in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Watcha Watchin'?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 137

topic icon Author Topic: Watcha Watchin'?  (Read 715359 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Watcha Watchin'?
« on: April 11, 2010, 02:43:59 PM »

I finally got around to watching the last episode of Dollhouse. Interesting concluded series. It could have an annual movie like Alien Nation did which would be cool. I almost gave up on Dollhouse early on thinking it was going to be nearly the same show every time. Boy was I wrong as it developed into a visual novel that had a Beginning -middle- and end. I loved Stargate and Atlantis gave up on Universe as too dark. I guess the popularity of the dark Battlestar Galactica made them decide to go that direction. Not for me I did not like the new Galactica although I loved the old. I also gave up on Fringe.
ip icon Logged

arghhh

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: arghhh
message icon
Re: Watcha Watchin'?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 03:04:55 PM »

I'm a big Buffy and Dr. Horrible fan, but I don't have the desire to watch Dollhouse.I think the premise just doesn't appeal to me, though I might end up watching it for Dusku alone (hubba-hubba). ;D

Right now, I'm mixing Babylon 5 with Star Trek TNG, with Star Trek : Enterprise and saturday morning cartoons sprinkled on the top. :)
ip icon Logged

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 04:08:14 PM »

I'm a big Buffy and Dr. Horrible fan, but I don't have the desire to watch Dollhouse.I think the premise just doesn't appeal to me, though I might end up watching it for Dusku alone (hubba-hubba). ;D

If you think the premise is lame, that's what I thought before I watched it. If you think it's endorsing slavery, it isn't.

The only disappointment I had was it ended. Give it a try.  :)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 05:14:21 PM »

Dollhouse turned out much different that what the first season led you to believe. Like I said I about gave up on it but boy did the last season turn everything around and was really good scifi. I have been meaning to watch B5 again. Had not seen it since the original run.
ip icon Logged

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 03:02:53 PM »

Dollhouse turned out much different that what the first season led you to believe. Like I said I about gave up on it but boy did the last season turn everything around and was really good scifi. I have been meaning to watch B5 again. Had not seen it since the original run.

I watched the entire B5 run last year, it held up quite well.
ip icon Logged

darwination

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 03:16:57 PM »

I'm not much of a TV guy but admit to being totally enthralled by all things Lost.  This final season has been truly awesome.  I recently enjoyed watching the first couple seasons of Survivors from the BBC and watch Breaking Bad on AMC.  My wife likes the foodie and HGTV stuff, so I end up watching Good Eats and Iron Chef a few times a week too.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2010, 09:23:30 PM »

My weekly consumption includes --

New shows:
1) Life Unexpected
2) Supernatural
3) Vampire Diaries
4) Smallville

Syndicated:
Geo. Lopez
Bernie Mac
Everyone Loves Raymond

With the FIFA World Cup coming up in June, I will upgrade my cable service and more than likely get caught up on a ton of SF Channel.  ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

Janus Wolf

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 05:28:11 AM »

I watch Celebrity Apprentice, and Kim Possible, Cars, Ice Age, yes....I do have a toddler :)

Not sure if anyone heard of Christopher Hart - who wrote Cartoon Cool, but that is the kind of animation I like retro 50/60's. But which is pretty current with Kim Possible, and some of the new batman animation cartoons....
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 10:46:50 AM »

The new Doctor Who started here in Britain 2 weekends ago.  I like the new Doctor and some of you "hubba, hubba" guys might be impressed with the new assistant.  I watch very few USA shows and haven't seen any of those mentioned apart from Star Trek.  But I really enjoy The Mentalist and Leverage, (although Leverage is very good entertainment, it's a shade off the quality of the British show, Hustle, on which some of it is based.)  Anyway, Baseball has started and we also have an hours Aussie Rules highlights show, so very little time left. And IPL cricket has been on most days and I like to catch some of that.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 10:03:31 PM »

Hey Paw my wife and I watch Leverage together and really enjoy it. I have heard Hustle is better but never got around to trying it. I watch the Mentalist when I can to just enjoy.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 02:48:31 PM »

Narfstar, don't know where you are but the new Phantom show is on SY FY(is that how you spell it?)And I discoverd today that I have that channel on Virgin cable.  If you have access, and can find The Phantom, let me know, please.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 08:09:14 PM »

SyFy's website gives no info on an upcoming Phantom series. Sure hope their is one done well
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 12:48:18 AM »

I usually like to watch TV or movies on DVD but most of the shows my wife and I watch are dramas - House, Criminal Minds, Law & Order SVU, White Collar. I also like Hell's Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares. Not a big fan of reality TV but like those two.
For some reason, it really annoyed me when Sci-Fi changed its name to SyFy. Didi they think people couldn't figure out how to pronounce it so they had to spell it phonetically? "Hey, let's watch the new show on Sky-Fee!"
ip icon Logged

arghhh

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 12:28:19 PM »

The new Doctor Who started here in Britain 2 weekends ago.  I like the new Doctor and some of you "hubba, hubba" guys might be impressed with the new assistant.  I watch very few USA shows and haven't seen any of those mentioned apart from Star Trek.  But I really enjoy The Mentalist and Leverage, (although Leverage is very good entertainment, it's a shade off the quality of the British show, Hustle, on which some of it is based.)  Anyway, Baseball has started and we also have an hours Aussie Rules highlights show, so very little time left. And IPL cricket has been on most days and I like to catch some of that.

I was really taken by Mentalist, but I lost step somewhere around the beginning of the second season. :-\

Don't know about the new assistant, it's gonna be really hard to top off the last one...err...imdb-ing....Billie Piper, yeah. ;D
ip icon Logged

BobS

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: BobS
message icon
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 11:51:29 PM »

My wife and I are doing Netflix on our TV. (Our son has Wii.)

We're currently watching Dresden Files, which I'm really into.

My wife had a few days off work and watched the whole (so far) Weeds series.
(IMO Mary-Louise Parker is an incredibly sexy 40-something. I turn 60 in June.)

We're also fans of Lost -- I HATE the poor info / noise ratio for Lost tho.
Also we're watching V.
And I'm still watching Heroes, tho I've had to adjust downwards my expectations of the series.

Peace, Justice, Happiness, GOOD HEALTH,
Bob
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 12:05:22 AM »

I stopped watching Heroes the middle of the second season. I am enjoying Lost hope it ends sensible and they do not blow it.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 12:06:52 AM »

I stopped watching Heroes the middle of the second season. I am enjoying Lost hope it ends sensible and they do not blow it.

I'm with you Narf, I cannot comprehend how people enjoy that show. Its like a third rate X-Men in my book.  ;D ;D ;D
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2010, 06:27:02 PM »

Tried Heroes. Pretty poor.  Tonight in UK, White Collar starts.  So we'll give it a try.  Saw the Dalek Doctor Who episode Saturday and while it was enoyable, there were holes big enough to drive a bus through.  And the new Daleks?  Weird.  Hope I get used to them.  I sense a marketing ploy here.  The old versions looked really scary, I thought.  These new designs look like bulky, technicolour, steroid powered toys.
ip icon Logged

BobS

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2010, 03:16:53 AM »

Another show my wife and I watch together is Ghost Whisperer.
Bob
ip icon Logged

arghhh

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2010, 09:41:51 PM »

I'm into the third season of Babylon 5, and I'm having a religious expirience with this show.

I have never before seen such awesome eclecticism of spiritual ideas, legends and beliefs, executed with such optimism and in such irreverent spite of prevalent real life expectation that bad stuff should overrun every ray of light and hope.

Last time I felt something like this, I was 7 and watching Star Wars. ;D
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 03:16:49 PM »

Holy macaroni!  Babylon 5 was a while ago.  I loved that show.  Entertainment, action, good characters, great spaceships, glamour.
I watched the first episode of White Collar last week and it was very enjoyable, without having to think too much. And as episode 2 is on here tonight, my wife and I have kept aside an hour and a glass of wine each to sit down and be entertained.
Just ended in U.K is Foyle's War, these last 3 stories being set immediately after the end of W.W.2.  As usual, not only do we have a crime, or crimes, but a lot of good social comment on those times.  Well written and acted with the excellent Michael Kitchen as Foyle.
If you're in U.K. you'll know about this series, if elsewhere, try to track it down. I don't think you'll regret it.
ip icon Logged

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 08:50:20 PM »

Holy macaroni!  Babylon 5 was a while ago.  I loved that show.  Entertainment, action, good characters, great spaceships, glamour.
I watched the first episode of White Collar last week and it was very enjoyable, without having to think too much. And as episode 2 is on here tonight, my wife and I have kept aside an hour and a glass of wine each to sit down and be entertained.
Just ended in U.K is Foyle's War, these last 3 stories being set immediately after the end of W.W.2.  As usual, not only do we have a crime, or crimes, but a lot of good social comment on those times.  Well written and acted with the excellent Michael Kitchen as Foyle.
If you're in U.K. you'll know about this series, if elsewhere, try to track it down. I don't think you'll regret it.

I used to watch your "Spooks" (retitled MI-6 in the Americas) when it was on PBS.
ip icon Logged

BobS

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #22 on: May 04, 2010, 10:49:37 PM »

The British Edge of Darkness mini-series is one of my favorites.
Bob
ip icon Logged

CharlieRock

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2010, 05:04:51 AM »

Now, I don't have cable so many of my responses will be DVD or Netflix (Instant). The series I have been watching most recently have been Teen Titans, Batman:TAS, Superman: TAS, the Tick, and Quark. Movies I just got finished watching were (personal rating in parenthesis): Alice In Wunderland (***), and Repo: the Genetic Opera (****).
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2010, 09:26:34 AM »

I have heard that Repo was so bad no one liked it. Apparently not so. Of course all tastes are different and you must usually judge for yourself
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 137

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.