in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How did you find us?

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44

topic icon Author Topic: How did you find us?  (Read 256654 times)

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: How did you find us?
« Reply #1050 on: January 29, 2022, 05:38:44 PM »

Hi willb1414 and welcome to CB+ Glad you found your way here. What did you make of the Phantom Lady discussion?
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1051 on: January 29, 2022, 05:40:55 PM »

Peruse away ChildhoodHeart, I'm sure you'll find a lot to discover and enjoy.
Please join in the discussions.
ip icon Logged

Pritam_13

message icon
« Reply #1052 on: February 22, 2022, 08:47:02 PM »

Just wondering how everyone came to find Golden Age Comic download website or support forum?

Well I was searching for apps like Google books and comic world and all.

The I suddenly searched like best site and community to read comics, Believe me there was list and a bunch of names, suddenly I stepped in this site and found the heaven that I was actually searching for...

Thanks, Serj
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1053 on: February 23, 2022, 12:47:44 AM »

Pritam_13, welcome and enjoy!
Jump right in.
From my experience, if you use '13' in am Avatar, you are either extremely lucky or a habitual risk-taker.
Cheers!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1054 on: February 23, 2022, 11:01:05 AM »

Hello Pritam_13 and welcome to CB+.  Glad you found your way here. Lots to discover and read.
Please join in the conversations and if you have information on your local comics industry please tell us about it.
ip icon Logged

1Kirbyguy

message icon
« Reply #1055 on: March 13, 2022, 09:37:50 PM »

I was on this site years ago and for some reason forgot about it.  I just registered again so I could enjoy some oddball old comics and identify creator credits.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1056 on: March 14, 2022, 05:14:33 AM »

Hey, from my perspective, anybody with the 'Handle' Kirbyguy1 is welcome here anytime. jump in, join in and start 'identifying' !

Cheers!   
ip icon Logged

vbandjay

message icon
« Reply #1057 on: March 15, 2022, 07:00:12 PM »

Hello! A quick google search and a lust for The Golden Age brought me here! Thanks for processing my application so quickly, folks!!
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1058 on: March 15, 2022, 11:14:14 PM »

Welcome! 'Lust for the Golden Age!' well said.

Cheers!
ip icon Logged

Aarona1c

message icon
« Reply #1059 on: April 05, 2022, 06:44:35 PM »

I went down a rabbit hole. I've been a pretty big Popeye fan for a long time, like before I could talk. I also have been getting into independent games. Recently, there was a brand new Popeye game, officially licensed by King Features, released for the Nintendo Switch. And, in short, it's a terrible, awful, lazy, putrid game that nobody with any taste should go near. It's trash.

My unrealized goal, that I will probably never complete thanks to some powerful ADHD, is to create a better game more worthy of a classic comic of such age. But since official licensing costs, you know, money... I want to at least test the waters with a freebie, ie a comic in the public domain.

My ideal would be to latch onto something in sort of the same vein - a comic that existed for over a decade, had a large number of obscure characters, and create some sort of adventure wrapped around that idea.

I hope to complete something by the end of summer, as long as my attention holds out. But that's how I found this site.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1060 on: April 06, 2022, 12:40:54 AM »

Welcome.
My ideal would be to latch onto something in sort of the same vein - a comic that existed for over a decade, had a large number of obscure characters, and create some sort of adventure wrapped around that idea.

You likely wouldn't be looking at Superhero stuff. I put on the old thinking helmet.
Have a look at what's in our COMPILATIONS Section.
https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=1990
In particular
RangerHouse Archives

The Lost City archives.

Go right to the bottom -

The Loony World Of Alan Fraser

Jim Tyer Collection
John Stanley's The Hair-Raising Adventures of Peterkin Pottle

I'm sure other regulars will have other suggestions.
A word of warning tho. just because the comics are public domain, doesn't always mean the characters are out of copyright.

Lots of luck.
That King features would license a rubbish game doesn't altogether surprise me. Their history with their creators and properties is not particularly good. 
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #1061 on: April 06, 2022, 12:43:15 AM »

Funny you mention Popeye games...back in the arcade days I was a big fan of the Popeye arcade game. I wasn't good at arcade games and Popeye had the right mix of easy and challenging to keep me shovelling in the quarters. It was also the only game my girlfriend (now my wife) would play.

As for universes to turn into games, Fox had a huge stable of characters, realistic, funny, and in between. The comics were seldom any good--poor stories, indifferent art--but quite a few interesting concepts that could be moulded into a game.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

Tyler Blake Art

message icon
« Reply #1062 on: May 29, 2023, 04:01:45 PM »

Howdy!  I was looking for public domain horror comics that I  could adapt for  my webcomic, this is  the  best PD site I found.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1063 on: May 30, 2023, 06:50:13 AM »

Howdy!  I was looking for public domain horror comics that I  could adapt for  my webcomic, this is  the  best PD site I found.   

Yep, you are unlikely to find a better. Particularly for Horror.
And, oh, yeah, Welcome!
ip icon Logged

Tyler Blake Art

message icon
« Reply #1064 on: May 30, 2023, 09:28:40 PM »

Yep, you are unlikely to find a better. Particularly for Horror.
And, oh, yeah, Welcome!

Thanks!
ip icon Logged

83ocro83

message icon
« Reply #1065 on: September 01, 2023, 07:54:40 PM »

Hi everyone i was watching Crafty Stax vids on Youtube when he dropped this blessing of a site in my lap!! My people love older pulp publications as well as EC,Dell,Gold Key etc so to come across a site where we are clueless to 90% of the content is both humbling and very much appreciated right now!
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1066 on: September 02, 2023, 08:05:12 AM »

Welcome 83ocro83
You just lost hours of your formally free time.
Enjoy yourself and please jump in and contribute.
I'm Curious,
My people [?]

ip icon Logged

Raymond Towers

message icon
« Reply #1067 on: October 21, 2023, 11:45:32 PM »

I was a big comics fan in the 80s (mostly DC and Marvel) and had the nostalgia to delve into that era first, before I moved on to modern comics. Alas, I was very disappointed with today's 'culture' and instead of moving forward from my favorite era, I went back in time, a far back as the beginnings of Buck Rogers and Flash Gordon comic strips and radio shows. Originally, I was digging into Archive.org, moving on to Old Time Radio, and eventually I bumped into CB+.

I am so grateful that digital scans and the internet have helped me to discover this entire new world of Golden Age Comics that I hadn't known about before! One of your other threads is titled 'lots of comics but no time' and they weren't kidding!

P.S. - Currently reading the Rex Dexter Compilation, and I love it!
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1068 on: October 21, 2023, 11:53:26 PM »

Welcome Raymond Towers!
The path you describe is one many of us have taken.
You clearly like to learn.
I moved on to modern comics. Alas, I was very disappointed with today's 'culture'

You are not the only one who has come to that conclusion.
Jump in and enjoy! Click on FORUM HOME and surf the links. Lots of goodies and great threads there.
Again, Welcome aboard.   
ip icon Logged

FraBig

message icon
« Reply #1069 on: October 23, 2023, 02:39:17 PM »

Welcome on the site, Raymond!

It's true, there are a lot of awesome comics on this site, and the Golden Age was such a creative and inspiring period in comic book history: lots of great stories and great artists.

Currently reading the Rex Dexter Compilation, and I love it!

Glad you're enjoying the Rex Dexter compilation I made, he's a great sci-fi character and I think Dick Briefer's art is just wonderful. :D
ip icon Logged

Raymond Towers

message icon
« Reply #1070 on: October 27, 2023, 10:32:41 PM »

To Australian Panther and FraBig, thank you for the welcome. I just finished the Rex Dexter Collection and left a comment. I'm a big straight to the action guy, so I'd like to ask both of you, what is an under-appreciated title with a lot of heroic action I can take a look at next? Hero or heroine, any genre as long as the sparks are flying fast and furious.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1071 on: October 27, 2023, 11:28:30 PM »

Raymond Towers posted,
what is an under-appreciated title with a lot of heroic action I can take a look at next? Hero or heroine, any genre as long as the sparks are flying fast and furious? 

I suggest you look at the compilations section.
https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=1990

I don't know what Genre you favor but take a look at Frabigs Superhero archives.
Further down there are the Blackhawk archives, The Senorita Rio archives.
I strongly recommend the books in the misnamed, 'Super Detective Library' section, where you will find all manner of adventures.
https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=3364&limit=100

But really, Just dive in, take yourself by pleasant surprise, as you surely will. 

ip icon Logged

Raymond Towers

message icon
« Reply #1072 on: October 30, 2023, 04:50:39 PM »

Thank you, AS, for your suggestions. The Blackhawk and Rio series are huge and look a little slower paced. I will put them on a back shelf for now, but I will come back to them when I want to read a longer run. I am perusing through the Superhero and Super Detective sections. I would like to read a few more space-themed compilations (just finished Doc Strong), but definitely I want to explore all the different genres out there.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1073 on: October 31, 2023, 09:40:43 AM »

I would like to read a few more space-themed compilations   

Have a look at the current 'Reading Group' selections.
ip icon Logged

Raymond Towers

message icon
« Reply #1074 on: November 05, 2023, 10:42:45 PM »

Thanks again for the suggestions, AP. I just finished Doc Strong and I'm heading over to the Reading Group!
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.