in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Restoration Project, Moon Girl

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Restoration Project, Moon Girl  (Read 494 times)

beardedinlair

message icon
Restoration Project, Moon Girl
« on: March 18, 2020, 11:11:14 AM »

Is this something people might want done? Is it something that has been done before?
https://imgur.com/gallery/hNT8hdd
ip icon Logged

Andrew999

message icon
Re: Restoration Project, Moon Girl
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2020, 06:12:09 PM »

That looks tremendous - I don't know if it's been done before but I would love to see more restoration work along these lines.

But why stop there? Why not use your exceptional talent to reinvent old characters and place them in new story settings?
ip icon Logged

beardedinlair

message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 04:04:36 AM »

Good questions. First, I'm not a good writer, to the point I'm offering a skill trade to writers, I will draw anything  in return for turning my game mechanics something readable. Secondly, I'm an inker, I'm using the blurry images as pencils, basically. The two things are related, I don't have the right kind of imagination to write things or design things, but I know how things are supposed to look.
I'm going to keep at it, 'cause it's fun, but it takes me a a whole day to do a page, maybe 2 days. Got any pages you'd like done?
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 04:33:44 AM »

No, but there are a number of comics here that were originally saved in microfiche.
The word "microfiche" is based on the French word fiche, which means "index card". Microfiche is a piece of microfilm, typically 105mm wide which is cut to 148mm long or about 4" x 6".
Jacketed fiche, is a special kind of fiche that is made from 16mm wide microfilm roll film. 

Maybe somebody on the site who is more familiar with individual issues than I am, could recommend a whole issue, something that we have only in that format, and something rare, and maybe you could convert the whole isssue. If you were willing, of course. 

Nice Work.   
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.