in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,818 books
 New: 193 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Watcha Watchin'?

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 137

topic icon Author Topic: Watcha Watchin'?  (Read 716054 times)

Menticide

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Watcha Watchin'?
« Reply #1300 on: August 13, 2012, 11:36:48 AM »

We have several artists in our mix. Perhaps you can collaborate

I'd be more than happy to talk with anyone that is interested, I even have a number of finished scripts featuring different golden age characters that are in the public domain:

Zanzibar the Magician (Fox)
The Bird Man (Fox)
Bill Wayne the Texas Terror (Lev Gleason)
Solarman (Centaur)
Crom the Barbarian (Avon)
The Sentinel (Centaur)

As well as many original creations of my own...
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1301 on: August 16, 2012, 10:32:43 AM »

We saw the 1st episode of Person of Interest, last night.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.  Traces of Bourne and Near Death and none the worse for that.  Castle is finished here and no new Body of Proof for a while so POI will keep us going.  Keep missing Leverage as it's on an odd channel and we keep forgetting about it.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1302 on: August 16, 2012, 02:04:50 PM »

I enjoy POI. It gets at its best when the character who is a teacher is introduced. I do not want to give anything away so I will leave it at that
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #1303 on: August 16, 2012, 09:05:14 PM »

The last few days...

ROCK & ROLL HIGH SCHOOL
BLAZING SADDLES
ANIMAL HOUSE
YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN
SILENT MOVIE
ip icon Logged

macsnafu

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1304 on: August 17, 2012, 03:39:52 AM »

The first season of Maverick, the TV show, from '57-'58, with James Garner and Jack Kelly.  Also, the first season of the Perry Mason TV show, also from 1957.

ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #1305 on: August 19, 2012, 11:20:57 PM »

The last few days...

HIGH ANXIETY
HISTORY OF THE WORLD PART I
ONCE UPON A TIME IN AMERICA
TO BE OR NOT TO BE
THE PUBLIC ENEMY
I AM A FUGITIVE FROM A CHAIN GANG
TO BE OR NOT TO BE
  (1942)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1306 on: August 19, 2012, 11:37:01 PM »

Paw, or anyone else, are you watching the UK Sinbad series? I watched the first episode and it was pretty good.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1307 on: August 20, 2012, 01:26:36 PM »

No.  First I've heard of it but I'm not very up to date, and neither is our telly.  I'll watch out for it.
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #1308 on: August 20, 2012, 10:18:46 PM »

One of our movie channels recently aired "Thunderbird 6" from about 1968. Hadn't seen any of the Anderson's "Supermarionation" stuff for a long time. The effects were really pretty good for the time, and seeing some of the characters in their "Mod" gear was a blast. "Leverage" keeps getting better- I very much approve of their move to Portland (OR). "Falling Skies " has been very well-written this season. The characters have matured a bit and become less predictable and even dangerous. The new plot elements kept this season rolling right along and set us up for a great season finale. Loved "The Closer" finale- even though the show has been reincarnated as "Major Crimes", it just won't be as fun without Sedgewick! Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1309 on: August 21, 2012, 01:13:52 AM »

I hated the season finally for Falling Skies BECAUSE IT WAS THE SEASON FINALE. It is going to kill my wife and I to wait for the next episode.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:53:25 AM by narfstar »
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #1310 on: August 21, 2012, 01:54:36 AM »

Caught the first episode of the new BBC America series Copper last night- about an 1860's NYC police detective.  Pretty gritty stuff.  Will be hanging around for more.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

Chris1963

message icon
« Reply #1311 on: August 21, 2012, 07:10:55 AM »

I've just recently subscribed to Netflix (UK version) and Lovefilm which is a similar service.
I just started watching the Sarah Silverman Program. I've never seen the show before, I don't think I've even  heard of her until now. I'm Really enjoying the show, she is quite funny.
I'm also re-watching Southpark, Only Fools And Horses, Blackadder and Red Dwarf as well as the Sherlock Holmes Series.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1312 on: August 21, 2012, 04:13:11 PM »

Tonight, the 2nd. episode of Person of Interest.
New Tricks . The new series without James Bolam should air soon with Denis Lawson coming in as the new bloke. But Amanda Redman has said she is leaving, so all up in the air again.
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #1313 on: August 21, 2012, 10:22:25 PM »

You're right Joe. "Copper" is quite gritty, but I want to see more! Glad to hear about a new season for "New Tricks", Paw, but without Bolam and Redman it just won't be the same. I don't get to see "Person of Interest" very often, but have enjoyed the episodes I have seen. Caviezel is perfect for the role- I think he's highly underrated as an actor. He was on a speaking tour a few years ago and was a guest-speaker at our church. Gave his views on life, faith and how they both complimented and conflicted with his work. Interesting man! Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1314 on: August 22, 2012, 08:25:18 AM »

Now that's the sort of insight I don't normally get as I wouldn't normally look into an actors "other" life.  Thank you.
Also last night we found a new (to us) Leverage, a fun one set in the Venezuelan Embassy.  Good entertainment.
And you're so right re. New Tricks.  We'll try it but we are worried.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1315 on: August 22, 2012, 08:57:41 AM »

Christians believe that they are all part of the same family. So few actors express Christianity that it makes those that do special to us. So we are always interested in actors who openly proclaim their faith.
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #1316 on: August 23, 2012, 02:49:54 AM »

The last 2 days:  some real Academy Award-worthy material!!

THE LONG SWIFT SWORD OF SIEGFRIED  (w/ Sybelle Danniger)

STACEY  (directed by Andy Sidaris!!!)

Okay, maybe not...   : )

"If it has no socially redeeming qualities whatsoever...  I'll RENT it!" --Jim O'Donnell
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #1317 on: August 25, 2012, 02:12:11 AM »

Today:

THE FRENCH CONNECTION
THE BLUES BROTHERS
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #1318 on: August 25, 2012, 05:25:12 PM »

FRENCH CONNECTION II

At the IMDB, there's a thread, "Greatest Last Four Seconds Ever???"  Here's my reply...

I never saw these in theatres, only on TV (with commercial interruptions... grrr). Non-stop tedium, interrupted by the odd moments of intense action. The subway scene was cool. The attempted assassination leading to the elevated train and car chase was incredible. The shootout in the dry-dock was intense, but somewhat maddening. The shootout in the drug lab, leading to the long, long chase on foot, was thrilling. After all the hell the main character goes thru, and all the hell the audience goes thru, sitting thru both pictures, the ending was ABSOLUTELY called for. It just "had" to end that way.

The only other time I can recall seeing an ending like that-- totally abrupt, yet absolutely "final" and utterly called for-- was HALLOWEEN: TWENTY YEARS LATER. At least half of those movies are a horrid waste of anyone's time. The 1st, 4th & 7th aren't. When Jamie Lee Curtis swings that shovel and DECAPITATES the killer, I actually let out a ROAR of approval in the theatre! There was a group of girls in the place who were making noise for most of the film, and I decided to get into the spirit of things by making even more noise. And the end, I just let out a roar. INTENSELY satisfying!!

So what's frustrating is... A)the idiot producers decided to do another one, B)the opening scene in "8" totally contradicted the ending of "7" (and was an INSULT to the audience), and C)the actual decapitation is CUT anytime they run the film on commercial TV.

Some characters not only deserve to get killed, they NEED to. Can you imagine if someone decided to do a sequel and revealed that Charnier "got better"?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1319 on: August 26, 2012, 01:06:14 AM »

This is a must see movie. Regardless of your political persuasion everyone needs to see 2016. It very quickly distances itself from the birthers. The majority of the movie comes from Obama's book. If you want to understand our President this movie gives his story.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:47:46 PM by narfstar »
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1320 on: August 26, 2012, 07:56:17 PM »

Narf,

We would never in a million trillion years agree on this one.

I'll watch Sons of The Desert instead :)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1321 on: August 26, 2012, 08:51:37 PM »

I think you might be surprised Mark. I did not express any real opinions about the President. You need to watch the movie and I think you will agree that the movie gives insight.
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #1322 on: August 27, 2012, 11:29:18 PM »

The last couple days...

THE MUPPET MOVIE
NIGHTHAWKS
THE GREAT MUPPET CAPER
SHARKEY'S MACHINE

My favorite part of THE MUPPET MOVIE, by a mile, was when Mel Brooks turned up.  In the last week, I watched just about every Mel film in my collection... and I had completely forgotten he was in this thing!!  It especially gave me a kick, as he went thru his whole scene doing a German accent, and not long ago I wrote a story with a character in it who I based on Mel, WITH a similar accent.  Crazy...

I never liked THE GREAT MUPPET CAPER as much as the earlier one.  Both films, to me, suffer from too many big-budget production numbers, among other things.  But the one moment in the film that made me laugh out loud was Peter Ustinov's cameo.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1323 on: August 28, 2012, 12:06:50 PM »

"Narf,

We would never in a million trillion years agree on this one.

I'll watch Sons of The Desert instead :)
"  Mark Warner.

Can I just ally myself completely to Mark's reply?   I wouldn't want to get involved in a political argument anyway. As for the bust of Churchill, things change.  In Scotland we don't have the Queen on our banknotes. No offence to anyone intended.

We watched the first of the new season of New Tricks and it was excellent.  Great story, well done.  I wont give the game away except to say that Tim McInerrny is suitably chilling and manipulative.  We still have grave doubts about the future of the show but we'll keep watching.  Also, Only Connect has started again and most of you non-British will probably never see it. A dead brainy connections panel show which can be seriously devious and difficult.  Here's a taster with the lovely Victoria Coren:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00lskhg/features/quiz
Hope you can access this abroad.

Modifying this to add, BBC Radio 4 World at One:-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qptc
Not sure if you can access this ouside UK but if so, go to around 13.30 pm to hear a report re stopping potentially pro-Obama voters in Pa. being able to register.  Again I don't want to get involved on this forum in a political discussion but I leave you to make up your own minds.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 12:41:07 PM by paw broon »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #1324 on: August 28, 2012, 10:10:38 PM »

Not really wanting to stir up any political discussion just suggesting that everyone watch the movie and make up their own minds.

Has anyone seen the Canadian Showcase series Continuum? I went to the website and it will not play episodes outside of Canada  >:(  Looks really good.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 137

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.