in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,816 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How did you find us?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: How did you find us?  (Read 256379 times)

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: How did you find us?
« Reply #300 on: March 11, 2010, 05:10:09 AM »

When you applaud someone, you give one karma, when you smite them you take one away.
ip icon Logged

Aqualad1

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aqualad1
message icon
« Reply #301 on: March 11, 2010, 08:52:08 AM »

Hello, I'm an American living in the state of Colorado. Not many comic book shops in my mountainous neighborhood that carry the good old Golden Age books anymore.  This site is like a dream come true for a fella like me. I've collected a fair share of comics from every era. But, I'm not sure which ones are ok to upload.  Is there a list posted somewhere?  Thank you  :D

ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #302 on: March 11, 2010, 09:12:52 AM »

But, I'm not sure which ones are ok to upload.  Is there a list posted somewhere?  Thank you  :D

Here's the thread to what isn't allowed ...

http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1426.0.html

Not sure where the "allowed" thread is!

Welcome to the site.
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bchat
message icon
« Reply #303 on: March 11, 2010, 03:32:05 PM »

I've collected a fair share of comics from every era. But, I'm not sure which ones are ok to upload.  Is there a list posted somewhere?  Thank you  :D

You could ask someone here if a certain book is ok, but don't be surprised if they don't know for sure.  It's best to do the research yourself, starting with this site which member PeterC found: http://librarycopyright.net/digitalslider/.  It shows what conditions are needed before something could be considered Public Domain.

The next place you'ld want to go is here:  http://onlinebooks.library.upenn.edu/cce/.  At that site you will find the renewals filed between 1950 & 1977 for works published between 1922 through 1950, which is the bulk of Golden Age material.  For renewals on works filed from 1978 onward, go here:  http://www.copyright.gov/records/.
ip icon Logged

Komandi

message icon
« Reply #304 on: March 11, 2010, 08:10:15 PM »

I'm not sure exactly what phrase I googled to get here; but I remember being absolutely FLOORED when I found this place! 

;D

Major kudos to the team for taking on such a massive (and ongoing) project! 
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #305 on: March 12, 2010, 01:02:27 AM »

Major Kudos is also trademarked by DC.

You guys just keep the chuckles coming
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #306 on: March 12, 2010, 01:03:08 AM »

You guys are weird.
  I like weird.

Yeah so what's your point
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #307 on: March 12, 2010, 01:03:58 AM »

Okay, so what's this "Applaud" and "Smite" business?  Along the same lines?

This stuff was built into the RW software
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #308 on: March 12, 2010, 01:05:03 AM »

Hello, I'm an American living in the state of Colorado. Not many comic book shops in my mountainous neighborhood that carry the good old Golden Age books anymore.  This site is like a dream come true for a fella like me. I've collected a fair share of comics from every era. But, I'm not sure which ones are ok to upload.  Is there a list posted somewhere?  Thank you  :D

Easiest way to see what is OK is to look down the main page. The companies represented are the ones OK
ip icon Logged

pigface

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: pigface
message icon
« Reply #309 on: March 12, 2010, 03:11:33 PM »

Hi. I have always had an interest in old comics. I was given some comics by my mother during an illness as a child. The local newsagent used to have a stack of Marvel and DC comics every month. Some of these comics contained Weird Tales and horror comics. I did not save these as a child and always wondered where they had gone. I just typed "comics" into google and came upon your website. I was overjoyed to see that you could download and read all types of comics. I have now developed a renewed interest in comics and enjoy reading the histories of these publishers. Thank you to everyone involved in bringing these comics to the public domain. :)
ip icon Logged

Komandi

message icon
« Reply #310 on: March 12, 2010, 08:27:50 PM »

Major Kudos is also trademarked by DC.

:o

"Captain Goodjob" to everyone? 

:-\

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #311 on: March 12, 2010, 11:30:27 PM »

another chuckle for me thanks
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #312 on: March 13, 2010, 01:34:46 AM »

Dr. Waytogo?
Mister Attaboy?
Major Thanksalot?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #313 on: March 13, 2010, 01:40:38 AM »

Just getting old now Astaldo as I said before time to shut up  ;D ;D ;D Just kidding of course
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #314 on: March 13, 2010, 01:42:22 AM »

:-X
ip icon Logged

wizardguy

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: wizardguy
message icon
« Reply #315 on: March 15, 2010, 04:04:24 AM »

I was looking for info on an old comic character, specifically Volton, the Human Generator, and found your site.  Great resource for public domain golden age comics.  Just hope my privileges start soon so I can starting checking out your content. :)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #316 on: March 15, 2010, 04:07:22 AM »

They have started now wizardguy
ip icon Logged

slingsla

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: slingsla
message icon
« Reply #317 on: March 15, 2010, 04:48:21 PM »

I was looking for old caricatures and political cartoons from the British papers back in the 1800s and came across a link to here
ip icon Logged

6_wheeler

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: 6_wheeler
message icon
« Reply #318 on: March 15, 2010, 05:43:53 PM »

Hello Everyone,  ::) I'm addicted to Internet Archive so naturally I found you there in my roaing. My M.S. is getting he better of me and I'm stocking up on comics, movies, etc for time to come. To bad I never held onto my old comics, but it looks like you have most. Does this Reply Post drop letters while I type, I'm pretty carefull and double check, had to fix about 15 words so far.
Adios 6_wheeler  ;D
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #319 on: March 15, 2010, 06:56:05 PM »

You are set up to download 6
ip icon Logged

Sajno

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Sajno
message icon
« Reply #320 on: March 20, 2010, 06:35:08 AM »

A friend of mine was commenting on just how much stuff is in the general public domain that is of high quality.  I started poking around on google and ran into this site.  Looks great.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #321 on: March 20, 2010, 01:19:39 PM »

You now have this weeks limits set Sajno
ip icon Logged

BlaqueSaber

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: BlaqueSaber
message icon
« Reply #322 on: March 21, 2010, 10:51:20 PM »

We over at the Flashback Universe http://flashbackuniverse.blogspot.com/ are thinking of putting up lots more content and basing that work on a Golden Age Public Domain character so I'm here doing research on those characters as well as what the fans of those characters/books like & dislike.  I'd love suggestions on your favorites and why?  Also, which characters could exist today...
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #323 on: March 21, 2010, 10:55:58 PM »

I am a fan of the odd and obscure. As you might guess from my Sparkman avatar. Centaur is my favorite company. We have a Black Dwarf and Bing Bang Buster archive which should let you know these guys are popular. Yellowjacket and Green Turtle are two others with lots of fans
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #324 on: March 21, 2010, 11:13:27 PM »

I am a fan of the odd and obscure. As you might guess from my Sparkman avatar. Centaur is my favorite company. We have a Black Dwarf and Bing Bang Buster archive which should let you know these guys are popular. Yellowjacket and Green Turtle are two others with lots of fans

Have I mentioned that I am a big fan of the 'Diana, The Huntress' feature from Yellowjacket Comics?  I keep hoping that she will get the Archive treatment someday.  :)

B.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.