in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 193 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Watcha Watchin'?

Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 137

topic icon Author Topic: Watcha Watchin'?  (Read 715822 times)

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
Re: Watcha Watchin'?
« Reply #2050 on: October 23, 2013, 11:08:29 PM »

I've been in a Turkish super hero mood of late. Back to back with the movies that have sequels.

RB @ Work
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2051 on: October 24, 2013, 01:10:48 PM »

I found a trailer for the Turkish Phantom movie on youtube. Exciting stuff, mainly because I had heard about itbut was beginning to think it was a myth.  The big difference in the costume is tht there is a big skull and crossbones as a chest emblem.  What has amused me about Turkish superhero films is the use of classic film music on the sound tracks and in this one, during a fight scene, the Batman t.v.tune is used.  When I get back to the pc I will post the link. 
If anyone is interested , I found the trailer while looking for Santo and masked wrestler superheroes.  I found a lot, all in anish without subtitles.  Mind, I'm not sure you need them to watch Blue Demon battling zombies. ;D
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2052 on: October 24, 2013, 02:07:34 PM »

I've 2 of the 3 Phantom Turk movies still hunting for the 3rd one.

RB @ Work
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2053 on: October 24, 2013, 04:12:25 PM »

OK, that woke me up.  3 of them?  I was amazed there was 1!
For those who haven't a clue what we're talking about, here's a trailer:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXosKWQ95tE
By the way, if any of you fancy the Mexican Batwoman film, you can find it here:-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUyZB_xbG2c
ip icon Logged

Captain Audio

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2054 on: October 24, 2013, 09:44:42 PM »

Really cool motorcycle and fine looking wolf dog. Wouldn't mind struggling through a dubbed or subtitled episode or three.

The Mexican Batgirl is smoking hot, and her costume seems to have been ordered from Fredricks of Hollywood. Worth a look see.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 09:48:33 PM by Captain Audio »
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2055 on: October 25, 2013, 04:05:53 PM »

Yes Paw,
Both movies were made in 1968 by different directors. The guy that played Spy Smasher is the Red Phantom in the 2nd movie. This movie is pretty much a mess plot wise. Not as good as the first one, if you can believe that! I've hunted for the 3rd one for over a decade now with no success. Its called the Red Phantoms Revenge. If you like It's part of my Turkish back 2 back series I can make you a copy of the disk once mine is done. Sound like a deal?

RB @ Work

Attachment is for The Red Phantoms Revenge (3rd Turk Phantom Movie)
ip icon Logged

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2056 on: October 25, 2013, 05:15:28 PM »

no offense, but does anyone watch anything actually made in this millennium?  ;)
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2057 on: October 26, 2013, 12:24:13 PM »

no offense, but does anyone watch anything actually made in this millennium?  ;)

Sure.   If you look over my occasional listings of feature films watched or collections viewed you'll find a good sampling of 21st century material.  I'm also following such current shows as Bones, Sleepy Hollow, Agents of SHIELD, Arrow, Criminal Minds, Elementary, Haven, Grimm, Dracula, The Blacklist, Revolution, and Once Upon a Time.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2058 on: October 26, 2013, 01:38:53 PM »

I saw Dracula last night - interesting premise, but I drifted out a few times. I might give it a couple more episodes, but then we'll see. What did you think of it?

Is Agents any good? I"m reticent with no costumed heroes/villains in the mix.

And the PBC Doc on Superheroes was good (at the least the first episode I've seen), just wish is was more like 5-10 hours long instead of 3.

Sure.   If you look over my occasional listings of feature films watched or collections viewed you'll find a good sampling of 21st century material.  I'm also following such current shows as Bones, Sleepy Hollow, Agents of SHIELD, Arrow, Criminal Minds, Elementary, Haven, Grimm, Dracula, The Blacklist, Revolution, and Once Upon a Time.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2059 on: October 26, 2013, 02:55:53 PM »

My son and I are really enjoying Shield. Arrow is still pretty good. One of our favorites is Revenge. I am loosing interest in Revolution and Walking Dead. Walking Dead is getting really boring to me, I hope it picks up.
I like the new comedies Back in the Game and Goldbergs. Goldbergs takes us back to the eighties and is fun.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2060 on: October 27, 2013, 11:47:36 AM »

I am surprised there has not been any mention yet of Tomorrow People. So far I have enjoyed it. It is nothing special but still OK to watch. I did not like the new Dracula.
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #2061 on: October 27, 2013, 02:02:17 PM »

My son and I are really enjoying Shield. Arrow is still pretty good. One of our favorites is Revenge. I am loosing interest in Revolution and Walking Dead. Walking Dead is getting really boring to me, I hope it picks up.
I like the new comedies Back in the Game and Goldbergs. Goldbergs takes us back to the eighties and is fun.

The Lil Missus has been having just the opposite reaction to The Walking Dead.  She had gotten bored with it last season but as I have continued to watch she would sometimes check it out and this season has found her interest renewed.

She lost interest in sitcoms sometime back in the 1980s and we haven't followed any regularly since then.  I sometimes watch collections of them (usually years after they've run).

I've never seen Revenge but based on your recommendation I may try to watch a collection when I can squeeze it into my schedule.  My local library has the first two seasons.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2062 on: October 27, 2013, 08:33:20 PM »

Revenge is probably our favorite drama. My wife and I look forward to it and hate the end of each season. Just when you think it is time to wrap it up they bring in something to really keep you interested.
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2063 on: October 31, 2013, 07:17:57 PM »

I'm trying to figure out how old I was the last time I went out trick or treating. I have a photo of myself as Barnabas Collins on Hallowe'en--I had some novelty vampire teeth and my father's post office cape and my sisters made me up with dark circles around my eyes and my hair styled with Score to look like Barnabas's hairstyle. So I think the earliest this could've been was '68 when I was ten. But it seems more likely that it was '69, which would have made me eleven. Which seems kind of old to me for trick or treating. It really all depends on when our family started watching DARK SHADOWS.

I also remember going out on a Hallowe'en with the neighbour kid and his friend--that might have been the same Hallowe'en as I'm pretty sure it was my last time. It was the most depressing trick or treat in my experience. In all the other years that I recall, at least one other sibling was with me and we had good fun. This time, I was stuck alone with these two boys. I believe they didn't even bother to dress up--so we were those obnoxious kids who are too old and too cool and just want to get candy. And we got exactly the derisive treatment we deserved. I was so embarassed. But the worst thing was that those two boys had firecrackers and all they were interested in was setting them off and throwing them at things. I kept listening for police sirens, expecting the cops to come and arrest us. At some point, I made an excuse for why I had to get home and I abandoned them to continue their delinquent ways.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:20:08 PM by jimmm kelly »
ip icon Logged

Captain Audio

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2064 on: November 01, 2013, 02:35:51 AM »

When I was about ten I had a nice hopalong Cassidy black leather jacket.
That Halloween was very cold so I wore the jacket under my costume.
A friend and I pulled the burning bag of dog poop trick on a neighbor but with a wicked twist.
We put a string of firecrackers in the bag positioned so the fuse wouldn't catch fire immediately.
The neighbor did the expected and tried to stomp out the fire, then the firecrackers went off scattering dog poop and burning paper everywhere.
My friend and I ran for it and in the dark I ran straight into a barbed wire fence.
I got a few cuts but the costume and leather jacket looked like I'd been attacked by a were wolf.
If not for the jacket under my costume I would have been very seriously injured, so Hopalong Cassidy saved my hide that night.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2065 on: November 02, 2013, 06:59:34 PM »

Great story Cap I hope you repented of your evil ways. My wife and I saw Ender's Game yesterday and really liked it a lot. I would be interested to know where it deviated from the book for those who read it.
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2066 on: November 02, 2013, 07:25:40 PM »

I think that Hoppy would've said crime does not pay and justice will out. He was a straight shooter.
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #2067 on: November 03, 2013, 01:13:59 PM »

My wife and I saw Ender's Game yesterday and really liked it a lot. I would be interested to know where it deviated from the book for those who read it.

I really liked the book so was curious as to how this film adaptation would turn out.  I spoke to a buddy who had seen it and he was disappointed that the movie lacked the character development of the book and went heavy toward the action instead.  After talking to him I can't get jazzed up enough now to go see it in the theaters so will probably wait until it comes out on DVD and then check it out of the library for a watch.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2068 on: November 03, 2013, 11:21:37 PM »

To be expected in a scifi/action movie. I think it did pretty good with the characters based on the time it had to spend. I would actually say that it conveyed quite a lot in a little time. You can never make friends the way you can in a book but you are not investing the same amount of time to watch a movie as to read a book. The young actor portraying Ender did a fantastic job of showing versatility of emotion.
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2069 on: November 04, 2013, 03:56:08 AM »

On an impulse, I was just watchin' A BIG HAND FOR THE LITTLE LADY, again. I first saw this movie when I was in high school--it was one of the movies that was shown at lunchtime (I saw a lot of great movies that way).

This movie is such a pleasure to watch from beginning to end. Can't say anything else about it, because it's not a movie to be spoiled. But I see that it actually was based on a teleplay from the DUPONT SHOW OF THE WEEK (same writer and director).

One of the best casts for any movie--ever.
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2070 on: November 04, 2013, 04:00:38 AM »

I should say that the impulse was because the man in the green vest mentioned elsewhere in the comments on THE TEXAN comic reminds me of Kevin McCarthy--which got me to look up the movie.
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #2071 on: November 06, 2013, 01:51:10 AM »

Finally back on my Dan Curtis marathon.  Today I started in on something I've never seen before-- THE WINDS OF WAR.  I can see why my Dad liked it.

Meanwhile...

Friday night:  OLD DRACULA  (perhaps the most unique take ever on the character)
Saturday night:  A HARD DAY'S NIGHT
Sunday night:  McCloud:  THE 42ND STREET CAVALRY
Tonight:  HELP!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 01:54:14 AM by profh0011 »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2072 on: November 06, 2013, 02:19:23 AM »

I am about to give up on Walking Dead it just does not seem to be going anywhere. The characters have even become boring and poking zombies heads is just getting old.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2073 on: November 06, 2013, 03:13:51 PM »

Please don't all shout at me at once - I get enough of that form friends here - but I just don't like Shield.  It seems daft to me and the characters seem like so many others.  I think I would need Dum Dum Dugan to make me feel comfortable with it.  But, Person of Interest has started here again and we love it.  We are addicted to a couple of British quiz shows - of the no prizes sort - University Challenge and Only Connect, that last being about the hardest, most devious quiz that's been on in years.
Here's the BBC page for Only Connect - and if you can solve those walls, you're better then the 2 of us here! :-[

Anyway, what with being out at things some evenings and piles of American Football to catch up on, there just isn't enough time.
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2074 on: November 08, 2013, 02:07:19 AM »

As I think I've mentioned before, I'm in the process of watching the new series of DOCTOR WHO again, in chronological order--in preparation for the 50th anniversary.

I'm just about done with sesaon 5--the first season of Eleven. The episodes that are the most difficult for me to get through--both for the old series and the new series--are any episodes about mining, drilling, and underground settings. I find these so so so boring.

I know that modern British people have some strange cultural relationship with mining and resource extraction--but I just don't find this at all interesting. It's only interesting in an abstract way as commentary on the political economic issues in Britain--but not great action stories.

I find any of the claustrophobic stories rather annoying. I don't like very many of the space station adventures for this reason, also.

The first time around, the one thing that got me though the Hungry Earth/Cold Blood (episodes 8 and 9 of season 5) is the teaser near the beginning, where Amy and Rory see themselves in the distance--but ten years on. And I kept thinking that would be an important element in the story. But it was never resolved.

Then I thought, as I continued the first time through these episodes, that this scene would somehow figure into the story of Amy and Rory at some point: there would be an episode where we would see the older Rory and Amy come back to this place and see their younger selves in the distance and wave to them. That never happened.

It's like a shoe that never drops. It feels like they planted that bit in there for some reason and then never made use of it.

It's also a question how it works with Rory and Amy's timeline. We know that they aged but in real time they only went from 2010 to 2012 (before the encounter with the Weeping Angels). So who were the Rory and Amy in 2020 that waved to the Rory and Amy from 2010?
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 137

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.