in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,816 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How did you find us?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: How did you find us?  (Read 256395 times)

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: How did you find us?
« Reply #200 on: February 07, 2009, 04:51:21 AM »

Patience is a good thing Bob.
I've no idea when Serj or Zog might see me PM to them.
ip icon Logged

stephbarton

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: stephbarton
message icon
« Reply #201 on: February 11, 2009, 02:54:47 AM »

Well...where to start.

I've been reading comics for 15 years now (I'm really not that old) and a few years ago I feel in love with the Marvel Family.  Well, wanting to discuss these wonderful characters I made the mistake of going to the DC boards (although they are much better now, back then they were horrible).  From there I heard about a Captain Marvel forum at bluetights.net, which was a Superman site.  On that board somebody had a link here and well...the rest is history.

But I love this site, there is no way I could read any of these great stories otherwise (especially the Captain Marvel Jr and Mary Marvel material) as DC seems to not care about reprinting the excellent stories they have staring these characters.

But I hope after I get my Marvel Family fix (that's a lot of comics to download and read) I can get other Fawcett stuff (I really enjoy Mr. Scarlet and Pinky, I've just gotten to the stories where they are unemployed and I'm loving it) and from there other great GA stuff.
ip icon Logged

lawman

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: lawman
message icon
« Reply #202 on: February 18, 2009, 10:24:47 PM »

A screenwriter who needs to be writing  -- something due today! -- but my brain is melting.  Collected comics forever.  Fox's Sheena is staring at me right now from my comic book rack -- my rotating office pop art piece!

It look like it's going to be a great site.  Just switched to MAC recently -- love the computer -- still getting used to downloading and viewing. I'll let you know!  Thanks for this generous selection and the work you put into it.  Yes, I will donate. 

I swear -- it's the cliche of all cliches -- my producers have told me "MY CHECK IS IN THE MAIL!!!"
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #203 on: February 19, 2009, 12:14:01 AM »

Well lawman no arrests need to be made here. All public domain and free for all to access. Hope you enjoy yourself and welcome.
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #204 on: February 19, 2009, 12:19:59 AM »

Does anyone know if bobjav got his access problem solved?
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #205 on: February 19, 2009, 03:04:03 AM »

A screenwriter who needs to be writing  -- something due today! -- but my brain is melting.  Collected comics forever.  Fox's Sheena is staring at me right now from my comic book rack -- my rotating office pop art piece!

It look like it's going to be a great site.  Just switched to MAC recently -- love the computer -- still getting used to downloading and viewing. I'll let you know!  Thanks for this generous selection and the work you put into it.  Yes, I will donate. 

I swear -- it's the cliche of all cliches -- my producers have told me "MY CHECK IS IN THE MAIL!!!"

Sheena was from Fiction House, Lawman. Nothing to do with Fox.

(|:{>
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #206 on: February 19, 2009, 03:48:01 AM »

Hi Rez,
Only Serj and Zog have the knowledge to solve these odd connection issues a small number of people have encountered.  I haven't heard anything from either on the matter.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

inochi

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: inochi
message icon
« Reply #207 on: March 05, 2009, 04:21:28 AM »

Hi, I'm a new member visiting from the U.S. I found the site through a TCJ thread when in reply to someone posting a paid site, people posted free sites, yours and two others.  I want to do some historical research via these comics at some point.

Thanks. :)
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #208 on: March 05, 2009, 07:45:03 PM »

Do you happen to have a link to that thread?  I poked around, but couldn't find anything that seemed close.

Hi, I'm a new member visiting from the U.S. I found the site through a TCJ thread when in reply to someone posting a paid site, people posted free sites, yours and two others.  I want to do some historical research via these comics at some point.
Thanks. :)
ip icon Logged

H Hayward

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: H Hayward
message icon
« Reply #209 on: March 08, 2009, 12:20:47 PM »

Friend of mine say's "I would like to find some comics from my youth" 1x week later, Voila. He found what he was looking for.  Long live the web.

Thought I'd have a browse. The Green Lama sounds a Knockout.
Hi everybody.     H Newbie
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #210 on: March 08, 2009, 04:35:51 PM »

We are glad that you have found us. Green Lama has some great Raboy art and some other interesting features. Of course if you like Raboy then Captain Marvel Jr is right up your alley. Enjoy yourself here.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #211 on: March 08, 2009, 05:13:21 PM »

We are glad that you have found us. Green Lama has some great Raboy art and some other interesting features. Of course if you like Raboy then Captain Marvel Jr is right up your alley. Enjoy yourself here.

I spoke to Roy Thomas at WonderCon, Narf,
and I think Hames and I are going to continue our Great Unknowns series for Alter Ego. When we do, our first (or second) installment is going to be on Emil Gershwin, who was the other great CMJ artist. The other one we're determined to do is Munson Paddock.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

willq

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: willq
message icon
« Reply #212 on: March 20, 2009, 03:55:08 PM »

I found you on giganews. Thought I'd check you out. I Love old titles. I'll have to see if I can find something to upload. oops, running out of time. willq
ip icon Logged

frank rizzo

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: frank rizzo
message icon
« Reply #213 on: April 11, 2009, 03:41:10 PM »

google search for captain marvel comics
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #214 on: April 11, 2009, 06:42:17 PM »

We are on giganews we are on google we are everywhere. Actually we are right here and glad to have you aboard enjoy.
ip icon Logged

aldiboronti

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: aldiboronti
message icon
« Reply #215 on: April 13, 2009, 09:26:02 PM »

I found you guys by a link on The Horrors Of It All blog and now both that site and this one are among my most visited.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #216 on: April 14, 2009, 01:44:44 AM »

Well aldi we hope you keep us at the top of your list. This is my home page :)
ip icon Logged

elalamo

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: elalamo
message icon
« Reply #217 on: April 29, 2009, 10:53:59 PM »

I'm working on a documentary about the French Foreign Legion as seen through the eyes of pop culture. Naturally, that includes comics, so I've been searching the web looking for more FL comics and somehow was led to this site.

Frank
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #218 on: April 30, 2009, 12:44:07 AM »

Well Frank you were probably brought here to download Captain Gallant of the Foreign Legion
http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/index.php?dlid=5201

Hope you enjoy
ip icon Logged

elalamo

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: elalamo
message icon
« Reply #219 on: April 30, 2009, 06:45:16 AM »

Well Frank you were probably brought here to download Captain Gallant of the Foreign Legion
http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/index.php?dlid=5201

Hope you enjoy

I've had the two "Captain Gallants" for years. I'm hoping to find "Luck of the Legion" which appeared in EAGLE. Any advice?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
ip icon Logged

phabox

message icon
« Reply #221 on: April 30, 2009, 01:58:40 PM »

I suspect that he means 'The Eagle' a weekly boys paper first published in Great Britain in 1950 which was Luck of the Legions stamping ground.

U.S. Viewers might better remember this comic as being the launching pad for Colonel Dan Dare.

-Nigel
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #222 on: April 30, 2009, 04:19:49 PM »

I suspect that he means 'The Eagle' a weekly boys paper first published in Great Britain in 1950 which was Luck of the Legions stamping ground.

U.S. Viewers might better remember this comic as being the launching pad for Colonel Dan Dare.

-Nigel

If "The Eagle" is PD and fair game for the GAC site, I have MANY issues available for scanning.

Peace, JIm (|:{>
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #223 on: April 30, 2009, 04:29:38 PM »

I'm working on a documentary about the French Foreign Legion as seen through the eyes of pop culture. Naturally, that includes comics, so I've been searching the web looking for more FL comics and somehow was led to this site.

Frank

I thought I replied to this, Frank, but I don't see a post, so again I'll recommend that you be certain to review a copy of Alex Toth's "Battle Flag of the Foreign Legion" in Danger Trail #3, Nov-Dec, 1950. It's from DC, and not PD, so you won't find a copy here, but do check it out. You can see the title page from it on my Alex Toth biography here:
http://www.bpib.com/illustra3/Toth/toth.html

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

phabox

message icon
« Reply #224 on: April 30, 2009, 05:16:58 PM »

If "The Eagle" is PD and fair game for the GAC site, I have MANY issues available for scanning.

Peace, JIm (|:{>

Sad to say but I believe the Eagle is subject to BRITISH copyright rules which are much more unforgiving then the U.S.A. some thing like Seventy years after the death of ALL the creators so we could still be in for a very long wait indeed !!

FYI the first three years worth of this comic, some 156 issues HAVE already been scanned but the person ( or persons) behind the project got the hump and pulled the plug after seeing their hard work showing up in CD form on Ebay. >:(

Sounds Familiar !

-Nigel
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 07:08:51 PM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.