in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,816 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

VIP - How to get it - and what features do you want from it?

Pages: 1 [2]

topic icon Author Topic: VIP - How to get it - and what features do you want from it?  (Read 9941 times)

bchat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bchat
message icon
Re: VIP - How to get it - and what features do you want from it?
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 05:17:26 PM »

Please be careful as some of these sites contain some adult illustrations and some people may be offended, or be too young to access.

I found these links quicker than I thought , so, here goes:-  for Diabolik ( including on line comics to read
www.diabolik.it

For Kriminal and Magnus ( who didn't do nearly enough issues) there are 3 sites with sections on the best villain costume ever

www.jahsonic.com/Kriminal.html

www.ubcfumetti.com/magnus/Italiano/kriminal.htm

www.uppers.org/showArticle.asp?article=458

Some other Italian characters I have in my collection, including Sadik, can be found at

www.masinogiovanni.com/index.htm
(go to fumetti page

bchat, you mention Vampire.  Don't know if you mean the Italian heroine AZ10 Vampir.  If so, she appeared in Diabolik size comics in the 60's.  Title changed to Vampir - la figlia del mistero around #5 or 6

Regarding Vampire/Vampir:  I've seen the Australian version.

I did find something with Kriminal yesterday (not a site so I don't feel right posting a link).  I was interested to learn & see more about this character because his costume is similar to Hillman's (early) Nightmare.  While I can't read Italian (I could use a translator program but that takes time), I did flip through one story and was amazed at how violent it was (Kriminal is definitely NOT a hero).
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 12:33:58 PM by bchat »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2010, 01:07:20 PM »

Definately no hero and the Italian government of the time came down hard on the title and a lot of others.
The violence was toned down and much later in a long run there slowly evolved a more ambivalent side to Kriminals actions - but he's never going to gain hero status.  What a great villain.
Didn't know about an Australian version.  I'd be seriously interested in more info. if anyone can help.
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bchat
message icon
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 01:23:44 PM »

Didn't know about an Australian version.  I'd be seriously interested in more info. if anyone can help.

All I've seen about the Australian Vampire is a single image ...

... and the little bit of information available at The Golden Age Hero Directory.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 05:48:46 PM »

O.K. thanks, that's another one to add to my list (and thanks also for the tip on that directory) but it's not the Italian one.  Still can't figure out how to put an illo. into a reply. I found the button but I'm concerned about swamping the page accidentally with a too big pic.
AZ 10 Vampir is a secret agent whose i.d is not revealed.  She dresses in a black, skintight suit with bare shoulders; a domino mask and has long blonde hair.  The back up strip in some issues is The Gentleman Thief - a masked, robin hood  character in top hat and tails.  (Lots more like him)
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2010, 05:39:35 PM »

For information on obtaining VIP status, please consult the GAC F.A.Q.

Boox909
GAC Admin Team
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 [2]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.