ya, found that out but I already bought it so now I've got to finish it.

'I see. You figure anyone will ever view it?
'I don't know how to make 3D glasses for the internet. If they do they'll have to get their own someplace.

'Seems like a lotta work for an isolated title like that.

'Tell me.
       But it's one of those books that might not ever get scanned, ya know? I mean you ever seen one before?
'Well, no, never have. Never looked for one either. But if it makes you feel like you're accomplishing something worthwhile then go ahead, don't let me stand in your way.

'Gee, thanks.
Ya know they made three other issues of that mag.
'Do tell.

'Ok, ok don't rub it in. Won't be doing this again. More important books in the scan pile than to be messing with this.

'Well, I ain't sayin' nothing.'

'Good. Keep it that way.'

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: hey
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 06:11:30 AM »

Good laugh  ;D after a bad election  :-[ (hopefully not but liberals scare me) There was a huge find of Harvey original 3D glasses. They show up for a buck or two or less on ebay.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 06:50:05 AM »

:D
That was funny Rez.
And I bet if people did a Google for 'how to make 3D glasses' or something they could make own.

ip icon Logged

OtherEric

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 07:20:27 AM »

I'm prepared to bet most people on this site have a pair or six already from somewhere or other.

At least two DC books in the past year have included them, if nothing else.
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

message icon
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 08:22:21 PM »

There's got to be a way to write a macro to convert 3-D red & green books to B&W in Photoshop.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 08:01:17 PM »

I've got more 3D glasses than I know what to do with, rez, so if you want a pair, just whistle.
You do know how to whistle, don't you?

ps. Liberals are not necessarily scary people, narfstar.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2008, 08:34:58 PM »

Only when they are in power, I have liberal friends and they are cool. I do not like the appointment of liberal judges who will legislate from the bench. Not that conservatives are always any better. A conservative district court in TN has ruled that "this is what the law should mean." Just proves how power corrupts. The little guy remains the stepping stone.

ps. Liberals are not necessarily scary people, narfstar.

ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 09:19:50 PM »

As this gets further off-topic, I guess I'm obligated to point out that the job of the courts is, in fact, to interpret the intent of laws.  They're even supposed to tell you that when you start jury duty, as well as that you should decide the worth of the law, but most regions have stopped.

I'll also point out that the tags "liberal" and "conservative" seem mighty outdated, these days and in this country, when the "left" and "right" both want to shove their noses into my personal life and then give my money to private companies.  When they only differ on how they want to scam me, I don't think it really counts...

As for the 3D glasses, yeah, they spring up in bulk every few months, now.  I've personally fought hard to not own any.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2008, 04:12:47 AM »

You never know, jc, when some 7 year old relative is going to "discover" 3D and THEN you'll be glad you kept at least ONE pair just so you get to see the look on their face.

Yeah, we got scary labels for everyone these days. Doesn't do much to promote

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.