in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How did you find us?

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]

topic icon Author Topic: How did you find us?  (Read 256261 times)

cauldronofevil

message icon
Re: How did you find us?
« Reply #1075 on: November 14, 2023, 07:33:04 PM »

Referred to by someone on Goodreads. Never heard of the site before now!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1076 on: November 15, 2023, 04:58:28 PM »

Welcome to CB+ cauldronofevil.  I take it you're a fan of horror comics?
Thanks to the mystery person who recommended us. 
Piles of stuff to discover and, hopefully, enjoy.  Get stuck in.
ip icon Logged

Horror Mike

message icon
« Reply #1077 on: November 16, 2023, 12:35:36 PM »

Hi there,
it was around 2018 when I was doing research for my doc "Haunted Thrills" which is now on my YT channel.  Comicbookplus is also in the end credits. On youtube @horrormike.
I love golden age including Baily Spectre and pre-code horror comics.  I am doing a small book on the subject now and am seeking hi-res scans of covers and some interior pages if anyone who uploads pre-code horror comics is interested.  Can offer credit and ad space inside of book. 

ip icon Logged

lyncwoods@yahoo.com

message icon
« Reply #1078 on: February 07, 2024, 04:28:47 AM »

I was looking for some interesting images to use for collage and watched a YouTube video. This site made the list. I love vintage layouts and types faces.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1079 on: February 07, 2024, 06:57:48 AM »

Yes, there are a lot of images here.
Happy browsing.
ip icon Logged

SMacEwan

message icon
« Reply #1080 on: February 09, 2024, 02:27:49 PM »

Found you from watching a Youtube video.
So glad I Did!

Steve
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1081 on: February 09, 2024, 11:59:26 PM »

SMacEwan,
Welcome. YouTube can be useful in many ways.
Enjoy the site, much to enjoy and learn about here.
We have more than one Scot among our regulars, are you actually in Scotland or from EXpat stock?

Anyway,
Welcome aboard! 
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 12:11:02 PM by The Australian Panther »
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1082 on: February 10, 2024, 10:10:36 AM »

Hi Steve.  Welcome to CB+.  Glad you found your way here.  As Panther asks, are you from Scotland? As that's where I am, it's great to welcome a fellow countryman aboard. If not, still great.  Lots to discover and read and please join in the conversations.
ip icon Logged

evivoli

message icon
« Reply #1083 on: March 17, 2024, 03:36:59 PM »

I found you by chance on Google! I already knew the DCM website and I was wondering if any other webpage provided faster reading and different books or even more books: glad I found you :)

Apart from this forum, is there a place to ask questions? or the easiest thing is to ask them by email?

Thanks,
Emanuele
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1084 on: March 17, 2024, 11:13:00 PM »

evivoli ,Welcome. Come on in and enjoy!
There are three ways to ask questions - for technical questions,
1/ Look at the top left of the homepage. See the menu with yellow lettering on a black background.
Click on 'Contact' If your question is technical or you have a question about the working of the site and someone from ADMIN will get back to you.
2/ If you just want to talk about comics (and please do), to the left of the heading COMIC BOOK PLUS there is a list in blue.
The top one is Forum. Click on that and you will find a number of threads.
Click on the most appropriate one and start a Post. You will start a conversation and someone will reply to you. Or read a thread that interests you and add a new comment if you are inclined.   
The links at the top of each thread that are in Dark Blue that are pinned, are permanent. You post will appear under them.
3/ Just start a post on the 'General Discussion' Forum on the home page.

Please take your time. Read as many of the threads as you can, and click on as many links on the site as you can. The site is enormous and well-worth exploring. The discussions in the Forum threads are just as informative (and fun) as the comics, books and radio shows.
Again, Welcome. Glad to have you.
cheers!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 11:25:14 PM by The Australian Panther »
ip icon Logged

Lizeis

message icon
« Reply #1085 on: April 14, 2024, 08:10:02 PM »

I was looking for references in Pinterest. There appeared a Giggle comics image with a linkt to your web.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1086 on: April 15, 2024, 06:17:23 AM »

That's one way I haven't heard before
Welcome and enjoy. Can I ask, what in particular were you looking for?

Cheers!   
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1087 on: April 15, 2024, 05:31:52 PM »

I was looking for references in Pinterest. There appeared a Giggle comics image with a linkt to your web.

A Giggle comic book caught your eye to find us, eh?  Could that possibly mean that you are a fan of "Funny Animal" comics? -Or just really old comics?
ip icon Logged

Heroes Like Me

message icon
« Reply #1088 on: April 22, 2024, 01:49:51 AM »

Hello, I'm Chris from Heroes Like Me Entertainment. I have been reading comics since the eighties and am fond of the Golden, Silver and Bronze Age of Comics along with Old time radio programs. I am glad to be here.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1089 on: April 22, 2024, 03:36:19 PM »

Hello Chris.  Welcome to CB+ Glad you found your way here.  Some of us also love old radio shows, although my references are British shows, so a lot of them might not mean much to folk in other countries.
But we have lots of radio shows:-
https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=2792
Enjoy yourself.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1090 on: April 23, 2024, 12:00:37 AM »

Welcome Christopher, Your are glad to be here. We are glad to have you here!
Plenty to do and see here.
I tried to access your website, but for some reason my computer throws up a serious security warning and won't let me access it.
However I did have a look at your YouTube site. If that's all your work, then you are developing into an excellent story-teller.
https://www.youtube.com/@HeroesLikeMeEnt
And yes, hands are hard to draw - as are feet - look at some of the art on this site and you'll see that it's not an uncommon problem. Again, welcome. 

ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.