in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,816 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How did you find us?

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: How did you find us?  (Read 256384 times)

dubsatron

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: dubsatron
message icon
Re: How did you find us?
« Reply #375 on: May 12, 2010, 04:26:34 PM »

Found the site through a Google search for "vintage horror comics". Looking mostly for inspirational imagery, I really love the aesthetic. After browsing a bit Black Bolt really caught my eye. Will definitely be checking that out once I'm OK'd for downloading.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #376 on: May 12, 2010, 04:32:13 PM »

You are now set. Please contribute comments, comics or cash to keep things rolling.
ip icon Logged

Hutch

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Hutch
message icon
« Reply #377 on: May 13, 2010, 11:29:03 AM »

Found the site through google while searching for documentations on Jack Cole's Plastic Man and CC Beck's Captain Marvel.
I found it really important to give access to these formative years of comic books.
ip icon Logged

Pedroantonio

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Pedroantonio
message icon
« Reply #378 on: May 13, 2010, 07:14:21 PM »

:) I was looking at a Spanish site called El baul de los tebeos which means The comic's foot locker or coffer
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #379 on: May 13, 2010, 08:36:33 PM »

:) I was looking at a Spanish site called El baul de los tebeos which means The comic's foot locker or coffer

Welcome aboard! You are set to begin downloading and please chime in about the comics (especially non-North American comics) you collect.

B.  ;D
ip icon Logged

Reynard

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Reynard
message icon
« Reply #380 on: May 22, 2010, 08:52:14 PM »

I did a google search while researching for a super hero prose project I am working on.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #381 on: May 22, 2010, 09:48:55 PM »

Glad you found us Rey. You are now set up to download. Please consider contributing comments, comics or cash
ip icon Logged

originalmurph

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: originalmurph
message icon
« Reply #382 on: May 25, 2010, 12:53:39 AM »

Well I was investigating what comic book reader to use on my iPad (when it arrives), and found Comic Zeal Comic Reader 4.  Did a google on "Atom Age Combat", and found this site.  Despite years of reading comics (ok starting in the 60's) some of these I have never heard of.  Was looking to download a couple for testing app on my iPhone.  -murph ;D
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #383 on: May 25, 2010, 01:08:57 AM »

Well I was investigating what comic book reader to use on my iPad (when it arrives), and found Comic Zeal Comic Reader 4.  Did a google on "Atom Age Combat", and found this site.  Despite years of reading comics (ok starting in the 60's) some of these I have never heard of.  Was looking to download a couple for testing app on my iPhone.  -murph ;D

Welcome aboard Murph!

You are all set and ready to begin downloading! Enjoy, and let us know if you need any other assistance.

B.  ;D
ip icon Logged

pieman72

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: pieman72
message icon
« Reply #384 on: May 27, 2010, 03:19:11 PM »

I'm a university student in the U.S. working on a research project in text-to-scene generation. We decided to use comics for some of our training data as actions are simplified, and objects are obvious. We also wanted to use obscure comics so as not to influence the human annotations through familiarity. A quick Google search for "old comics" brought up this site  :).
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #385 on: May 27, 2010, 03:20:46 PM »

I'm a university student in the U.S. working on a research project in text-to-scene generation. We decided to use comics for some of our training data as actions are simplified, and objects are obvious. We also wanted to use obscure comics so as not to influence the human annotations through familiarity. A quick Google search for "old comics" brought up this site  :).

Welcome! You've come to a good source of material for your project! I set you up for downloading, so dive in and enjoy. Let us know if you need any other assistance.  ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #386 on: May 27, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »

Welcome Pie and please share your research when finished
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

juansts

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: juansts
message icon
« Reply #387 on: May 31, 2010, 03:25:35 AM »

a recent post in an indonesian book mailing list referred to your site as "copyright free golden age comics". i just can't help visiting it.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #388 on: May 31, 2010, 04:00:27 AM »

We are glad that you could not help yourself welcome. You are set up to download enjoy
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #389 on: May 31, 2010, 05:46:07 AM »

a recent post in an indonesian book mailing list referred to your site as "copyright free golden age comics". i just can't help visiting it.

Welcome to the site! Enjoy the collection and please do participate.  ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

Tusitala

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Tusitala
message icon
« Reply #390 on: May 31, 2010, 06:29:13 PM »

Hey guys. I found the site when I was looking for info on a comic I found in a book titled The Weirdest Comics in the World (or something like that:-)). The cover and panel I saw reminded me of an RPG character I play in a game called Amber: Diceless (based on Roger Zelazny's Amber Universe), and I became very interested in reading the whole comic and sharing it with my friends. The comic was called Jon Juan: Super Lover. I logged on and instantly found it! As a lifelong fan of GA comics I was delighted to see how much the site has to offer.

I was also wondering what the prefered reader program is for viewing the comics.

Thanks!

Christopher Midyette (aka Tusitala)
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #391 on: June 01, 2010, 03:18:23 AM »

Hey guys. I found the site when I was looking for info on a comic I found in a book titled The Weirdest Comics in the World (or something like that:-)). The cover and panel I saw reminded me of an RPG character I play in a game called Amber: Diceless (based on Roger Zelazny's Amber Universe), and I became very interested in reading the whole comic and sharing it with my friends. The comic was called Jon Juan: Super Lover. I logged on and instantly found it! As a lifelong fan of GA comics I was delighted to see how much the site has to offer.

I was also wondering what the prefered reader program is for viewing the comics.

Thanks!

Christopher Midyette (aka Tusitala)

http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,10.0.html

Check that thread out for some ideas. Let us know if you need any additional assistance.

B.  ;D
ip icon Logged

BradyDale

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: BradyDale
message icon
« Reply #392 on: June 01, 2010, 10:26:17 PM »

I have been dying to read the three issues of FATMAN: THE HUMAN FLYING SAUCER. I'm actually writing a little novella based on a revised version of the character. I'm changing it a lot, but I'd like to do some stuff with the core concepts. All I've really read of it are the first ten pages of the first issue.

I've searched on Google for it many times. No luck. Then one day I just decided to skip way ahead in the searches and found this site. All three issues are here!

But I'm not allowed to download anything yet, it appears. Can't wait! I'm dying to read these three issues!
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #393 on: June 01, 2010, 10:43:51 PM »

I have been dying to read the three issues of FATMAN: THE HUMAN FLYING SAUCER. I'm actually writing a little novella based on a revised version of the character. I'm changing it a lot, but I'd like to do some stuff with the core concepts. All I've really read of it are the first ten pages of the first issue.

I've searched on Google for it many times. No luck. Then one day I just decided to skip way ahead in the searches and found this site. All three issues are here!

But I'm not allowed to download anything yet, it appears. Can't wait! I'm dying to read these three issues!

Welcome aboard!

You are set up to begin downloading! Enjoy the site and let us know if you need any other assistance!  ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #394 on: June 02, 2010, 03:21:07 AM »

Glad to be able to fulfill your wishes Brady. They are favorites of mine also. If you enjoy them be sure to check out the Silver Age Captain Marvel
ip icon Logged

Unkldan

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Unkldan
message icon
« Reply #395 on: June 02, 2010, 10:14:49 PM »

My friend Yankabilly had joined here.  He picked up that I like comics and have always enjoyed them, so he told me of your site.  I am glad I did.  I can see I am gonna have lots of fun here  :D :) :)
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #396 on: June 02, 2010, 10:40:33 PM »

My friend Yankabilly had joined here.  He picked up that I like comics and have always enjoyed them, so he told me of your site.  I am glad I did.  I can see I am gonna have lots of fun here  :D :) :)

Welcome to the site! I have you set up to begin downloading and I hope that you will enjoy our collection and join in the various conversations.  ;D ;D

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

B.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #397 on: June 02, 2010, 11:57:38 PM »

You're right unk this is a fun place
ip icon Logged

DuckFOO

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: DuckFOO
message icon
« Reply #398 on: June 04, 2010, 06:57:15 PM »

Google!
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #399 on: June 04, 2010, 07:21:26 PM »

Google!

Welcome to the site! You're all set up to begin downloading! If you need any further assistance let us know!  ;D

B.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.