in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 193 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

What happened to Yoc?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

topic icon Author Topic: What happened to Yoc?  (Read 13234 times)

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
Re: What happened to Yoc?
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2010, 02:43:06 PM »

I have been a member of a couple of on-line communities, and brush-ups tend to happen.  I think it is because of the wide variety of communication styles and the limitations in the format.  People often perceive slights where none were intended, and these things can spiral for the worse.

Janus, thank you for the information. People's imaginations can run amok in a void.
ip icon Logged

bbbrown

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2010, 04:31:27 PM »

Actually Yoc was a VIP before being admin and I was always admin as far as I know, certainly the JVJ group never existed before I was admin so someone had to choose to put me in that group same as they did for our last previous admin Zog. The explanation if one is ever forthcoming will be interesting. You are on your own for the time being guys, Yoc and I are on holiday.

Glad to see a post by you Aussie.  I had been beginning to wonder about you again.
ip icon Logged

bbbrown

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2010, 04:43:39 PM »

Don't want to quote your whole message Janus, but believe me I understand some of the problems you mentioned.  Experienced some of them a long time ago and others recently.  When I first got into the comic scene online I thought it would be different than other things I had been involved with, but it has ended up being the hobby with the most problems between people.  Some of the feuds have been going on so long that the participants don't even really remember what started it all.

And for running a site, I completely understand keeping the admin to just 1 or 2 people who know the system and what is what about all parts of it.  A lot easier to keep track of changes and who broke what if the duties are separated.

Donations...well they can be so complicated I wouldn't even try to discuss them.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.