in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hello everyone!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 107 times)

emaytch

message icon
Hello everyone!
« on: March 01, 2024, 10:19:13 PM »

Hi! It's great to be a member of the site-- I love old comics and have often bemoaned how inaccessible a lot of them are, so this is an incredible resource! Thank you for it!
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2024, 10:33:57 PM »

emaytch, welcome!

Jump in and get your feet wet.
Can you tell us a bit about yourself?  Not compulsory tho.
What kind of comics are your preference?
Please don't just look at the comics but explore the forum. Lots of good things there also. 

Cheers!
ip icon Logged

emaytch

message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2024, 08:04:44 PM »

I'm from Seattle, and I really like the old comic strips especially, although I'm also a big fan of adventure comics. I'll definitely explore the forum! Right now there's so much to look at it's a little overwhelming, haha (but also very exciting!)
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2024, 08:53:29 PM »

Welcome, emaytch! I'm a Washington guy too, from Spokane. The wife and I usually get over there every year or two- any good comic shops I should seek out? There used to be some great ones in the U-district but, alas, that was many years ago! This is a wonderful group with no flamers or bullies- not tolerated! The members have an amazing collective knowledge of comics and are always willing to share. Please feel free to participate in any and all conversations and give your opinions. I'd add on a "Go Mariners", but the roster moves were mostly terrible and ,since Root Sports is now a pay channel, I can't watch the games anymore anyway! Cheers, bowers
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2024, 09:07:16 AM »

Welcome emaytch.  Glad you found your way here.  Yes, there is a lot of stuff on site which reflects members' interests so take your time. Please join in the conversations.
As bowers mentioned sport and pay channels, where I am, Scotland, we used to have American sports on TV.  Now they are mostly on pay channels.  I used to watch baseball, nfl, college football.  Now there is one nfl game a week on  and an nba game once a week.  Even cricket, which I love, is on pay channels apart from a highlights package of an England test match.
If Panther reads this, we have had Rugby League challenge  cup and the final of the international club competition, with Penrith Panthers.
Sorry to go off topic.  Enjoy your time here emaytch.   Go to it.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.