in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,470 books
 New: 224 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Can't Download - Resetting Download Limits

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

topic icon Author Topic: Can't Download - Resetting Download Limits  (Read 111592 times)

slawsonc

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: slawsonc
message icon
Re: Bandwidth troubles
« Reply #300 on: March 24, 2010, 10:28:27 AM »

Thanks. Will do. Not sure if it makes a difference but the time allotted for me still set to Zero after checking my user CP. Tried to get past the error messages to download more than one comic but can't seem to get past the error messages. I'll wait until that one is complete. No issue at this time.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #301 on: March 24, 2010, 03:10:43 PM »

Thanks. Will do. Not sure if it makes a difference but the time allotted for me still set to Zero after checking my user CP. Tried to get past the error messages to download more than one comic but can't seem to get past the error messages. I'll wait until that one is complete. No issue at this time.

Safer to download one file at a time.

B.
ip icon Logged

bakerman3

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bakerman3
message icon
« Reply #302 on: March 25, 2010, 05:59:31 AM »

So has the site been down all day today?  I've been trying off and on for the last few hours and it's completely gone with just some error messages on the home page.

Even this messageboard was down until I just tried it.

Can anyone enlighten as to what's going on?
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #303 on: March 25, 2010, 06:19:37 AM »

I've asked the same thing in new thread :)
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #304 on: March 25, 2010, 09:38:14 PM »

I'm in the dark as much as anyone.
ip icon Logged

markpoe

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: markpoe
message icon
« Reply #305 on: March 29, 2010, 05:16:42 PM »

Could you check your database for me please?

I have not been able to download anything in weeks. I registered last year in October so I don't think I would be a newbie would I? I've downloaded several comics. I have none to upload but I have donated once. Never got an acknowledgment from you that you received it but PayPal shows I did. (See below) I tried a second time gut it did not seem to go through. I tried to re-register but that does not work either.

Here's the latest error message I've gotten just today:

mySQL query error: SELECT g.ID_GROUP, g.groupName,
                                                                                u.ID_MEMBER,u.memberName,u.ID_GROUP,u.ID_POST_GROUP,
                                                                                u.passwd, u.emailAddress
                                                               FROM `smf_members` u
                                                               LEFT JOIN `smf_membergroups` g ON (g.ID_GROUP=u.ID_GROUP)
                                                               WHERE u.memberName='markpoe'

mySQL error: Table 'talkinj1_download1.smf_members' doesn't exist

Proof of donation:

Date: Monday 29th 2010f March 2010 10:07:00 AM

Thanks,

PayPal logo   Oct. 15, 2009 08:21:38 PDT
Transaction ID: 0W387067C7442512V
Hello Mega Graphics,

You sent a payment of $10.00 USD to Ian Roynon

It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Merchant
xxxx xxxxx
   Instructions to merchant
You haven't entered any instructions.

Description   Unit price   Qty   Amount
Support GoldenAgeComics.co.uk
   $10.00 USD   1   $10.00 USD
Subtotal   $10.00 USD
Total   $10.00 USD
Payment   $10.00 USD

« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 05:56:18 PM by narfstar »
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

message icon
« Reply #306 on: March 29, 2010, 05:45:35 PM »

"Newbie" indicates only the number of posts you made and nothing else, and I believe the "promotion" numbers are set in the general software and not under the control of this site in particular. 

The contribution that you made last October, went to the previous site owner -- that doesn't mean you shouldn't have gotten (get) VIP status for it, it simply means there is no way in particular Janus would have known to grant it to you.  Note VIP status is separate from the newbie, etc, labels.

In any case, the site is currently suffering from errors as you've seen so no one is currently DLing anything.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #307 on: March 29, 2010, 05:46:36 PM »

Maybe we need a sticky "Site is Down" topic here, too, since not everybody is scrolling down to the see the Help section announcement.

(|:{>
ip icon Logged

markpoe

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: markpoe
message icon
« Reply #308 on: March 29, 2010, 05:57:30 PM »

Thanks for the update. I can log in here but can't log in to the site let alone download. I will check back later.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #309 on: March 29, 2010, 09:26:29 PM »

Maybe we need a sticky "Site is Down" topic here, too, since not everybody is scrolling down to the see the Help section announcement.

It looks like narf has that covered! In spades!
ip icon Logged

teto7totoro

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #310 on: March 30, 2010, 01:35:23 AM »

Thanks for the information.
I kept trying to log into the main site to download some comics and was starting to freak out!!

Many thanks to everyone who scanned Picture News (Now if I can just download 'em)!! ^_^

Take Care,

Jeff ^_^ (aka Teto7Totoro)
ip icon Logged

pac2107

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: pac2107
message icon
« Reply #311 on: March 30, 2010, 06:19:35 PM »

i joined two weeks ago, and it still says i have zero bandwidth. i haven't downloaded a single comic!
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #312 on: March 30, 2010, 06:24:21 PM »

i joined two weeks ago, and it still says i have zero bandwidth. i haven't downloaded a single comic!

I wish you had checked in after you joined  :-\  but welcome! One of the mods will fix you up shortly -- keep in mind that there are other issues with the download site for now that a tech is working on, so if you cannot download right away, the matter will be resolved.

B.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #313 on: March 30, 2010, 06:26:26 PM »

As of this writing, I was able to login to the download site and download a file. YMMV.

B.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #314 on: March 30, 2010, 06:40:16 PM »

As of this writing, I was able to login to the download site and download a file. YMMV.

B.

YAY!
And kudos for your (obviously) persistent trials.

ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #315 on: March 30, 2010, 06:51:38 PM »

B.

YAY!
And kudos for your (obviously) persistent trials.

Thanks Jim. Just trying to help out in these whirlwind days.  :)

B.
ip icon Logged

Janus Wolf

message icon
« Reply #316 on: March 30, 2010, 07:06:16 PM »

i guess you all beat me to it.....i thought it was important to fix this, while we upgrade.

Janus
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #317 on: March 30, 2010, 07:29:27 PM »

i guess you all beat me to it.....i thought it was important to fix this, while we upgrade.

Janus

That boox is really on top of things, Janus,
and, yeah, I think it was pretty important, too. Thanks.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

greenhell

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: greenhell
message icon
Can't Download - Resetting Download Limits
« Reply #318 on: March 31, 2010, 03:43:15 AM »

Whenever I try to download anything it says I have exceeded my limit, even though I haven't been on this site for quite some time. I noticed it seems to be a common problem that has to be manually reset somehow. Is there any way I can do this or does it have to be done by someone else?
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
Re: Can't Download - Resetting Download Limits
« Reply #319 on: March 31, 2010, 03:57:34 AM »

Okay Mr. hell, your monthly allotment of 200mb is set.
ip icon Logged

greenhell

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: greenhell
message icon
Re: Can't Download - Resetting Download Limits
« Reply #320 on: March 31, 2010, 04:12:29 AM »

Thanks!
ip icon Logged

slawsonc

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: slawsonc
message icon
« Reply #321 on: March 31, 2010, 08:58:59 AM »

Yes, that is great news. Very happy to see the site is back up and running. KUDOS to all.  One issue, it is past Monday and was wondering when we would get our accounts renewed. Still a Newbie and only get the 200 MB per week. Don't want to lose out on my weekly limit. That is until you guys tell me it is ok to make the donations and get a higher status.  Thanks
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #322 on: March 31, 2010, 01:14:47 PM »

For the first time in what seems like ages, I was able to log in and successfully download a file. Congrats all round. This site is a belter when everything is working.  Great work.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #323 on: March 31, 2010, 02:43:51 PM »

Yes, that is great news. Very happy to see the site is back up and running. KUDOS to all.  One issue, it is past Monday and was wondering when we would get our accounts renewed. Still a Newbie and only get the 200 MB per week. Don't want to lose out on my weekly limit. That is until you guys tell me it is ok to make the donations and get a higher status.  Thanks

Janus is not requiring donations -- he actually would rather people did not donate at the moment. However, if you do donate, please specify the address in my signature (also found in Narf's and Astaldo's) so that your funds go to Janus and not to the former owner. After receiving your donation, Janus manually will upgrade your status to VIP...however, again, he is not actually encouraging donations.

B.
ip icon Logged

Adamant

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Adamant
message icon
« Reply #324 on: March 31, 2010, 05:30:47 PM »

The site is working all right,, but my limits are all at 0, and the "time remaining" meters are both at "0 Days, 0 Hours, 0 Minutes". I haven't downloaded anything from the site for months, so what's up with that?
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.