in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,818 books
 New: 193 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Watcha Watchin'?

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137

topic icon Author Topic: Watcha Watchin'?  (Read 716165 times)

K1ngcat

• VIP
message icon
Re: Watcha Watchin'?
« Reply #3350 on: May 12, 2023, 01:08:38 AM »

I believe THE SPIRIT pilot was filmed in 1986, but not aired until summer of 1987, as part of a block of "unsold pilots" (along with KUNG FU: THE NEXT GENERATION-- the only one of those that, due to KUNG FU: THE LEGEND CONTINUES, became out-of-continuity with all the others-- it's also the only one that David Carridine was not involved in, though Brandon Lee DID return from the previous year's KUNG FU tv-movie attempted series revival).

I clearly recall seeing it-- and taping it-- the same night that THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS debuted in theatres!

Sam Jones was a real surprise.  Though my estimation of him has increased in recent years (due to his personality and attitude more than his acting), I do feel THE SPIRIT featured the best acting I've ever seen from him, by a mile.

Looking back some years later, I had completely forgotten Nana Visitor played Ellen Dolan.  She just about steals the film!  Back then, I'd seen her in such shows as NIGHT COURT (where she played a woman suffering from multiple personalities, who Dan takes out for "drinks"-- heh) and a really tragic episode of IN THE HEAT OF THE NIGHT.  Watching her in THE SPIRIT reminded she REALLY had a knack for comedy.  She really captured the character of Ellen, who was always a mix of romantic and screwball.

Bumper Robinson as "Eubie" made a strong argument in favor of kid sidekicks.  I'd also seen him in a couple episodes of NIGHT COURT.

Gary Walberg did not look like Commissioner Dolan-- but I think he genuinely captured the personality of the character.  MY favorite bit is when he tries to explain something to his daughter.  "Daddy, WHY must the mask never come off?"  "Well because..." (he has to think about this one)  "...because-- criminals FEAR the unknown-- and a man without a fask is a man without limits!"  "Oh, Daddy, do you know what that sounds like?"  "Yeah, The Lone Ranger, it can't be helped..."

I think Laura Robinson DID steal the film as "P'Gell Roxton".  HER personality they changed quite a bit, making her rather more murderous than I ever recall her being in the comics.  But she was also crazy and very sexy.  I particularly loved the moment when she forces The Spirit to join her in crime, in exchange for not blowing up an entire building of innocent people.  She decides to seal the deal with a kiss, and is about to take off his mask, when she stops herself, saying... "NAHH, it's KINKIER with the mask ON!"  And then realizes from his kiss that he isn't sincere.   ;D

I saw it as a LESS-DUMB version of the Adam West BATMAN... and that made it something I wish had sold as a series.

Well thanks for that description prof.  Anything that helps eclipse my memories of that frightful Frank Miller version is a balm to me. I'll check out your advice re the DVD with my fingers crossed!

Thanks for chipping in
All the best
K1ngcat
« Last Edit: May 12, 2023, 01:11:14 AM by K1ngcat »
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #3351 on: May 12, 2023, 03:02:49 AM »

On the phone just now, my best friend informs me THE SPIRIT was put out on DVD by Warner Archives, just a few years ago.
ip icon Logged

K1ngcat

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3352 on: May 14, 2023, 12:33:31 AM »

On the phone just now, my best friend informs me THE SPIRIT was put out on DVD by Warner Archives, just a few years ago.

Thanks for the tip, prof.  Found a region 1copy on Amazon, and just in time for my birthday! Cheers!

K1ngcat
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3353 on: May 19, 2023, 08:10:37 AM »

For lovers of Gerry Anderson.
A much later series by Gerry. I never heard of it either.
Very corny [ When was Jerry Anderson's work not corny?] but huge fun!

Space Precinct (Full Episodes)
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiZCl6XIGf-juekkdI9LtQ7NPKtbMD1Nt
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #3354 on: May 19, 2023, 08:30:04 PM »

SPACE PRECINCT

My #1 FAVORITE Gerry Anderson series.  And, the one I feel has THE BEST writing.  (The only ones that come close are FIREBALL XL5 and TERRAHAWKS.)

The crazy thing, the last time I watched this, was at one point it suddenly felt as if it was the only TV series I'd ever watched that could have been written by JACK KIRBY.  Anderson was definitely a Kirby fan, as there's bits of Kirby stuff and tributes to his work in most of Anderson's shows.  But this was the only one that felt as if Kirby had WRITTEN it himself.

I love how all the aliens, no matter how ridiculous they LOOK, are more "human" than ANY of the human characters on STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION.  The precinct captain with the noticable IRISH ACCENT a blatent example.   ;D
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3355 on: May 20, 2023, 10:39:16 AM »

The Making Of Gerry Anderson's Space Precinct (Documentary)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6oM0k25xxU

I love how all the aliens, no matter how ridiculous they LOOK, are more "human" than ANY of the human characters on STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION.   

That was my opinion too. Seriously impressed.
Then I watched this documentary.
What is Gerry Anderson all about? PUPPETS!
It blew me away! The heads are puppets and the movements are radio-controlled!
So, what has happened to this technology and why hasn't it been more widely used?
Presumabley Gerry owns the rights.
Amazing!   

ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #3356 on: May 20, 2023, 10:56:00 PM »

At a time when US sci-fi was increasingly using CGI, I thought SPACE PRECINCT has the BEST "minatures" I'd ever seen on any sci-fi TV series.

But what really held it together was the CHARACTERS.

After 7 years, I'd come to HATE every single character on ST:TNG.  It wasn't until the 2nd TNG movie that they miraculously got those sorry people back on track where I actually began to like some of them again.  I think that's a real problem when you HATE the characters on any given series.

I loved ALL the characters on SPACE PRECINCT.  Patrick Brogan was so wonderful, so was his wife, I really liked his kids... Jack Haldane was like a VASTLY better-written version of "Starbuck", Jane Castle-- MY GOD what a SWEETIE!!  (Turns out I was astrologically compatible with the actress who played her... no wonder I liked her SO much.)

But then there was also the use of tech.  On ST:TNG, they were so full of themselves and in love with what came to known as "techno-babble".  They'd forgotten all about telling good stories, and having tech in the background, where you KNOW what it is because you SEE what it does.  You don't stand there for 5 minutes EXPLAINING a telephone.

There's a scene in the SP pilot where Patrick & Jack are acting as bodyguards for a witness.  A hit-man breaks in to kill them all.  Suddenly, Patrick's son calls him on the phone... which happens to DOUBLE as a wall-mounted widescreen TV.  His son SEES the hitman and yells out to his Dad, distracting the killer and alowing the cops to NAIL the bastard.  It was so simple, so obvious, so wonderful, in that instant I thought, I've never seen "tech" used this clever on any previous TV series.  And the whole series was like that!

An all-time favorite bit of dialogue for me also came from this show.  In one story, they run across a woman of questionable morals (a bounty hunter) who Pratrick was once involved with.  Jack's attracted to her, but asks Patrick, WHY Sally, and not this hot woman?  Patrick replied... "You don't get married because you want to live with someone.  You get married because you CAN'T LIVE without them."  Wow.  I wish more people I've known in my life had heard this.  I'd probably know fewer divorced people.

I've still got a few Gerry Anderson shows to buy/upgrade to DVD, and SPACE PRECINCT is THE ONE I'm most looking forward to (although, TERRAHAWKS, coming up in about 6 months, is a close 2nd).  I'm doing them all in sequence!

Sunday night I'm starting in on THUNDERBIRDS: 2086.  A friend at work taped every single episode of this for me off of Prism back in the 80s.  So glad he did.  The DAMNED thing is not available on DVD!  And it's one of the best cartoons to come out of that decade.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 11:03:24 PM by profh0011 »
ip icon Logged

ComicMike

message icon
« Reply #3357 on: June 18, 2023, 09:22:19 AM »

Right now I'm watching the series 'LONGMIRE', which I didn't find very exciting at first, but it just got better and better with each episode. The lead role is played by Australian actor Robert Taylor who, as far as I know, has been in US productions for 20 years.

WIKIPEDIA:
Longmire is an American modern Western crime drama television series that premiered on June 3, 2012 on the A&E network, developed by John Coveny and Hunt Baldwin. The series is based on the Walt Longmire Mysteries series of novels by Craig Johnson. It centers on Walt Longmire, a sheriff in fictional Absaroka County, Wyoming. He is assisted by staff, friends, and his daughter in investigating major crimes within his jurisdiction.

Longmire became the "highest-rated original drama series" on A&E; however, the network announced in August 2014 that it would not renew the series after the third season. Warner Horizon Television offered it to other networks and Netflix picked it up, starting with season four. Netflix released the sixth and final season on November 17, 2017.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3358 on: June 18, 2023, 09:51:05 AM »

I was a huge fan of Longmire.
Apparently the average age of the viewers was quite high and that was one reason the show was dropped. They prefer a younger audience.
The show had a great cast and great production values.
Craig Johnson is still writing Longmire novels but they are not easy to get in Australia.   
Also in the cast were
Katee Sackhoff, Lou Diamond Phillips, and Peter Weller.
I should get the DVDs out and watch it again.   
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 08:07:39 AM by The Australian Panther »
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #3359 on: June 18, 2023, 11:17:26 PM »

This weekend's movies:

THE DUNWICH HORROR  (my 1st time on Blu-Ray!!)
SON OF DRACULA  (ditto)
THE FIFTH ELEMENT  ("for no damn reason"-- heehee)

Tonight:  episode 5 of THUNDERBIRDS 2086 (cartoon from Japan)
ip icon Logged

ComicMike

message icon
« Reply #3360 on: June 28, 2023, 08:41:38 AM »

Summer in the city   :) 8)

It's too warm and too hot to read so I'm currently watching the 'Gotham' series (USA 2014-2019, 100 episodes in 5 seasons). The series is very brutal in places, but the brutality is tempered by the "unreality", by the exaggerated portrayal of people and situations, because such a "reality" could naturally never exist. The actor Donal Logue brings humor to the series and develops after the first few episodes from a corrupt cop into one of the few likeable characters in the series.

What surprised me was the actor Robin Lord Taylor, whom I hadn't met before, and who gave a great performance in his role as Oswald Chesterfield "Penguin" Cobblepot. Although the "Penguin" is completely crazy and brutally, but as a viewer of this series, as soon as he appears in an episode, you think tensely, let's see what he's doing now.  :o ;D

Another star of the series is the city itself. The images and views of the city of Gotham are beautifully done, showing a dark, dirty and hopeless city. The mixture of older design and modern technology shows a dystopian world, shows a successful mixture of "real world", of dystopia, cyberpunk and steampunk.
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #3361 on: June 29, 2023, 12:45:29 AM »

I just ordered the Studio Canal Region 2 DVDs of THE AVENGERS season 4.

That's DIANA RIGG's 1st season, the moody one in BLACK IN WHITE, which I consider the all-time high point era of the series.

I already had earlier DVDs of seasons 4 & 5, but those take up SO DAMN MUCH shelf-space, I regretted it almost immediately (I hadn't done the research I should have).  So, coming to the end of Season 3, I decided to go looking for the newer, more compact set (which, presumably, is also of higher quality), and then give the old box to my best friend.  I'm sure he won't mind!   ;D

Meanwhile, I'm waiting to get in the long-long-awaited complete series box set of my #1 favorite tv series of the 1970s... McCLOUD!!!  I strongly suspect they waited this damned long to put it out, because they spent all these years searching & searching, trying to find the LONG-MISSING original 6 one-hour episodes of season 1, which Universal BUTCHERED back in the early 70s to turn into a trio of unwatchable 90-minute "movies" for syndication.  the box set has both versions... but I doubt I'll watch those atrocities.  The original version of season 1 has not been seen in 52 years... and one review said the quality wasn't the best, BUT, stressed they were still "very watchable".

When you've put up with horrible prints of early-1930s films desperaterly in need of restoration, you're used to this sort of thing.   :D

I saw season 1 when it was rerun in the summer of 1971, which is when I got HOOKED on the show.  Crazy thing-- I never saw the pilot until after the show ended.  I could not believe how awful it was.  How did a story THAT BAD sell to series?  (Did Glen Larson have blackmail photos of some network exec?  heehee)  I mean, as unpleasant as parts of the Clint Eastwood movie are, COOGAN'S BLUFF (which McCLOUD shamelessly ripped off- and was SUED for it) is still a better watch.  Though nowhere as much fun as even the worst of the rest of the series that followed.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 12:52:35 AM by profh0011 »
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3362 on: July 04, 2023, 08:45:36 AM »

Had a quite frustrating day, but towards the end of it, by sheer chance, I acquired a full DVD collection of  DANGER MAN [Patrick McGoohan].
This is one of the most thorough DVD collections I have ever seen.
Not only does it include PDF's of the scripts, but among many other items, it includes 2 Danger Man annuals in PDF form!
My entertainment tonight!     
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #3363 on: July 04, 2023, 06:07:28 PM »

Wow!  My increasingly-pathetic PBS station, back in the 80s, only ever ran the hour-long episodes-- and, after midnight on Saturday nights.  They never ran the color 2-parter, and they never ran any of the earlier half-hour episodes.  I managed to rent the only 5 of those that were available back then, but I have still not seen the rest.

I have 2 more Cathy Gale episodes of THE AVENGERS to go.  I have the "remastered" Region 2 DVD box set of Season 4 on order from overseas.  That same PBS station ran the Emma Peel & Tara King episodes in the late 80s-- on SUNDAY nights.  They pissed me off so much, as, during fund-raisers, they'd run 2 back-to-back, and with all the interruptions, would not be done until 2:30 AM, when I had to get up for work the next morning.  Worse-- EVERY one of the episodes they ran, the picture was FUZZY AS HELL.  When the first DVDs of the show were released, Patrick Macnee went on record saying that "every" commercially-available episode before then had been ILLEGAL BOOTLEGS.  So I'm really looking forward to a major upgrade here.

I have ONE more season 3 episode of THE MAN OF UNCLE to go, before moving on to the reportedly far-more-serious season 4, none of which I have ever seen before.

After that... the next 60s show I hope to go after will be... MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE.  I'm really looking forward to this, as to this day, I have NEVER SEEN a single episode from season 1.  (Most people have no idea Peter Graves was a replacement who debuted in season 2!)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 06:10:20 PM by profh0011 »
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3364 on: July 04, 2023, 10:15:52 PM »

They never ran the color 2-parter, and they never ran any of the earlier half-hour episodes.

My box set, [Region 2, company called Network] has the color 2 parter of Koroshi plus the original shorter version.
cheers!
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #3365 on: July 05, 2023, 03:26:17 AM »

Last summer I bought a Region-Free DVD player, just so I could get the Region 2 remastered box sets of THE AVENGERS.

Soon after, I started finding other Region 2 discs to enjoy... a French murder mystery from 1942, a pair of Italian SHERLOCK HOLMES adaptations (those did not come with English subtitles), and then a Czech Jules Verne comedy.

I was that close to going after that Region 4 McCLOUD disc from Australia (the original versions of season 1), but this Canadian company eliminated the need for that (Seasons 1-7, the pilot, the reunion movie, and the horrible syndicated butcher job versions of season 1).

"All" I'm missing from that set if COOGAN'S BLUFF, and I'll be getting that on Friday.
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #3366 on: July 05, 2023, 03:41:50 AM »

I started assembling a McCLOUD index on my computer over the weekend, and was shocked to find out something I had NEVER noticed or realized before!

That is, the guy responsible for starting the McCLOUD series was actually Leslie Stevens, the creator of THE OUTER LIMITS.  My favorite TV writer, Glen Larson, had NOTHING whatsoever to do with that AWFUL, ghastly pilot.

When the show went to series (or, mini-series, if you look at the 6 FOUR IN ONE episodes that way), Stevens promoted himself to Executive Producer, and hired Glen Larson as Producer!  The show improved drastically.

However, after those 6 episodes, perhaps being unsure of the series fate, Larson left to do ALIAS SMITH AND JONES, which debuted in late 1970 or early 1971.  When McCLOUD continued as part of the new NBC MYSTERY MOVIE, its 2nd season was produced by Dean Hargrove, with Peter Allan Fields as his assistant.

Apparently, when ALIAS SMITH AND JONES was cancelled in the wake of Pete Duel's suicide, Larson decided to return to McCLOUD, while Hargrove moved on to do MADIGAN (which lasted one season).  I've only recently seen a video of Larson describing loking at season 2 and realising they were treating Dennis Weaver all wrong.  He said they made McCloud seem like "Chester" from GUNSMOKE, when he should have been more like John Wayne or Clint Eastwood-- more aggressive, confident & pro-active.

In a weird way, McCLOUD as a series REALLY hit its stride with season 3.  And to think, until recently, seasons 3-7 have NEVER been released on tape or disc!

Strangely enough, Leslie Stevens worked with Glen Larson again, on both BUCK ROGERS IN THE 25TH CENTURY and BATTLESTAR GALACTICA.  I mention BUCK first, because, the pilots for both shows were done almost at the same time, with BUCK being done first.  However, massive re-writes, re-shoots & re-edits were done between the time the original, NEVER-aired version of the pilot was done, and the 2nd version was released theatrically in early 1979.  More re-shoots were done before the 3rd version was broadcast on NBC in September 1979.

I'd say they kept making it worse, not better.  Apparently, the Western Publishing comic-book adaptation followed the origiinal unaired version of the film, which contained several bits of explanation completely missing from the 2 later revised versions.  (This included that Kane had tampered with the programming of the computer council, who were responsible for convicting Buck to death, and also screwing with the Earth fighter battle computers, which made it impossible for them to beat Draconian fighters. You'd think those would be IMPORTANT details not to remove from a story!)

It seems clear to me that Stevens was a bit like Irwin Allen-- he had connections and could get s series made.  But unlike Allen, he was at his best when he would hire SOMEONE ELSE better than he was to actually take charge of a show-- as he did when he hired Joe Stefano to be producer & story editor on THE OUTER LIMITS.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3367 on: July 27, 2023, 09:19:30 AM »

Two great finds!
1/ The Sir Alec Guinness Earling Comedy DVD Collection.
The Ladykillers, Kind Hearts and Coronets, The man in the while suit and The lavender Hill mob.
The Ladykillers I am well-aquainted with. I am probably the only person on the planet who thinks the Coen Brothers Version is also a masterpiece, even though it is in many ways a quite different movie. Love them both!
2/ The Barrytown Trilogy - still mint, in the wrapper.
The What? 3 Irish movies, The Commitments, The Snapper and the Van.
The Commitments of course I have seen many times and have never ceased enjoying it.
The Van features Colm Meaney.
This collection also features, 'The Tossers Glossary' - might be worth it alone.
cheers!     
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 11:06:57 AM by The Australian Panther »
ip icon Logged

ComicMike

message icon
« Reply #3368 on: August 03, 2023, 08:05:54 AM »

The Ladykillers ... I am probably the only person on the planet who thinks the Coen Brothers Version is also a masterpiece ...

That's quite possible, hahaha  ;D

I have the film in my collection of Coen brothers films (because I'm a collector 8)), but I will never see it. Why should I do that? I would also never watch the new versions of the series 'Magnum', or 'All Creatures Great and Small'.

With great horror I remember the remake of the 'Time Machine' (2002).
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #3369 on: August 09, 2023, 06:16:12 AM »

In honor of our own Quirky Quokka I watched this charming YouTube video: Quokkas React to Juggling.

Can't resist those little guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjFHu7ijFg
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #3370 on: August 13, 2023, 03:32:09 AM »

This weekend's movies:

THE 7TH VOYAGE OF SINBAD  (brand-new Blu-Ray!)
THE IN-LAWS (1979 / ditto / haven't seen this since it was in theatres)
TARZAN'S DESERT MYSTERY (2006 DVD)
THE BAT WHISPERS (1930 / widescreen version)

My new "LG" Region-Free Blu-Ray player surprised me by somehow over-riding the formats on most discs, so that everything now plays on my widescreen TV in "stretch" mode.  However, the widescreen print of THE BAT WHISPERS somehow plays with black bars on all 4 sides of the image.  I wonder if it would play properly on one of my other machines.  (I've got 2 other films recently that had to be played in "normal" instead of "zoom" in order to avoid cutting off the top and bottom of the image; yes, not every movie on disc is created alike... or, "properly".)
ip icon Logged

ComicMike

message icon
« Reply #3371 on: August 13, 2023, 11:39:38 AM »

I have a DVD region 2 Blu-Ray player (Europe and a number of other countries) that sometimes doesn't display the correct aspect ratio on my TV either, but I can correct this on the TV, but sometimes it doesn't work. Then I have to search for a menu item in the depths of the TV software where I can change that. But that doesn't happen very often.

By the way, I only have one BluRay (for testing purposes): Dylan Dog, aka DellaMorte DellAmore, aka Cemetery Man, aka Zombie Graveyard, a 1994 Italian horror film (original language: English!) based on the Dylan Dog comics.

Since simple DVD's are apparently no longer in great demand, you can (at least here in Germany) buy them very cheaply used and the picture quality is enough for me. :)
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #3372 on: August 13, 2023, 12:35:12 PM »

I just tested the Region 2 Blu-Ray of THE AVENGERS by re-watching "The Town of No Return" for the 4th time in a month.

"PERFECT"!!!!!

It's not just one thing, it's both.

My old 1980s videotape recorded off PBS had a lot of damage.  The 2002 Region 1 A&E DVD was clear.  The 2010 Region 2 Blu-Ray, someone had "remastered" it again-- and gone too damned far.  They cranked the CONTRAST up so high, that whenever you had dark scenes, you COULDN'T SEE any detail!  (Shades of the Warner Archive BRs of HORROR OF DRACULA and DRACULA PRINCE OF DARKNESS.)

Well, the 2015 Region 2 Blu-Ray, the picture quality was PERFECT.  I might want to try comparing it against the 2002 disc, but it's definitely, infinitely better than the 2010 disc.

Oh yeah-- and there's the other thing.  It's playing at the CORRECT SPEED. 
(51:51 -- the Region 2 DVD was 49:47)

This, it turns out, is the real problem with PAL DVDs.  How bizarre that a technical issue that was such a problem in the early 60s should still exist nowadays.  I suspected seasons 2 & 3 might be running a bit fast, but it was just too damned obvious with season 4, which is why I sent that box back... and bought a Region-Free Blue Ray player.  BEST $120.00 I spent this year!

Now I know I can go after seasons 5 & 6, and THE NEW AVENGERS, in the same format!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2023, 12:37:15 PM by profh0011 »
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #3373 on: September 01, 2023, 10:54:34 PM »

Just finished the second season of "Dalgleish"- excellent! Also finished the new season of "The Landers"- a lot of fun. Currently watching "Under the Vines" , a comedy about two relatives (who can't stand each other) inheriting a broken down winery in New Zealand. Actually quite good. Sunday, we get the new seasons of "Unforgotten" (will it be any good without Nikola Walker?) and "Van Der Valk". Looking forward to those! Cheers, bowers
ip icon Logged

ComicMike

message icon
« Reply #3374 on: September 05, 2023, 09:00:12 AM »

I finally have one of the gems of British entertainment on DVD: 'Yes Minister' and 'Yes, Prime Minister'. The episodes are also dubbed in German, except for the second season of 'Yes, Prime Minister', but for those I have English subtitles so I will understand them well. 8)

Together with the Pythons, Black Adder, Jeeves & Wooster and Coupling now I have a nice collection of British humor highlights. :)
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.