in house dollar bill thumbnail
Comic Book Plus In-House Image
 Total: 43,174 books
 New: 243 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

BANDWIDTH

Pages: 1 [2]

topic icon Author Topic: BANDWIDTH  (Read 9344 times)

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: BANDWIDTH
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2010, 06:24:20 PM »

Okay, it looks fixed. I'm only going to be able to download 4-5 books a day so it's going take me time to replace all those books I lost. good thing you're all such a friendly bunch! I'm going to be here often.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2010, 08:31:49 PM »

Let me know if it doesn't renew again Astaldo.
You might save some time using this link as well for certain GA publishing companies.
http://www.comicbooksarchive.com/index.php

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 09:57:22 PM »

Oh thanks! I found this site when you guys where down but I lost the link. I feel like I'm betraying you by going there! This will always be my home, however!
ip icon Logged

Janus Wolf

message icon
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 01:10:02 AM »

its a nicely laid out site, however when I try to download I get "Concurrent download limit exceeded." anyone having better luck?

ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2010, 04:00:07 AM »

Same here. When I first started to download, I could only download 3 books. After a couple of hours, I was able to download quite a few before I got that message. I couldn't find anything on the site that explained it.
ip icon Logged

Janus Wolf

message icon
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 04:52:29 AM »

It is generally the problem with all large sites that focus on  primarily downloading (servers simply become overwhelmed for a number of reasons), however at GAC, we strive to have the best scripting and admin, to make it all happen.

I went back to the site, and its working well again, I think what happened is either yourself or there were to many people downloading rapidly at the same time. This is why we have a script here, which softly monitors downloads.

In the end, whether your restricted by daily limits or not, its all unlimited for the users here, you may just have to come a couple more times.

I encourage everyone to please go this site, it has a nice look, and great comics!
http://www.comicbooksarchive.com/index.php check it out!

« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 04:58:30 AM by Janus of Latium »
ip icon Logged

Ed Love

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2010, 07:37:12 PM »

After I used up my allotted bandwidth yesterday, I waited for the time to count down today, but the numbers did not reset upon reaching zero.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2010, 08:23:03 PM »

Hi Ed,
Considering all you've done for the hobby we've made you a VIP member.  You should be fine from now on.
:)

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2010, 10:07:40 PM »

Yeah, mine gets down to zero and stays there. My God, you guys are not helping me much on this FREE site! I've download some FREE books and I noticed that they are not all perfectly legible FREE comics! You need to cater more to me on this FREE site!
Sorry, couldn't resist. I just find it funny when on one of the download pages someone is griping about a fiche scan. Go to your local comic shop and see how many you get for $0.00. 'nuff said.
ip icon Logged

Janus Wolf

message icon
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2010, 11:23:32 PM »

That's ok, users can speak their mind here. We try our best to make it all work for all the fans.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2010, 12:07:30 AM »

And try to find one of those fiche books in paper form and see how much you would have to pay
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2010, 01:13:00 AM »

My usage is not resetting. My usercp shows;

Remaining bandwidth:     1.28 MB remaining
Bandwidth time remaining:    0 Days, 0 Hours, 0 Minutes
Files remaining:    13 files remaining
Files time remaining:    0 Days, 0 Hours, 0 Minutes

It's been like this all day.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2010, 01:42:05 AM »

Astaldo, Sky - have you tried the trick we cover in question 3 of the FAQ?

"Sorry, we've had this problem for a while.  For some reason the site sometimes doesn't renew your download limit from your previous visit.
If you should get the message try checking your User CP link to renew your limit. (The UserCp link is just to the right of your User name above the yellow Golden Age banner)
Now try to do your download again."

Let me know if that helps.  And please try a download even if your CP says it's as 0's.
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2010, 01:49:48 AM »

I tried downloading and got the error about exceeding my bandwidth. I've also checked my usercp several times and logged in and out but it doesn't reset. I'm sorry for being such a shlemiel, I'm just aching to download some more books!
ip icon Logged

Janus Wolf

message icon
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2010, 03:35:19 AM »

we are working on it asap to get these books to you. sorry for the inconvenience.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2010, 03:39:09 AM »

It's okay, I know you guys are doing your best. Your hard work is appreciated!
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 [2]

Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.