in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,816 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How did you find us?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: How did you find us?  (Read 256401 times)

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: How did you find us?
« Reply #325 on: March 21, 2010, 11:44:59 PM »

We over at the Flashback Universe http://flashbackuniverse.blogspot.com/ are thinking of putting up lots more content and basing that work on a Golden Age Public Domain character so I'm here doing research on those characters as well as what the fans of those characters/books like & dislike.  I'd love suggestions on your favorites and why?  Also, which characters could exist today...

Flashback Universe is one of my favorite sites! I appreciate that it provides downloads, commentary, and another place for comics fans to gather and geek with.

I consider it an unofficial sister site for GAC (its not like I'm the boss around here, hence the 'unofficial') and I hope that regular GAC folks will check out its unique slant on fandom and comics production.

B.

PS: If you do something good with the 'Duke of Darkness' you will win the hearts of geeks like myself and perhaps convince DC to finally do right by The Spectre & Mr. Justice.
ip icon Logged

arghhh

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: arghhh
message icon
« Reply #326 on: March 21, 2010, 11:56:29 PM »

Google sent me.  ;D
ip icon Logged

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #327 on: March 22, 2010, 09:15:18 PM »

We over at the Flashback Universe http://flashbackuniverse.blogspot.com/ are thinking of putting up lots more content and basing that work on a Golden Age Public Domain character so I'm here doing research on those characters as well as what the fans of those characters/books like & dislike.  I'd love suggestions on your favorites and why?  Also, which characters could exist today...

Flashback Universe is one of my favorite sites! I appreciate that it provides downloads, commentary, and another place for comics fans to gather and geek with.

I consider it an unofficial sister site for GAC (its not like I'm the boss around here, hence the 'unofficial') and I hope that regular GAC folks will check out its unique slant on fandom and comics production.

B.

PS: If you do something good with the 'Duke of Darkness' you will win the hearts of geeks like myself and perhaps convince DC to finally do right by The Spectre & Mr. Justice.

All the Duke's known appearances here:
http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/?dlid=11118

what a lovely collection  ;)
ip icon Logged

Promethsius

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Promethsius
message icon
« Reply #328 on: March 24, 2010, 03:23:47 PM »

I was looking for the Golden Age Yankee Girl in Dynamic Comics #23 and this is the only place that has it.

In general, I have been more of a Silver Age comic fan, but I'm expanding my horizons and have found some great
heroines of the Golden Age.

Thanks for running this site.  I do hope that I can download and contribute some scans soon.

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #329 on: March 25, 2010, 05:11:45 PM »

Welcome Prometh. Unfortunately the site is down now. Hope it is back up soon so you can get some good books and hopefully contribute some. Boox you are welcome to make a Dianna archive for us we would  be glad to have it
ip icon Logged

Promethsius

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Promethsius
message icon
« Reply #330 on: March 25, 2010, 11:44:25 PM »

Hey,

Thanks for welcoming me aboard.  I'm still learning my way around the site, thanks for the bug update, it was good to know that
I hadn't botched my membership registration.

I'll look through the "comics wanted" to see if I have any of them on file.

Did I say, "Hooray for this site!"  and for all the friendly people?

HOORAY!

Thanks
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #331 on: March 26, 2010, 12:12:20 AM »

Just wait until you can fully dive in to all these gems. You will feel like Scrooge McDuck in his vault
ip icon Logged

paulpicks1

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: paulpicks1
message icon
« Reply #332 on: March 26, 2010, 12:46:33 AM »

Hello everybody --
My name is  Paul and my alias is "Paulpicks1" -- I also have been known to go by "Paulpicks2" whenever I'm given grief about my username I try the other one.  I have loved comics for decades and decades, I hesitate to say how many.  :P I'm particularly a fan of "good girl art" so it should be no suprise that Bill Black is my hero -- he founded Americomics (aka AC) in the late 70's and has published hundreds of "gga" comic books.  ;D Even so, my favorite comic books are superheroine stories from the golden age of comics  -- the 40's.  I love early Wonder Woman books, Sheena, Mary Marvel, Miss Masque, Woman in Red, Blonde Phantom, etc.   8)  I AM PARTICULARLY INTERESTED IN POSTING THIS REPLY TODAY BECAUSE I AM HAVING TROUBLE DOWNLOADING FROM THIS FANTASTIC SITE.  When I try to "log in" I'm shunted to an error page that says I have not entered a user name,  which is simply wrong.   I always enter "paulpicks1" and beneath it under "password" I enter my password.  I made a donation of $20.00 yesterday hoping that would unlock the "error" page but it hasn't.   If anybody in administration reads this, please offer me a suggestion or two.  I love your site, I love comic books, and all I want to do is enjoy all the "good stuff" you have.
PP1
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 04:49:32 AM by paulpicks2 »
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #333 on: March 26, 2010, 01:10:23 AM »

Paul, welcome to our site! Unfortunately, it went down unexpectedly and we do not have an ETA on it yet. How did you donate? It's still FUBAR right now.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #334 on: March 26, 2010, 01:21:47 AM »

Yes, Paul,
welcome, but your patience is required at the moment. Lots of great comics here, and more on the way, but right now we're pretty much sitting around talkin' and waitin' and hopin' that things will soon return to normal.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

paulpicks1

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #335 on: March 26, 2010, 02:52:31 AM »

Thanks for  the prompt reply.  You asked about my donation.  I made it through Paypal, and unfortunately when I telephoned Paypal today to see if the transaction had been "completed" I was told it will be "completed tomorrow"  (March 26) --- something to do with  converting dollars to Euros is slowing things down.  Please let me know if you do not receive this donation tomorrow -- it was for $20.00 in U.S. currency.   And thanks for informing me I'm not going crazy, that I did in fact do all I was supposed to do, and that the "error" is in the "Server's mechanism" and not in the "usersname".   

Again, I love your site.

All the best, and may good girl art live forever.

Paulpicks1   (aka paulpicks2)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 02:54:50 AM by paulpicks2 »
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #336 on: March 26, 2010, 04:07:38 AM »

Thanks for  the prompt reply.  You asked about my donation.  I made it through Paypal, and unfortunately when I telephoned Paypal today to see if the transaction had been "completed" I was told it will be "completed tomorrow"  (March 26) --- something to do with  converting dollars to Euros is slowing things down.  Please let me know if you do not receive this donation tomorrow -- it was for $20.00 in U.S. currency.   And thanks for informing me I'm not going crazy, that I did in fact do all I was supposed to do, and that the "error" is in the "Server's mechanism" and not in the "usersname".   

Again, I love your site.

All the best, and may good girl art live forever.

Paulpicks1   (aka paulpicks2)

Welcome Paul. Did you specify "donate@goldenagecomics.co.uk" for your donation? If not, it will not reach the current owner of the site. If you used anything other than "donate@goldenagecomics.co.uk" you should notify Paypal to cancel the transaction.

B.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #337 on: March 27, 2010, 02:54:46 AM »

I truly don't mean to sound sarcastic paul, but did you notice my sig and boox's?
ip icon Logged

paulpicks1

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #338 on: March 27, 2010, 03:50:52 AM »

« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 04:00:06 AM by paulpicks2 »
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #339 on: March 27, 2010, 03:56:16 AM »

Sig, or signature refers to some text or a graphic at the bottom of a members posts. This is mine;
DONATE THROUGH PAYPAL TO GAC!
donate@goldenagecomics.co.uk
PLEASE DO NOT UPLOAD ANYTHING WITH A 'GM' WATERMARK!

It makes mention of where to donate if you wish.
"boox" is a nickname of boox909 one of the members here and best friend of Skybandit  ;)
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #340 on: March 27, 2010, 03:57:40 AM »

Also, I believe your donation went to the former owner of the site, Serj.
ip icon Logged

paulpicks1

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #341 on: March 27, 2010, 04:39:14 AM »

I now have made a second donation of $20.00 (U.S. currency) to "donate@goldenagecomics.co.uk.  I have also filed a request to "supportus@goldenagecomics.co.uk" for a refund.  I hope this gets the donation to the proper folks, and that a refund will be made to me for the mistaken donation.  I also hope this small gesture will show my enthusiastic support for Golden Age Comics Download and that the little trouble I have been having downloading recently will be eliminated.  Thanks for all you do.  Keep on keeping on.   ;D   

P.S.
I copied the following information from my Paypal page so I could paste it below for you to read.  It shows the second transaction, with the relevant information.  I hope it shows that I got it right this time.   :-\

Business Name:
goldenagecomics.co.uk     
mail:
payment@sparechangehosting.com
Payment Sent to:

donate@goldenagecomics.co.uk
Business Contact Information

Customer Service Email:  payment@sparechangehosting.com
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 04:54:07 AM by paulpicks2 »
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #342 on: March 27, 2010, 05:21:57 AM »

I now have made a second donation of $20.00 (U.S. currency) to "donate@goldenagecomics.co.uk.  I have also filed a request to "supportus@goldenagecomics.co.uk" for a refund.  I hope this gets the donation to the proper folks, and that a refund will be made to me for the mistaken donation.  I also hope this small gesture will show my enthusiastic support for Golden Age Comics Download and that the little trouble I have been having downloading recently will be eliminated.  Thanks for all you do.  Keep on keeping on.   ;D   

Paul, this second donation should reach Janus. I have used the same info and my donation reached him.

You might want to send him a PM so he knows of it and can credit you with VIP status -- it will come in handy once the download site returns to full functionality.

Thank you for supporting GAC!  ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

paulpicks1

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #343 on: March 28, 2010, 02:02:29 PM »

This is the message I get when I try to login.  Paypal has notified me that my donation to "donate@goldenagecomics.co.uk" was completed.  Where do I go from here? Error: Login failed... No username was entered. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #344 on: March 28, 2010, 03:13:53 PM »

This is the message I get when I try to login.  Paypal has notified me that my donation to "donate@goldenagecomics.co.uk" was completed.  Where do I go from here? Error: Login failed... No username was entered. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

Paul, what I wrote to you earlier still stands, we await an update on the download site's status from our site owner. Have patience; none of us can log in to the download site for now.

B.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #345 on: March 28, 2010, 03:14:33 PM »

You can send Janus a PM or email and let him know. He's been pretty busy with the site so I don't know how quickly he'll respond.
ip icon Logged

paulpicks1

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #346 on: March 28, 2010, 10:56:43 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: paulpicks2 on Today at 08:02:29 AM

Paul, what I wrote to you earlier still stands, we await an update on the download site's status from our site owner. Have patience; none of us can log 

Paul, what I wrote to you earlier still stands, we await an update on the download site's status from our site owner. Have patience; none of us can log in to the download site for now.

B.

Your last message was the most helpful one yet, especially the part about "none of us can log in to the download site for now."  Up to then, I thought it was just me, or some glitch in the system that affected only me.  Now I get it -- we're all in the same boat together, and we've all got the same problem.  That is very comforting, believe me, it is.

Thanks guys, for all you do, and I hope none of my posted messages sound like I'm impatient with all you who do so much to make this the great site that it is.  I plan to be a very active participant and contributor when things get going again, I promise.  Meanwhile, Hang on, hold on, and don't let go.  The world needs Golden Age Comic Downloads -- it's important. 

I'm sending good vibes your way. 

PP1 (and sometimes PP2)
ip icon Logged

DeepReader

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: DeepReader
message icon
« Reply #347 on: April 12, 2010, 08:57:14 AM »

I'm just now coming back on-line after a massive PC crash, so have had to re-register for a lot of sites ( including this one ). Looks like I'll have a bit of catching up to do ??? as well as search out whether or not I can scan in any of me own collection.  I didna visit too oft ere  ( due to work ) but will be round again, anon ;)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #348 on: April 12, 2010, 10:26:58 AM »

Welcome DR your monthly downloads are set enjoy. We look forward to any books you might be able to add as well as an comments on the forums
ip icon Logged

Magni

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Magni
message icon
« Reply #349 on: April 17, 2010, 06:22:48 AM »

Hi,I'm from Brazil and I found you through tha internet. I love comics from Fawcett and my favourite hero is Captain Marvel. Thank you so much.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.