in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

MY COMIC ART MURAL

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: MY COMIC ART MURAL  (Read 544 times)

Jetstone

message icon
MY COMIC ART MURAL
« on: November 16, 2020, 12:27:37 AM »

This is a non profit mural done in a local coffee house as part of a block party to raise funds for a brain surgery patient (who happened to be a comic art instructor ).
The coffee house has showcased artists to paint their works in their "LOO GALLERY ", a 10 ft x 10 ft bathroom.
I did a mural in there ten years ago. This one was of subject matter requested by the honoree.

I have been doing free lance illustration for the past 30 years , mostly ink and brush for tee shirts and publications and posters for restuarants.
I will post more later. This was a particular favorite project and was executed last October.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: MY COMIC ART MURAL
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 12:55:28 AM »

Impressive.

You have really captured Kirby's Energy.

Don't know how relaxed I would be using that loo. [Joking!]
ip icon Logged

Jetstone

message icon
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 11:25:13 PM »

Thanks very much, panther... the Glactus and Sue were tracings blown up from FF #48 with an overhead projector. The rest is me. The huge size allows you to zoom in and handle the line quality easier than Kirby could with an 11x14 board. I intentionally didn't share the other wall that has a goofy looking S Srfr. In fact I had penciled the srfr a dozen times before I remembered he didn't have ears !! It was titled "The Jack Kirby tribute mural" Trying to make it clear it was fair use non copyright violation inasmuch as it was not for money and was not reproduced... except for here ! Gulp
ip icon Logged

ikonimation

message icon
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 06:35:46 PM »

Wow I love your mural! So beautiful! And yes this gives me a Jack Kirby vibe which I love! I bet your own house is probably covered with your comic book murals  ;D

Would love to see more of your work. Post more whenever you get a chance.
ip icon Logged

Jetstone

message icon
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 12:38:18 AM »

Thanks for your kind compliments "IKE" (chuckle )... hope I didn't seem snobbish with this delayed reply.. haven't been in the forum in awhile.

I've got a piranha tank mural 6 feet by 2 feet that I've done 3 times for a crabhouse in Va.
That will be uploaded as soon as I whittle down a jpeg to fit. Visited your site. Always appreciate support.
ip icon Logged

ikonimation

message icon
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 04:09:30 PM »

Hi Jetstone,

IKE? LOL. I like that nickname  ;D

Yeah I'd love to see the piranha tank mural. Looking forward to the picture! And thanks for checking out my website, much appreciate it. I will also be making a post on this forum about my art and illustrations. I'll be posting that sometime soon.

Keep up the great work!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.