in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

My Pull List

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

topic icon Author Topic: My Pull List  (Read 32210 times)

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: My Pull List
« Reply #75 on: April 10, 2013, 07:15:48 PM »

Yes, Richard, I have The Batwoman and one of the others so I'll happily go with the next compilation.  Can't wait.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #76 on: April 10, 2013, 09:55:06 PM »

Ok good deal then. You get Vol. # 3. And according to Narfstar you can watch the DVD on your computer. Narf. What type of DVD unit do you have? And the lucky person will get # 2 after all. So I will mail it out tomorrow and I will send Paw a list tonight of his choices. Deal guys? ok then.....

RB @ work still.....
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2013, 12:15:34 AM »

So Narf Sir, where is the review of the movies? Inquiring minds are eager to know? Thank you for mailing those back to me and thank you for the "extra's".

Richard
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2013, 12:27:35 AM »

I just have the DVD player that came with my Toshiba laptop.  Media player or KM player
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
International Crime Fighters vol1
« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2013, 01:40:40 AM »

Big thanks to Richard for this. I can not say that I enjoyed National Kid or Champions of Justice. I have seen others of this type of movie the Japanese kiddy superhero and the wrestling heroes in English. So I did not find anything special about these.

Argo was in English and pretty darn cool. Masked Devil at least had subtitles and was also pretty good.
Black Rose had no subtitles but was still OK easy to understand action. I guess it boils down to my nature of liking things that are different. Since National Kid and Champions were not particularly different they were not my faves. The others however were worth watching.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2013, 02:08:25 AM »

You're quite welcome and thank you for the feedback. I try and mix content with language in mind to challenge as well as to enhance the experience and of course subtitles help a whole lot. Understandable that you might find the more juvenile japan/in Portuguese National Kid not to your liking especially if you can't understand the language, but as you said fast forward has it's advantages. I have to agree the first Champions Of Justice movie was rather disappointing, but the 2nd was far better. Argo of course was the highlight of the DVD with the Black Rose as the intrigue yet fun film and not too bad to follow. Thanks again. Glad you had fun with it.

RB
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2013, 10:23:04 AM »

Argo started out cool. No Oscar caliber acting but a very neat character. Love the cockiness. Where there anymore Argo movies?
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2013, 03:31:05 PM »

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2013, 12:45:21 AM »

I just read the last issue of Mark Millar's Secret Service and enjoyed the whole six issue run. It is to be made into a movie.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2013, 01:01:20 AM »

Picked up Black Beetle # 3 and Whistling Skull # 5. Both are excellent as usual. Both are coming to an end and I for one will miss the Black Beetle. Anyone have any comments on Masks # 5 or the New Green Hornet # 1? I decided to jump on board with the Shadow with issue # 11, seems worthwhile.

Richard
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2013, 11:06:05 AM »

I am waiting to read Whistling Skull all at once. Black Beetle is a cool book. I am behind on Masks. Bandette 4 just came out digital only. I really like the series and with digital only it is only a buck. Good fun comic reading.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2013, 02:47:09 PM »

Couldn't wait with Whistling Skull so I'm reading them issue by issue.  Bought the new Bandette and now that I've sorted out the problem with my password, I'll be able to read it!
I was at a comic mart in Edinburgh yesterday and saw Peter Panzerfaust #1 on the wall for
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #87 on: April 24, 2013, 04:12:27 PM »

U.K. has a new comics magazine - Strip. Have a look at their site:-
http://printmediaproductions.com/
The return? of King Cobra (or a version of).  How good is that?
The mag is available in newsagents here and I sincerely hope it succeeds.  I thoroughly enjoyed the read but some of you might not like the anthology format with 6 and 7 page episodes of each story. Good articles and reviews of G.N.s you might not be familiar with. I'm putting in an order for it.
Give it a look.  I'm curious about reactions.
As for American comics, I jumped on the bus to my lcs and collected the Kubert Alter Ego (what a good read); Black Beetle #3 and Rocketeer #3. 
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #88 on: April 24, 2013, 07:59:41 PM »

Looks pretty cool but those anthology books do drive me crazy. From looking at Comixology the pulls on Black Beetle are not great but not horrible. Looks like it may be enough to give us more. The reaction here has been really positive and I like it a lot. I think that most here would enjoy Bandette also.
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #89 on: April 30, 2013, 02:07:28 AM »

Picked up "Masks"#5 and found it strangely unsatisfying. Great art, great premise, yet too many characters and not enough pages. By the time the action gets started, the issue ends! (And it took a darn long time before the action started in this series.) Been following "The Shadow" since issue 1 and have not been disappointed with the series overall. The "prequel", "Shadow Year One", is another matter. Wagner seems to think he must use some pretty bad language and very adult situations to spice up the story, but to me it's just a distraction. I'm not exactly offended, but I think it's just a gimmick to cover up some rather poor writing. Also grabbed the latest "Rocketeer". Still not sold on Bone's art, but it does seem to fit the storyline. I am absolutely enjoying all the "walk-ons" and references made in this bouncy tale. Wonder if any of the younger readers have any idea who some of these characters are? Anyway, some quite enjoyable writing! Also, don't forget Free Comic Book Day this Saturday- I read some previews and saw a "Prince Valiant" I really want, along with "Buck Rogers" and something called "Steam Engines of Oz". If you happen to be in Eastern Washington state, John at Merlyn's will be running this event Sunday as well. If you're in town for Bloomsday, stop in! Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2013, 03:23:20 PM »

Picked up Masks # 6, Shadow # 12 and Before the Watchmen: The Comedian # 6. I won't comment so not to spoil it for others whom may have not gotten their's yet.

RB @ Work.

Picked up Black Bat # 1 & Miss Fury # 2, plus a free comic!

RB @ Home
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 10:45:23 PM by mr_goldenage »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2013, 01:42:27 PM »

At my lcs yesterday, I picked up Rocketeer and The Activity from my standing order and East West#2 from the shelf.  Dave at the shop had put aside a few "Free Comic Book Day" bits and pieces for me.  So, Archie Digest; Buck Rogers; Prince Valiant; Atomic Robo; Molly Danger; The Strangers.  I'm really taken with Atomic Robo (yes, I know I'm getting on the bus a bit late) and I thoroughly enjoyed The Strangers and Molly Danger.  I'll be following those titles for a while.  The Strangers seemed like a good old-fashioned comic.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #92 on: May 19, 2013, 05:59:03 AM »

My Friday pull list:
The Shadow # 13, Green Hornet # 2, Whistling Skull # 6, The Shadow Year One # ! & # 2. Not a bad haul.

RB
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #93 on: May 19, 2013, 01:32:43 PM »

I just read the Green Hornet Year One Special and it was OK but nothing special.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #94 on: May 31, 2013, 06:56:12 AM »

Mask # 7

The Reveal is in. Can you guess?

In the end Dynamite (and somehow, someway, along with Marvel, I don't know how, to a lesser extent) is rewriting the Pulp Age and Golden Age their way. Excluding or using familiar(s) in a way that doesn't dispute ownership. It will be interesting to see how they get around not using the DC/Quality/Fawcett characters or will they have bad actors as stand ins? Can Dynamite rewrite over/on top to establish "It's" own continuity is as great and as important as DC's or even Marvels? (Although I see a crossover event coming between Dynamite's Superpowers world and the present Marvel one, or the Timely Universe Vs. The Masks Universe). Read and lets chat.

RB on vacation.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #95 on: May 31, 2013, 10:09:39 PM »

Masks # 7

Or....

What's missing in the Dynamite universe? In the Pulp world I'd say first off Doc Savage. Then of course the Avenger. What else does Dynamite lack? Media exposure. Marvel now owned by Disney Worldwide has such deep pockets. Perhaps they can't touch the icons but the Dynamite Character LLC characters would be prime material now, and that's quite a group, Project Superpowers showed that. Just a thought. Once # 8 is out let's chat.

RB on Vacation
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #96 on: June 02, 2013, 05:45:26 PM »

Picked up my usuals plus a couple new ones. Enjoying the new "Shadow" storyline and was also glad to see the reveal in "Masks". Is the next issue the last? (Saw "to be concluded" in the bottom of the last panel) Or is it just the last of this storyline- any guesses? I've really been liking the new "Green Hornet" series much better than the previous attempt. Better writing, art, and feel for the character. Also picked up "Black Beetle" 3, new to me. Could never find any of the previous issues, maybe I'll have to order them or buy them online. Bought  the first issue of "The Black Bat" but the art was muddy and the story just didn't grab my attention, so I never finished it. I'll try again later to give it a fair chance. Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2013, 02:02:26 AM »

Started my readings today. I have been saving story arcs to read at once. I plan on reading Whistling Skull next. I just read Masks 3-7 and was disapointed. What happened to all of Green Lama's powers? He was extremely useless. I was not happy with his inclusion as I would prefer all relatively non-powered heroes. But I did not understand why he was used without any real power. The series was very predictable especially the big reveal of the villains identity. The only thing I really enjoyed about it was The Shadow. That and the praise of others makes me consider picking up the series. I hope Whistling Skull is better.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2013, 12:55:21 AM »

I finished Whistling Skull and got no surprises. While I enjoyed the flow and read the over all story was everything happening as expected. I prefer some surprise.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2013, 06:16:29 PM »

Picked up the new Miss Fury # 3 / and Domino Lady & Sherlock Holmes by MoonStone # 1 / Black Beetle # 4 and good to know there will be a new Black Beetle mini in the Fall of 2013. and the Shadow # 14. Plus the Graphic novel Superior. And the wife didn't kill me over the Paypal bill. But it did cost me. ugh!

RB Going to the mall.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.