in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,174 books
 New: 243 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Bandwidth Not Reseting?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Bandwidth Not Reseting?  (Read 5570 times)

dc4mec

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: dc4mec
message icon
Bandwidth Not Reseting?
« on: March 12, 2010, 07:46:38 PM »

I am NOT a newbie. I registered about 2 years ago. But, I haven't downloaded in a while.

I changed my password today. Was able to login with no problem. But, when I try to download, I get a message that says I have exceeded my limit. But, when I go to my User CP area, this is what is posted:

Information

Downloaded:   0 Downloaded
Uploaded:   0 Uploaded

Your Download Limits
This section shows the limits the admin has imposed on you for downloading files. The bandwidth limit is the total size allowed for all of your downloads. The file limits show the total number of files you are allowed to download. The times show how long you have before these limits expire or are reset. If either of your limits reaches zero you will not be able to download files.

Reset limits is off. When either of your limits reach zero you will not be allowed to download any more files.

Remaining bandwidth:   0 B remaining
Bandwidth time remaining:   0 Days, 0 Hours, 0 Minutes
Files remaining:   0 files remaining
Files time remaining:   0 Days, 0 Hours, 0 Minutes

I'm using both Firefox and Safari on a Mac. Please help! THANKS!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 08:00:43 PM by dc4mec »
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Bandwidth Not Reseting?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 09:03:10 PM »

You'll have to be manually reset. When you are you will have your 20 downloads for the month.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 11:23:36 PM »

you have been reset dc4mec
ip icon Logged

dc4mec

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 01:50:28 AM »

Thanks!

So, does this mean that every month I will need to be manually reset? And, is this something I need to request to happen? And, if so, to whom do I send my request? This message area?

I've downloaded here before, but without bandwith restrictions, so this in new to me.

Absolutely not complaining...and I think this is the best site on the planet...I just don't want to cause anyone any hassles (especially if the path to follow is really something I can do on my own...or, if like the bell on the Oz door, "is as plain as the nose on my face!").

Maybe I just need a "User's Manual." But, I may be too old to learn it...any help you can give to an aging (yet, forever young) funny book fan would be extremely welcome.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 02:23:12 AM »

It is basically me right now. Hopefully Janus will get things automated soon. With the number of people willing to donate he should be able to get enough to pay a coder. One way to fix things is to contribute some scans or money soon. You can become a VIP and back to unlimited downloads.
ip icon Logged

dc4mec

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Bandwidth Not Resetting?
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 05:12:40 AM »

Well...I got nuthin' to upload. If'n I did, I would. In fact, that's why I'm here.

So, what about $$ donations? How much is enuff? How much to get you VIP? How much to get you to pauper? I've read in many places on these pages that a user's bandwidth restriction was 200mb every 24 hours. But, that doesn't jive with what your're saying. You say I get 20 downloads /month. Which is cool. I have no problem with that. In fact, I'm extremely happy with it!

I swear, I love this site...and that's no lie...but, I'm at a loss about what I'm supposed to bring to the prom in order to get the father's approval.

Dig?
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Bandwidth Not Resetting?
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 06:40:22 AM »

Well...I got nuthin' to upload. If'n I did, I would. In fact, that's why I'm here.

So, what about $$ donations? How much is enuff? How much to get you VIP? How much to get you to pauper? I've read in many places on these pages that a user's bandwidth restriction was 200mb every 24 hours. But, that doesn't jive with what your're saying. You say I get 20 downloads /month. Which is cool. I have no problem with that. In fact, I'm extremely happy with it!

I swear, I love this site...and that's no lie...but, I'm at a loss about what I'm supposed to bring to the prom in order to get the father's approval.

Dig?

Now you understand why it is important to regularly read and contribute to the forum.  Serj, he left. Janus, he came in. Server boom, server bandages, server crash, server rebuilt, server bugs and gremlins. Yoc gone  :'(  Narf still here  :D but Janus alone to fix bugs  :-[

Although it is easy for me to say, being a VIP, but we all will just have to wait while things are sorted out. Janus will most likely have a new policy, but I became a VIP with a $10 contribution, although I went on to pour at least $200 worth of donations into the site because I believe in the importance of having this here as a resource for all Golden Age geeks.
ip icon Logged

dc4mec

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 06:51:09 AM »

You stay a Newbie until you post 50 messages on this here board.

Well...
ip icon Logged

dc4mec

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2010, 06:52:15 AM »

I'll
ip icon Logged

dc4mec

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2010, 06:52:45 AM »

do
ip icon Logged

dc4mec

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 06:53:14 AM »

my
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

dc4mec

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 07:04:44 AM »

No...no...no....PLEASE...don't want to offend..honest.

I've just been a fan so freakin' long that it seems silly to post a bunch of notes that don't mean boo or squat just so that I can say I sent 50, or whatever, useless things to a bunch of folks who don't know me from yada.

But, ya know...I think this site is a worthwhile thing. And, if I gotta be a boo or squat...well, then so be it, By Crom!

So, just how much does Crom cost, anyway?
ip icon Logged

dc4mec

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2010, 07:19:25 AM »

Zounds! The Ghods* are against me! Whist I was making merriment with yon fannish ones, my rating went from "0" to "-1." And, all I was trying to do was have a little fun reading some old funny books!

* That is using the fannish "H"...in case you didn't know. Ghod Bless you, Bhob Stewart!
ip icon Logged

dc4mec

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 07:40:18 AM »

My Mom always said, "Nothing good can ever come from you reading those funny books."

Sigh. Guess she was right...
ip icon Logged

dc4mec

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2010, 07:44:14 AM »

Do you think that if you talk to yourself it's OK..or that it's just weird if you answer yourself?
ip icon Logged

dc4mec

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2010, 07:45:41 AM »

I wonder how you get the negative thingy removed from your Karma thingy?
ip icon Logged

dc4mec

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2010, 08:12:09 AM »

I bought my first comic book in 1958 (and I bought it myself with my own hard-earned dime, too!). It was a Dell issue of "Comic Album" that featured Popeye. I loved it then, and I love it now. As far as I am concerned, Bud Sagendorf was a freakin' genius!

Later, I discovered Superman (via SM Annual #5...still, my favorite comic book of all time) and from there I went on to Adam Strange, the Atom (got 2 letters published, too), Flash, Hawkman (Ghod, was he the greatest, or what?), Daredevil, Captain America, Captain Atom, Blue Beetle, THUNDER Agents, the Spirit, REX (the most incredible Wonder Dog of all time), Flash Gordon, Creepy, Eerie, EC...man, it goes on forever!

I was always intrigued by the Golden Age books. I could have bought a nice copy of ACTION #1 in 1964 for about $75...but, it might as well have been a million at the time. And, so it is...today!

The coolest thing about this site is that I can now READ the comics I can NEVER OWN. That's pretty amazing, IMO. So, it doesn't matter to me if I can download 50mb or 500mb or 5,000mb.

I don't think I can keep this up for 50. You kids have fun, OK?
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2010, 08:25:46 AM »

I don't think I can keep this up for 50. You kids have fun, OK?

Your post is perfectly valid for the site, but how about posting it in a proper section that has something to do with it? You are spamming without really intending to.

B.
ip icon Logged

dc4mec

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2010, 08:28:38 AM »

Sorry. I didn't mean to intrude. It won't happen again.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 08:32:51 AM »

Sorry. I didn't mean to intrude. It won't happen again.

I don't know why I feel like the scolding nerd tonight.  ???  But we really should try to keep the craziness cohesive for Janus and Narf to make their jobs easier.

B.
ip icon Logged

dc4mec

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2010, 08:57:51 AM »

I don't know why I feel like the scolding nerd tonight.

Well, me neither. After all, I was the one who started this thread. I thought I knew what we were talking about. And, in a somewhat comic-book sort of way, it seemed like some of us were having a conversation with one another. I kinda thought it was going OK.

But, apparently not.

Didn't mean to make you upset...or rock the boat...or stir the pot...or whatever it is that I did. I won't be causing you a problem again.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 09:00:36 AM by dc4mec »
ip icon Logged

NightRelic

message icon
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2010, 09:25:58 AM »

Hi,
I'm having the same problem as dc4mec. I haven't been to the site in a while and my bandwidth won't reset, so I guess I need a manual reset too. Can someone please help me?

Thanks,
Dave
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2010, 04:08:48 PM »

I don't know why I feel like the scolding nerd tonight.

Well, me neither. After all, I was the one who started this thread. I thought I knew what we were talking about. And, in a somewhat comic-book sort of way, it seemed like some of us were having a conversation with one another. I kinda thought it was going OK.

But, apparently not.

Didn't mean to make you upset...or rock the boat...or stir the pot...or whatever it is that I did. I won't be causing you a problem again.

But if you don't cause problems, how will I swoop in to point them out?  ;D ;D ;D

Thicken up sir, and don't stop posting when you have something to say, just be prepared that others will comment on it and might not give you a gold star.

B.  :)
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.