in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Paw's profferings

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37

topic icon Author Topic: Paw's profferings  (Read 163504 times)

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Paw's profferings
« Reply #100 on: December 20, 2012, 04:15:08 PM »

2 issues of the Dutch superhero comic, Mirakel Man, which is a reprint of the Spanish original called, Superhombre.
Modifying this to add, 4 issues of the Spanish original Superhombre.  Enjoy them.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 05:38:11 PM by paw broon »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2013, 05:13:09 PM »

My Ne'erday gift to CB+, albeit a bit late.  So, the first 30 issues of DON Z, another Zorro clone but a really good fun version, this time from Spain and published in landscape format.  Plus, a genuine superhero, El Duende - again a Spanish landscape comic.  Hope you enjoy them - I do.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2013, 09:21:13 AM »

Some of you....... narfstar, perhaps, wanted obscure, well have alook at Streamline in the UK an Aus. Section.  There is a Dennis Gifford back up stort as well.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2013, 11:02:13 AM »

Thanks for more cool stuff paw and check out my recent cheap win on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181055036476
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2013, 03:28:21 PM »

Now that's exciting.  Australian.  Masked cowboy fights aliens, by the look of that cover.  Can't wait to read it.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2013, 12:33:34 AM »

It will be on my quick to scan list
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2013, 12:42:55 AM »

I may not be able to understand it but Casiano Barullo is a good looking series
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2013, 12:36:27 PM »

I agree.  The artist has a very interesting style.  Sort of a cross between Alex Raymond and Will Gould.

Thanks

Joe
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2013, 02:04:54 PM »

Thank you.  I rather like it as well.  Actually I have #3 also but can't get it to upload to the site.  I'll keep trying.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2013, 03:29:56 PM »

Is each issue complete or is it a continuing story?
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2013, 09:12:55 PM »

Continuing stories it seems but sort of complete episodes in each issue.  My Spanish is poor and it takes me ages to read an issue.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2013, 04:01:51 PM »

Sorry, there is something wrong with the #3 file. On my computer it shows 21.6 mb but when I upload it it's only 500 odd kb.  Out of my depth here. 
#s 11 & 12 coming up, I hope.  Fingers crossed.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

misappear

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2013, 06:47:59 PM »

As Narf stated, the artwork is very impressive.  I'm trying to dig up some background details on this strip, but there doesn't seem to be much history on it.  Anyone have a good link with some details on the strips history, art, and production?

--Dave
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2013, 07:24:51 PM »

Dave, there is some info, which you probably already found, but it's in Spanish.  Here:-
http://www.tebeosfera.com/obras/publicaciones/casiano_barullo_grafidea_1952.html
and here:-
http://lamansion-crg.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=56466&hl=
And a bit on Ricardo Beyloc here:-
http://www.tebeosfera.com/autores/r_beyloc.html
ip icon Logged

misappear

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2013, 09:02:30 PM »

Paw,

Based on your links, I found this:  http://www.lambiek.net/artists/b/beyloc_ricardo.htm

It gives a little info on the artist. 

I would love to have a little bit of time to rescan and wipe the word balloons, translating some of this into English.  I make a motion we add some hours to each day.  Any seconds?

--Dave
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2013, 09:55:54 PM »

Amen DAve
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2013, 04:01:46 PM »

Some of you should find this interesting.  From my own collection, a 1946, French, b&w reprint of a Masked Marvel story, which I bought last time in Paris.  At only 8 pages and measuring 8 1/4 inches by 6 inches, it reflects the paper shortage on Europe after WW2.  In the translation, he's called The Masked Man.   It would be good if anyone could tell me which American issue the story is from.
https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=30060
ip icon Logged

cooperway4

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #117 on: January 14, 2013, 05:44:02 AM »

from Keen Detective Funnies (Centaur, 1938 series) #v2#8 (August 1939)

according to GCD
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2013, 10:10:49 AM »

Thanks cooperway4.  Not having a French comic guide, I can't find out if other MM stories were translated.  But I'm about to upload a French Blue Beetle comic, which looks as if it might have been retouched, as happened with The Phantom in Italian versions.  It would be good to have opinions on this.
Editing this to add the link to Le Capitaine X13:-
https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=30074
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:38:52 PM by paw broon »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2013, 03:57:21 PM »

Right, this has taken me a long time - too long perhaps.  You might have noticed that the AMOK section under Spanish comics was empty.  There was a copy of #1 there ages ago but there was something wrong with the file so we took it off.  And could I find another copy?  Nae luck!  Then, suddenly, I fell over copies of #s 1,2 & 3, whose links hadn't disappeared from Mediafire.  Now they are on site and that was a long story which is probably of little interest to anyone but me.  They are nice comics.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2013, 04:09:33 PM »

Apart from 12 issues of Castor the Invincible, which I think I've spelt wrongly on the title, now up are another 2 Thunderbolt Jaxon stories and a Silent Three adventure.  All in the UK section.  I must apologise for the quality on the TJ scans as they were scanned from old, not very good, photocopies and with my limited skills, that's the best I can do with them.  But, hopwfully, the rarity of the strips will outway the poor state they are in - unless someone can have a footer about and improve them?   ;)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2013, 09:53:50 PM »

Thanks Paw Thunderbolt was very readable.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2013, 06:32:15 PM »

I've just uploaded 3 examples of Dixon Hawke Library, supplied by hoover.  These are great additions to the site and certainly compliment the Sexton Blake entries.  Hawke was also, unofficially, known as The Scottish Detective.  There were over 500 issues of the Library and his exploits appeared in other publications.   Thanks hoover, this is good stuff.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2013, 05:14:50 PM »

A new Silent Three story scanned from very old cuttings from a School Friend Annual.  This one is a crossover in which The Silent Three meet The Grey Shadows.  I've tried to improve the quality but I'm at the limits of my very slight abilities. My guide doesn't list the annuals but I have just found a frontispiece which, I'm sure, is for this story and the date is 1952.
After quite a search, I've found some other old photocopies and cuttings of Silent Three stories - much like the recent Thunderbolt Jaxon stories.  But they need a bit of work.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2013, 07:36:58 PM »

I tried to play around with your first page. Here are the results. What do you think? I had to reduce it a great deal to fit it here with the size limitations ant all you know?

Richard
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:41:26 PM by mr_goldenage »
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 37

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.