in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,819 books
 New: 188 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

(2nd March 2008) Update on last few weeks and current situation!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

topic icon Author Topic: (2nd March 2008) Update on last few weeks and current situation!  (Read 88726 times)

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: (2nd March 2008) Update on last few weeks and current situation!
« Reply #100 on: March 16, 2008, 05:51:00 AM »

Thanks Geo!
Yes, you'll see a lot of little problems within different titles. 
I've been working on these kind of things when I get time.  I've already done some Fawcett, Ace, and Planet Comics so far.  Mostly just having a consistent name scheme for each (whatever was most common I change the others to match) and deleting duplicate files when I find them.  But I'm FAR from done on the job.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #101 on: March 16, 2008, 03:02:18 PM »

ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #102 on: March 16, 2008, 09:24:52 PM »

Be careful when deleting duplicate files to check what they are, some issues were uploaded in 2 parts.
ip icon Logged

Geo (R.I.P.)

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #103 on: March 17, 2008, 02:03:57 AM »

Here's a couple more I've found in the Avon section:

"eerie 01 reprint IW", it's file name is "aa.cbr.zip", file size is 7.22 MB. Eerie 01 is an IW reprint.

"eerie tales 10", it's file name is "aa.cbr.zip", file size is 46.6 MB. Eerie Tales 10 is a Super Comic reprint #10.

Both can be downloaded ok, just both have the same file name. I would bet there are a lot more too that we're going to run across when checking them all out.
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #104 on: March 17, 2008, 05:42:38 AM »

We can do nothing about renaming the original files Geo, people are just going to have to put the correct file name in before they download the comic. There are hundreds and only Serj can rename them, the files are in the correct section (as far as l know), since they are pd reprints, otherwise they would be deleted.
ip icon Logged

danartman

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: danartman
message icon
Downloads? Do they work?
« Reply #105 on: April 01, 2008, 02:40:11 AM »

I have never been able to download anything. Everytime I click on the downlaod button I get an error message. It's been several weeks now. Is there a way to successfully download the comics? I have been waiting for the sytem to work again?
Thank you.
March 31, 2008.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Downloads? Do they work?
« Reply #106 on: April 01, 2008, 03:24:58 AM »

I have never been able to download anything. Everytime I click on the downlaod button I get an error message. It's been several weeks now. Is there a way to successfully download the comics? I have been waiting for the sytem to work again?
Thank you.
March 31, 2008.

Read the faq in my siggy...but make sure that you are signed in when you're trying to download as well as when on the forum.

B.
ip icon Logged

design9

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: design9
message icon
« Reply #107 on: April 03, 2008, 05:08:20 PM »

I haven't downloaded anything for over a month. I keep getting the below message that prevents me from downloading. I have the
forever or unlimited access. How can this be changed so I can download again?

Thanks

design9

Error: Sorry but you are not allowed to download this file as you have exceeded the number of files you are allowed to download during this period. Please check your user control panel for more information on the limits currently available to you.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2008, 02:52:18 AM »

Go HERE:
http://tinyurl.com/yvjorh

Now Read.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 02:56:44 AM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

DonMarkstein

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: DonMarkstein
message icon
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2008, 01:30:57 PM »

Got a problem. I re-registered as required, but I now find I get an error whenever I try to download anything. It says I'm now allowed to download because I've exceeded the number of files I'm permitted to download during this time period.

But I haven't downloaded anything in months! And nothing at all since the Great Disaster and the reinstatement of my account.

What's going on? More to the point, how do I get around this?

I'd register for a new account, but I have no reason to think it would work any better. (Besides, I now see it's against the rules. Under no circumstances would I use it to exceed the download limits, but let's follow the letter of the law now that I know what the law is. I just want to make an ordinary download.

Quack, Don
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2008, 01:58:41 PM »

See Yoc's response, just before your question.
ip icon Logged

DonMarkstein

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: DonMarkstein
message icon
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2008, 08:07:59 PM »

Thanks, Yoc! And thanks to whoever did whatever it took to unclog things. I just did a download, and it worked!

This site is wonderful! Everyone involved is wonderful! Thank you so much for your wonderful work!

Quack, Don
ip icon Logged

Erik Larsen

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Erik Larsen
message icon
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2008, 05:09:34 PM »

every time I've tried to download anything here I get a "Error: Sorry but you are not allowed to download this file as you have exceeded the number of files you are allowed to download during this period. Please check your user control panel for more information on the limits currently available to you.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin"

Am I doing something wrong?
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #113 on: April 22, 2008, 08:24:05 PM »

Well for starters you asked in the thread for site announcements rather than in the proper place, the help section. In the help section you will also find the FAQ which will answer your question. l am going to lock this thread, because l am really getting tired of people asking for help in the wrong place, l am sure if Serj has anything to add to the announcement he will unlock the thread.
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #114 on: May 06, 2008, 07:49:49 AM »

Thread is unlocked, anyone making off topic posts will have their post removed and they will have to post in the appropriate section to get their problem solved. This thread is not for the discussion of problems individuals might be having, we have a help section and a FAQ to help with those problems.
ip icon Logged

roberto lira

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: roberto lira
message icon
« Reply #115 on: July 06, 2008, 12:17:28 PM »

HI !
IT
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #116 on: July 06, 2008, 01:22:07 PM »

Greeting Spanish brother of fandom. Try doing what is said in the following link and see if that helps matters any. If problems still persist try posting your questions in the Helps folder.
Cheers 

http://tinyurl.com/yvjorh

HI !
IT
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #117 on: July 10, 2008, 10:07:36 AM »

News and announcements is not where you ask for help, since this thread is obviously no longer being used to discuss what it is intended for, it will be locked till Serj has any further updates for us.

We have several clearly marked sections on the forum for help with a range of problems, for those having a problem with the site, please feel free to ask in the appropriate section.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 10:09:43 AM by aussie500 »
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.