in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 193 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

My Pull List

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

topic icon Author Topic: My Pull List  (Read 32268 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: My Pull List
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2013, 10:07:49 PM »

Was DL&Sherlock any good?
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2013, 11:06:58 PM »

Yes surprisingly good artwork and decent story all in color for 3.99.

RB
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2013, 04:13:12 PM »

I picked up Suicide Risk 1 & 2; The Activity #13; East of West#3.  And in a charity shop in Edinburgh, World's Finest 130; House of Secrets 65 & 72;  Lois Lane Giant #77, for a couple of quid each.  A good day all round.
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2013, 10:25:55 PM »

Picked up Masks 8 and The Shadow 14. Really like Shadow's writing. The last two storylines have been quite good. Enjoyed the Masks conclusion- plenty of action. If there is another series, maybe the action can occur sooner, now that the crew and their credos have all been introduced. Still haven't found Green Hornet 3, Black Beetle 4 or the Shadow/ Green Hornet team-up. Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #104 on: June 29, 2013, 01:16:35 AM »

Masks # 8 A death in the family? Got Shadow 14 last week with Black Beetle 4 with the promise of a new BB mini in the Fall of '13. Shadow Graphic Comp (First issues) was out but I didn't have the $20 to purchase it....too broke from ebay....but its waiting for me on my self @ the store. Still liking Miss Fury & Black Bat is interesting. Shadow/Green Hornet is suppose to be next week I think and the Owl is on his way too. That is all I can think of off the top of my little noggen. Ciao y'all.

Richard
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 01:24:37 AM by mr_goldenage »
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2013, 05:06:48 PM »

The Shadow TPB Volume Two: The Revolution
The Green Hornet # 3
The Owl # 1 <YES!>
Miss Fury # 4
The Black Bat # 4
The Shadow # 15
Dark Nights # 1

Richards two week list

ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2013, 10:03:37 PM »

Picked up Shadow 15, Green Hornet 3, and Dark Nights 1. Enjoyed them all, especially Dark Nights. Very good writing by Uslan- you can tell he actually researched the characters. His historical footnotes were also an interesting plus. Can't wait for issue 2. Ordered Owl 1, should be reading it soon. Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #107 on: July 21, 2013, 01:22:22 PM »

Without being a spoiler I will say Owl Girl was the best part of Owl #1 think Hit Girl.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #108 on: July 21, 2013, 05:18:07 PM »

Owl Girl was the bomb man! This book was hot. buy it!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2013, 04:31:35 AM »

Bandette 5 is out. I bought it but have not read it yet. But darn when I went to Comixlolgy to get it I had to look around and bought some other books. Some 99 cent first issues. Planet of Women was a pretty good read but I was not too impressed with the art. It is sci fi with a sentient ape and a man crash landing on a planet run by women.
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2013, 04:40:34 AM »

So it's published by Fiction House then?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2013, 11:25:29 AM »

Owl is Dynamite and Bandette is by Monkeybrain. Bandette is currently digital only. I would guess it will eventually be a graphic novel. Others here read it also.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2013, 12:44:12 PM »

I was just joking about it being FH.

But the other day I was reading "Me to Your Leader Take" by Richard Ellington, in ALL IN COLOR FOR A DIME. And your plot synopsis of Planet of Women made me think of all the 'science fiction' stories published by Fiction House that Ellington describes with such glee.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2013, 02:23:06 PM »

The problems of replying from post to post. I was not sure if you meant Bandette or Owl and turns out you meant Planet of Women.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2013, 04:27:59 PM »

I forgot to report that Bandette #5 was available.  I still haven't read it and I'm back in my bad habit of leaving somethin good as long as I can on the grounds that, If I start it, it'll all too soon be finished.  Sad  :-[
I also bought the 2nd collection of Atomic Robo, as I enjoyed the first tpb.  I'll try to get up to Stirling tomorrow to Banjaxx Comics for a wee browse but the bloke's coming to fix my handrail so I have to hang on till he's finished.
I have been exercising my credit card on Izneo and I'm currently reading La Grande Menace by Jacques Martin, a book I've always fancied since way back:-
http://bdcomics.izneo.com/search.html?pattern=Lefranc&action=search
and just finished the first vol. of the new Fantomas seies:-
http://bdcomics.izneo.com/colere-fantomas-bois-justice-1-3-tome-1-A9105020
Plus vols 2,3 and 4 of Agence Hardy:-
http://bdcomics.izneo.com/search.html?pattern=agence+hardy&action=search&search-submit=
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2013, 08:33:32 PM »

I just read Bandette and it is still fun. I look forward to the next issue.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2013, 05:13:31 PM »

I tried Batman 66 and realise I got about 2/3's of the way through it and dozed off.  Haven't gone back to it yet.  I also bought Ghosted #1 to try and enjoyed it along with Mass Effect #1 and this one I'll need to see how it goes.  Best buy was Rocketeer/Spirit.  As I'm way behind, I only got Black Beetle 4 this visit and haven't read it yet.  Also need to catch up on the last 2 issues of Peter Panzerfaust. I placed Captain Midnight and Brain Boy on my standing order. 
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #117 on: August 06, 2013, 10:02:41 PM »

Picked up some pretty good stuff this week. Finally got a copy of "The Owl" and really enjoyed it. Yes, guys, Owl Girl is hot! Liked the "Capt. Midnight" premiere issue- some good possibilities here. "Rocketeer and Spirit" was wonderful, with two smart-ass characters playing quite well off each other. I had some concerns that the Spirit's character wouldn't be properly handled, but Waid nailed it! "Black Beetle" 4 was a treat. Also picked up "Half Past Danger" 3 and was pleasantly surprised- you get dinosaurs, Nazis, and a hot chick in black tights. What's not to like? This was my first issue, so I guess I'll have to find the first two. Waiting for "King's Watch" and a pulpy air-pirate title called "Wild Blue Yonder". Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #118 on: August 07, 2013, 02:26:02 AM »

Yes Captain Midnight Zero issue was well handled too. And I am waiting for issue # 2 of the Owl to see if they come up with a second strong issue. If all the reboots were handled so well Dynamite would be a great company but alas.....

Richard
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #119 on: August 07, 2013, 09:48:00 PM »

Reboots are , indeed, pretty tricky. Removing a character from his original venue and transplanting him to a totally new world takes some very strong writing to make it even somewhat plausible. As we all have seen, more often than not, it fails. Capt. Midnight seems to have taken it in stride and is ready for action. This is definitely being true to his character. The Owl appears to be more perplexed by the dehumanization he sees in society and some of it's institutions, yet he still clings to his inner core of goodness and wants to help others. He can still remember why he chose to become a hero. Two different presentations but, so far, they both look like winners. Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2013, 12:55:25 AM »

Mr_Goldenage's Pull List:

Black Bat # 4 probably the weakest issue so far in the series. A weeping tissue issue!

The Owl # 2 the Origin of Owl Girl II. So Soon? Sigh.....

The Shadow # 16 Can't say that I am loving the Light story line so far. Anyone else?

Richard.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2013, 11:01:49 AM »

I have to read the last two Black Bat. I do not read Shadow and I agree they probably should have stretched out the Owl Girl mystery.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #122 on: August 18, 2013, 05:20:30 PM »

Pull List for week of August 16th:

IDW Thunder Agents # 1 (Ordway cover) Liked the intro story line but hated the new costumes.
Dynamites Dark Nights # 2 Yawn.
Vertigo's Astro City # 3 Why does DC have this as a Vertigo book is beyond me. The usual high standards for this book. Get with it DC. Make this part of one of the DC 52 Earths. No?

That's it for me this week.

Richard
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #123 on: August 19, 2013, 01:34:28 AM »

I just read Thunder Agents and must say I was really impressed. I liked almost everything about it. Not a big fan of the art but I am always a script guy first. I look for the apparent death not to be dead as was alluded to.

I am still way behind on my reading. I did read the first two issues of Skyward an enjoyable all ages fantasy tale.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #124 on: September 08, 2013, 05:56:43 PM »

My Pull List for the last two weeks:

Shadow Year 1 # 5 Matt Wagner Cover loved it.

The Owl # 3 I think this is a mini series, not much else to say.

Black Bat 5 Picks up some steam with this issue but the ending leads one to believe this may too be a limited series.

Green Hornet # 5 Green Hornet & Kato kiss and make up. Sigh.....

Miss Fury # 5 All is revealed....or is it? Is this another mini/limited series? The way Dynamite is shaping these up it looks that way.

CODENAME: Action # 1 Give this one 5 stars for a # 1. Captain Action as a secret agent. This one ties into Project Super Powers, Has pulp ties with a certain pulp legend in the "Intellegence Service", The first American Crusader Clone appears and you get Black Venus too! What more do you want? It's enough to take a look I think. I loved it! Can't you tell?

Lobster Johnson - A Scent of Lotus Part 2 / I don't know why I stopped reading or following this book. I went and picked up the rest of Lobster that I didn't have and enjoyed what I'd missed.

Captain Midnight # 2 Bang! Wow! Yep # 2 as good as # 1 or better.

Tom Strong And the Planet of Peril # 2......Strange just got stranger. Loved every page of this book. What's with you DC? This is NOT a Vertigo book......it's an Earth # (Pick a number) all their own. How hard is that? Anyways.....

All n all a great two weeks. And....It made me realize what started off with just buying the Watchmen Mini's has now turned into a full blown weekly  buy. I haven't stopped to count how many books now but Codename:ACTION # 1 has now added to the list.

Richard B.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.