in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Deadpool: Boston/LA

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Deadpool: Boston/LA  (Read 1651 times)

Abishai100

message icon
Deadpool: Boston/LA
« on: April 22, 2018, 03:37:05 PM »

I'm a big fan of Deadpool (Marvel Comics) and how he represents both vigilantism sentimentality and superpower storytelling. Deadpool (real name: Wade Wilson) has been depicted as a passionate and garrulous/loudmouth superhero whose cells can regenerate, rendering him invincible (though he has to actually get shot/injured so we actually see this nifty extraordinary 'power').

Deadpool is the perfect American character, complete with bravado and magic, which is why he reminds me of both The Greatest American Hero and Darkman.

Deadpool is also very 'custom-made' which is why you can generate lots of fun 'fan-fics' about him. That's why I wanted to present a Deadpool story about our iconic offbeat comic book superhero dealing with some unusual evil under TrumpUSA in the populism-flavored U.S. cities of Boston and L.A.

Enjoy!

====

Wade Wilson looked at his Disney wrist-watch. It was 11 a.m. on Sunday, April 22 [2018]. Wade (aka, 'Deapool') decided that he wanted to rid the world of evil but only by working in Boston and LA. Therefore, Deadpool decided to hop on a plane and fly to Boston (he was currently in Miami, Florida). Deadpool arrived in Boston and began his usual offbeat urban detective-work. He picked up a copy of the Boston Herald and began reading about the city's attitudes about 'TrumpUSA.' He noticed a special anti-TrumpUSA protest was being planned at Harvard Square. Deadpool wanted to be there!

Deadpool arrived at Harvard Square on the day of the protest, and he realized there were multiple individuals wearing ski-masks at the anti-TrumpUSA rally. He nabbed one of these ski-masked individuals and pulled him aside and asked him (at gunpoint) who he was really working for, and the ghoul explained he was working for a foreign crimelord who went by the name of White Mask (WM). According to the ghoul, WM was planning to create a special narcotics operation between Boston an LA and use the profits to fund a black-market munitions operation in Europe leading up to the World Cup soccer tournament in Russia. Deadpool put 2 and 2 together and deduced that WM wanted to catalyze a nuclear war at the Moscow World Cup that summer!

Deadpool hopped on a plane again and landed in LA. He began touring the more seedy night-clubs of the city to get a taste of the underworld flavor of the populism-rich U.S. city. Deadpool learned that there was much pluralism-traffic in the modern underworld (ethnic groups of all kinds!). Deadpool knew WM would exploit this fact to create a high-traffic narcotics-driven profit-pyramid to fund his nuclear plot. "If the World Cup in Moscow is a nuclear disaster, TrumpUSA will look like a joke!" Deadpool/Wade muttered to himself. It seemed to Deadpool that WM wanted to create a nuclear 'skirmish' at the World Cup to make people cynical about the success of the peace-promotional Winter Olympics in South Korea [2018] which saw a profitable 'political-alliance' between democratic South Korea and incendiary/nuclear North Korea.

"If WM can unnerve world leaders about the Moscow World Cup with this nuclear 'scheme,' they'll be less willing to cite the success of the South Korea Winter Olympics this year as a 'peace-initiative'!" Deadpool told himself. Deadpool correctly concluded that WM (White Mask) was not only a crime-master but also a devious political subverter! Deadpool decided that WM must be hiding in LA somewhere (perhaps in some abandoned warehouse he was using as a temporary 'lair') to plot his 2018 global-subversion 'scheme.'

DEADPOOL: So you're the Boston/Los-Angeles 'funny-man.'
WHITE MASK: Just call me White Mask, will ya?
DEADPOOL: Do you think I'm a fool?
WHITE MASK: I think you're an idealist...
DEADPOOL: There's nothing intelligent about terrorism.
WHITE MASK: Really? It seems capitalism is generating a bit of 'nifty anti-social poetry.'
DEADPOOL: Well, movies and music-videos are entertaining, but politics is serious.
WHITE MASK: That's funny coming from a vigilante-loudmouth, Deadpool...
DEADPOOL: You don't know me!
WHITE MASK: Well, maybe not, but I understand Boston and LA.
DEADPOOL: Boston and Los Angeles boast great schools (Harvard and UCLA).
WHITE MASK: That's why I'm here, right?
DEADPOOL: Don't be flippant, psycho!!
WHITE MASK: I'm not a psycho, man; I'm a messenger and prophet.
DEADPOOL: You're trying to catalyze a nuclear holocaust!
WHITE MASK: So what? Didn't you spray my 'minions' with machine-gun fire?
DEADPOOL: You have to fight fire with fire, White Mask, and you're no prophet...
WHITE MASK: What am I then?
DEADPOOL: Like I said...you're a psycho!
WHITE MASK: I bet you $1000 that there are 1000 crazy Americans whining about TrumpUSA in pubs.
DEADPOOL: And you're the answer to their sickly prayers?
WHITE MASK: How can you defy my nuclear scheme when you yourself use outlaw-tactics and violence?
DEADPOOL: I use a machine-gun to shut people up; I don't use weapons-of-mass-destruction as insults.
WHITE MASK: You burst into one of my fortresses and sprayed 30 of my soldiers with bullets.
DEADPOOL: Perhaps my tactics are not 'angelic' White Mask, but the World Cup is sacred...
WHITE MASK: So, you're merely trying to uphold the sanctity of soccer.
DEADPOOL: What's wrong with international soccer? Girls love it!
WHITE MASK: Look, I'm not going to debate with you about the 'wits of WMDs.'
DEADPOOL: In that case, let's fight...
WHITE MASK: You will lose.
DEADPOOL: We'll see.
WHITE MASK: You may be invincible, but I have history on my side!
DEADPOOL: God is on my side, and God reminds me to pray for the meek.
WHITE MASK: If I win, Deadpool, Earth will become my Microsoft laboratory...
DEADPOOL: I wish you lots of bad luck.

====

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.