in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,816 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Commando Swapmeet!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Commando Swapmeet!  (Read 405 times)

Sequential

message icon
Commando Swapmeet!
« on: February 10, 2024, 01:01:46 PM »

The next Commando and British Weekly Comics Swap-Meet will be held in Glasgow on Saturday 16th March 2024.

There will be thousands of Commando Comics and other Picture Libraries and British weeklies such as Warlord, Battle, Beano, Misty, Bunty, Whizzer and Chips, Victor, and 2000AD - the list is endless.

THIS IS NOT A COMIC-CON ...no lycra-clad Superheroes, just comics/annuals and comic-readers.

There are some wonderful guests with Colin MacNeil, Colin Maxwell and Keith Burns having confirmed their attendance at the event and more guests will be announced soon!

Doors open to the public from 10.00am – 3.00pm Public. Entry to the event: Adults £2, Children Free entry. All proceeds going to 29th Glasgow Scout Group.

The venue is 15 min train ride from Glasgow Central to Pollokshaws East with a 5 min walk to the venue, 5 mins drive from Junction 2 of M77 motorway with ample on street parking.

Event address: 29th Glasgow Scout Group, Cameron Halls
147 Mossgiel Road, Glasgow, G43 2BY.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Commando Swapmeet!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2024, 05:21:29 PM »

Already in the diary. Vince and I will get along, if we can get there this time without getting lost.  Dolts!  Well, actually it was my fault getting on the wrong 38 bus.  We'll use the train this time. I always enjoy a wee chat with Colin.
I see they've got the correct station this time ;D
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2024, 05:26:47 AM »

Paw, hope you can get hold of some things we don't yet have on CB+

cheers! 
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 09:29:26 AM »

Ah, well, the vast majority of comics on offer last year were war titles and anthologies from DCT, AP/Fleetway, Micron.  Most of them can't be hosted here.  Still, I pestered some dealers so there might be a wider selection this time.  It's as much a social occasion for me.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 09:41:10 PM »

Enjoy youselF!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 04:05:47 PM »

And 2 weeks after the SECC con, there is the Commando swap meet.
Here's the ad from ComicScene:-
https://comicscene.org/2024/01/08/commando-swap-meet/
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.