in house dollar bill thumbnail
Comic Book Plus In-House Image
 Total: 43,470 books
 New: 224 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Can't Download - Resetting Download Limits

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

topic icon Author Topic: Can't Download - Resetting Download Limits  (Read 111613 times)

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Bandwidth troubles
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2010, 05:26:43 PM »

Remaining bandwidth:     3.3 MB remaining
Bandwidth time remaining:    25 Days, 0 Hours, 44 Minutes
Files remaining:    9 files remaining
Files time remaining:    25 Days, 0 Hours, 44 Minutes

Somehow I always thought that you had moved into VIP status long ago.

B. 
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:29:12 PM by boox909 »
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2010, 05:28:30 PM »

JVC produces a very high quality art book called ImageS and knows a lot about restoration

Is that something that is available online or on bookshelves, Narf?
ip icon Logged

markpoe

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: markpoe
message icon
« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2010, 05:35:37 PM »

Error: Your session ID does not match the session ID for this download link. If you are following this link from our site, please report it to the admin.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

????????
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2010, 06:05:01 PM »

When you're on the download page, hit F5 to refresh and quickly click on the download button again.
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2010, 10:42:03 PM »

So just how many posts lifts you up from Newbie status?
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2010, 10:43:57 PM »

Not sure. When I first joined, everyone had unlimited due to problems with the software so I never paid attention to it.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2010, 11:52:20 PM »

And me with only a little of 2000. I am so quiet and shy ;)
Builderboy and others here is the link to JVJ's high quality magazine

http://www.bpib.com/imagesmagfolder/imagesmag/index.html
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2010, 12:49:27 AM »

Don't worry you'll get there in no time. There are many active threads - or start your own and everyone here is very friendly.
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2010, 02:37:56 AM »

Thanks, Narf (only 1,990 posts to go!)  :o
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2010, 03:50:39 AM »

While I can not change your status builder I upped your limit because you have already a considerable contributer
ip icon Logged

greatscot

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: greatscot
message icon
« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2010, 04:10:39 AM »

On our new server newbies have had to be limited to 20 downloads a month. greatscot you should now have your 20 that you can get.

Thank you.
ip icon Logged

Poztron

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2010, 07:06:48 AM »

I really have no objection to donating $ (or perhaps that should be
ip icon Logged

Aqualad1

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aqualad1
message icon
« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2010, 09:02:42 AM »

Hello,
That's a curious avatar image your using is it from a EC comic?
??? 
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2010, 09:08:42 AM »

I've got insomnia tonight, so I'm catching up on posts :)
ip icon Logged

markpoe

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2010, 03:23:16 PM »

Day 3, but still can't download when I'm logged in.
???
ip icon Logged

markpoe

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2010, 03:34:56 PM »

Here's what I get now:

Error: Sorry but you are not allowed to download this file as it is larger than the amount of remaining bandwidth allocated to you for this period. Please check your user control panel for more information on the limits currently available to you.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

I have not downloaded in more than 2 days. None of the tricks on the FAQs or other posts have worked. No matter how many times I visit the CP or refresh or even from a different browser, I get the same results.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2010, 03:35:25 PM »

Have you ever gotten your allotment to download or has it never started? Newbies get 20 books a month.
ip icon Logged

colescomics

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: colescomics
message icon
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2010, 06:36:51 PM »

Hi there. My download limit is set to zero, even though I haven't downloaded anything in a while, certainly not since the server limits were made. Any chance I could get the most venerable and exalted Admin to set me to the 200 MB monthly, at least? I write a blog about the work of Jack Cole (www.colescomics.blogspot.com) and the comics on this site have really helped to further the analysis and understanding to the work of comics' geniuses. I have been searching (and praying) for a scan of Plastic Man #38, recently added, for years... and would really be very grateful to be able to download this! I am writing a book abotu the strange, dark last comic book stories of JACK COLE and this coudl be a key to that book. Do you offer any special download support to someone who is contributing to the study and appreciation of golden age comics? Would that be reasonable? It woudl help me a lot. Thanks.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2010, 07:19:11 PM »

Hi there. My download limit is set to zero, even though I haven't downloaded anything in a while, certainly not since the server limits were made. Any chance I could get the most venerable and exalted Admin to set me to the 200 MB monthly, at least? I write a blog about the work of Jack Cole (www.colescomics.blogspot.com) and the comics on this site have really helped to further the analysis and understanding to the work of comics' geniuses. I have been searching (and praying) for a scan of Plastic Man #38, recently added, for years... and would really be very grateful to be able to download this! I am writing a book abotu the strange, dark last comic book stories of JACK COLE and this coudl be a key to that book. Do you offer any special download support to someone who is contributing to the study and appreciation of golden age comics? Would that be reasonable? It woudl help me a lot. Thanks.

Now this is a constructive model for complaining about not being able to download that more than a few should adopt.

Sir, I trust that your wish will be granted soon so that you may continue to add to the academic viability of the genre.

Regards,
B.
ip icon Logged

colescomics

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #119 on: March 12, 2010, 01:58:54 AM »

Thank you, Boox909. My typos and awkward phrasing of my earlier request are a little embarassing, but I did write this whilst at work in the throes of a very busy day. I also meant to, but neglected, to offer my sincere thanks to all the scanners and uploaders, and to the people that created and maintain this site. I believe that, thanks to the digital conversion and generous sharing of golden age comic books we are entering into a golden era of study and deeper understanding of the rise of this art form.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #120 on: March 12, 2010, 01:59:12 AM »

Cole you have your monthly setup reset. Mark you show as still having bandwidth and downloads. I am not an admin so I can not see what the problem is
ip icon Logged

colescomics

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #121 on: March 12, 2010, 06:01:51 PM »

Thank you, Narfstar! I just downloaded Plastic Man 38... yay! And thanks, too, for all the great scans.

- Paul Tumey (ColesComics)
ip icon Logged

bakerman3

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bakerman3
message icon
« Reply #122 on: March 12, 2010, 09:50:56 PM »

It's 50, actually.  I hit that today and my CP now has all zeroes.   I assume it'll reset in 24 hours, like an account that's just been opened?

So skybandit, now that you've hit Junior status, has your bandwidth limit changed at all?  If so, what is is now?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #123 on: March 12, 2010, 11:17:31 PM »

Janus will not be here until this weekend to make any such adjustments. I do not think it is automatic and I have no idea what to adjust it to. I would be willing to give sky some more since he has added some interesting comments and posts
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #124 on: March 12, 2010, 11:37:38 PM »

Janus will not be here until this weekend to make any such adjustments. I do not think it is automatic and I have no idea what to adjust it to. I would be willing to give sky some more since he has added some interesting comments and posts

I'm all for Sky getting more...otherwise he might post more!  ;)  ;D ;D ;D
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.