in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How did you find us?

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: How did you find us?  (Read 256498 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: How did you find us?
« Reply #700 on: January 24, 2014, 02:03:24 PM »

We have something for everyone klen7. Not sure where to point you after the Charltons. You might want to read Colossus.
ip icon Logged

deetronic

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: deetronic
message icon
« Reply #701 on: January 27, 2014, 08:59:10 PM »

Hey,
I found you through this blog http://atomicscout.wordpress.com/ where there was a recent post about a comic book by Edison regarding nuclear power.

Keep up the great work, guys!

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #702 on: January 28, 2014, 12:55:27 AM »

Good to hear. The Edison and the Inside the Atom book are both mine.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #703 on: January 28, 2014, 06:39:06 AM »

WE also have a very small "atomic pamphlet" section https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=2318

PLUS and boy have I a treat for you! One of the coolest books in town that explains why radiation is a really good thing. The cover is amazing! https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=11684
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #704 on: January 28, 2014, 10:34:09 AM »

O .. I am really stupid! It is now official!! We actually have a mini "Atomic Section" that I set up some time ago, that I have just remembered about. https://comicbookplus.com/?cbplus=atomic A few books from back in the day when everything had to be an atomic something or another :)
ip icon Logged

saland

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: saland
message icon
« Reply #705 on: January 30, 2014, 12:26:58 AM »

Well...I'm retired now, have the time to write, and surf.  I found the site while surfin'.  I'm an old collector from the '60s.  My little brother has the collection at his home now.  He has a huge book room full of our comics (some in plastic covers) and many old paperbacks.  We will pass it on to my nephew, who is an addicted collector too. 

I really love the old comic book artwork.  best, saland  :)
ip icon Logged

hlkermitt1

message icon
« Reply #706 on: March 06, 2014, 04:20:36 PM »

I was looking for Sniffer & found your website in my quest.  I'm amazed at things today as I'm from the radio, comic book generation. I'm eighty years  young. At least my grandkids think I'm young as  I can still play on the floor with them, they don't notice that I crawl to the couch to pull myself up, they think that's part of the game. My wife is not happy that I'm hogging the 'puter  more than usual.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #707 on: March 06, 2014, 11:16:55 PM »

Well saland we love the art and stories. If you happen to have any thing you can scan and post we would appreciate it. Hlkermitt you have our permission to hot away  ;D
ip icon Logged

Starman

message icon
« Reply #708 on: March 08, 2014, 03:52:46 PM »

Hi from France everyone,
I found your site many years ago  :)
I'm a retired dentist now so i may upload some fine hard to find "petit format fran
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #709 on: March 08, 2014, 06:11:03 PM »

Hi from CB+ Starman.  Enchante' de vous trouver ici.  J'ai d
ip icon Logged

Kuroneko

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Kuroneko
message icon
« Reply #710 on: March 08, 2014, 07:15:56 PM »

It all started when Groupees launched their Indie Comic Bundle and this one particular comic titled The Lexian Chronicles got my attention so I started searching through Google until I found this site. I don't exactly remember what site recommended this website but i'm glad I found this site, there just so many classics legal here.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #711 on: March 09, 2014, 12:11:30 AM »

Well whatever site it was Kuroneko they have our thanks for directing you here and welcome to the fold
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

cdh2060

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: cdh2060
message icon
« Reply #712 on: March 12, 2014, 09:30:16 AM »

Responding to the original post: I found Comic Book Plus via a post dated March 10, 2014, on the Open Culture web site (tagline: "The best free cultural & educational media on the web").
http://www.openculture.com/2014/03/download-over-22000-golden-silver-age-comic-books-from-the-comic-book-plus-archive.html

The post is titled "Download Over 22,000 Golden & Silver Age Comic Books from the Comic Book Plus Archive" -- how could I resist? I hope it brings you a whole new wave of readership!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #713 on: March 13, 2014, 12:05:32 AM »

Thank you we look forward to the flood
ip icon Logged

Trh201044

message icon
« Reply #714 on: March 18, 2014, 08:39:28 PM »

I found you through my never ending research of public domain properties and my particular interest in "Planet Comics".

I'm currently working on a project which is a mix of my creator owned characters and some public domain characters.

I am especially interested in "Futura" and "Hunt Bowman".

I love your site!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #715 on: March 18, 2014, 11:13:03 PM »

Glad you visited our little piece of the planet Trh. You probably know that PSArtbooks is putting out the complete Planet in hardback.
ip icon Logged

Wiggly

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Wiggly
message icon
« Reply #716 on: March 19, 2014, 12:36:23 AM »

Looking for the two episodes of Captain Marvel Presents the Terrible 5.  I can't recall how I first came by my Captain Marvel Split! Xam! since it was released the year I was born but I loved the comic. Most folks give the stink eye but I find it to have a very unique hero in a very recognizable world of contemporary comic characters (of its competitors). I'd have to guess I bought it in a pack of cover less books with Captain Marvel being the only book not dead stock.
ip icon Logged

Vichyssoise

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Vichyssoise
message icon
« Reply #717 on: March 19, 2014, 11:10:14 AM »

Hello all,

Found about this site yesterday while surfing.
I'm happy to have found it.
I've noticed "Rintintin" is not listed in the Western section. Is it still copyrighted?
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #718 on: March 19, 2014, 12:39:48 PM »

Welcome and re: Rin Tin Tin,, yes I am afraid so :(
ip icon Logged

Trh201044

message icon
« Reply #719 on: March 19, 2014, 12:48:34 PM »

Narfstar,

I did not know about the collections, until you mentioned them yesterday. Very cool! 8)

I looked at their site, and saw that they had already put out a trade of Planet Comics 1-5.

I definitely will be looking into it when I get some extra coin!

ip icon Logged

albertofarina

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: albertofarina
message icon
« Reply #720 on: March 19, 2014, 11:37:51 PM »

Since you ask, I got myself in here by following a tweet - this one, in fact: https://twitter.com/BlackHoleMovies/status/446330210787819520

I work in a 24-hours movie channel, I call myself a professional film buff, but I've also been a comic book fan since I can remember. I live in Italy. Nice meeting you guys.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #721 on: March 20, 2014, 04:38:12 PM »

Hello Alberto and welcome to CB+.   You are lucky living in a country where comics are properly appreciated and there is an amazing history of comics. 
Glad you found your way here and please join in the conversations.  More importantly, enjoy the comics.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #722 on: March 21, 2014, 03:04:40 PM »

Welcome Alberto enjoy the comics. Must be nice to get to enjoy movies and call it work
ip icon Logged

LindaCarter

message icon
« Reply #723 on: March 31, 2014, 11:02:54 PM »

Hi
I'm a big fan of Comics, the oldie ones in particular
I'm 54 now, my birthday was only 1 week ago. I've collected many complete serials over the years (Batman,Superman,Asterix,Lucky Luke,Little lulu,and much much more) Have over 3 TB of my favorite comics.
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language. I'm Egyptian. I usually get my new comics through 3 or 4 sites ( other than the Tremendous Late Demonoid ). Some Magnificent site "Magazine3K" terminated don't know why or how, so I searched for old comics - most of the sites I've found are fakes - but I've sensed that this site is really wonderful so I've applied for an account and I'm really happy to be a member here. I wish I could contribute my whole collection to the site in the future. Thanks again
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:07:34 PM by LindaCarter »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #724 on: April 01, 2014, 12:05:14 AM »

Welcome to the site. Most of what you have is not PD but if you have anything we need we would appreciate it. You may have some Charltons that we have missed along the way. Do you happen to have Space Adv 45?
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.